Faceoff: Inside the NHL Premieres Oct 4th on Prime Video

kevsh

Nov 28, 2018
Damn the filmmakers for starting off the first episode of series with the Bruins-Leafs matchup last spring. :help:

As for the show, it's looking a bit like a promo video for the league. Sure it's interesting to see the players away from the rink and hear their raw emotions, but it's 100% promo material designed to spark/renew interest just as a new season starts.

Sol

Smile
Jun 30, 2017
I think my favorite part is when McDavid demanded a human effigy outside of the oppositions homes to get them scared. Leadership!

Laus723

Graceful brutality
Sponsor
Jan 27, 2006
Wellington, FL
It's good, I like seeing how these guys live and how they go about their general days and game days. I'm always surprised when a player from a Canadian team is out and about, I always half thought they'd get mobbed with a camera following them. I've seen Barkov, Bryan McCabe, and others out and about before and always said a quick hello. They're always so willing to talk for a minute or two. I just wanted to say hi and let them know that they're appreciated, hockey players really are the best.

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Isn't that the point though? To be a behind the scenes look at some of the league's stars? We all saw the games last year, can see the highlights anytime on YouTube if you want.
This just doesnt feel anywhere near the level of the early HBO ones or even something like Quarterback.

Early HBO ones had a lot of game stuff, and youd see interactions on ice, on the bench, in between periods. I know we obviously get this later with mcdavid and stuff, but first ep had barely any of that i feel like compared to these other types of series.

Legion34

Jan 24, 2006
Watched the first ep. Thought it was kinda mid. They really don't show much on ice action or other players not directly involved.

Agreed. It was too many jump cuts of action. You can’t see the play really. It’s like flash snap. Flash ball in qb hands. Flash guy in end zone.

31-20.

If you didn’t know how hockey really looked as a casual fan I don’t think the action was compelling. You don’t know how hockey is played really. Just all you are dropped into a scene and the the puck is flying. The Willy pasta story was nice but I think I got more involved with players in receiver. Heck ufc countdowns bring more connection to the fighters

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad