Faceoff: Inside the NHL Premieres Oct 4th on Prime Video

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
On 32 thoughts last week I believe it was Friedman mentioned in previous shows similar to this thr NHL had the last say as to what airs, but for this it was Amazon.

Apparently some stuff that can be construed in the wrong light will be in it, so it could create a controversy. That last part was in my words, not is, so will be interesting to see

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
lot to work with on that first episode. Nylander and Pasta played together as kids, now stars on opposing sides in a dramatically unkind rivalry to the leafs

Hextallent63

Oct 13, 2011
I hope I'm not showing my age but this reminds me of the shows back in the day when I was a kid in the '80s and early '90s if I remember correctly. They were called like NHL face off or NHL PowerShots or some s*** and they were hosted by Mike Emrick. I used to love catching them on TV.

lordtrillson

May 24, 2020
There’s only 6 episodes? Was under the impression that each player would have multiple episodes like hard knocks

Vilbers

Jenny was the bad guy
Oct 8, 2017
20rl8o.gif

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007
I guarantee you this is how 90% of NHL captains react when their team comes out flat in big games.

This is how you should hope your captain responds, I believe that's after game 2 when the Oilers were dead in the water thus far in the series.

They came back and made it a series with a real chance of winning it ... because they give a shit.

I'd rather have that than a team that just folds up shop and a captain that sits in the corner quietly. f*** being nice, if I want nice I'll go pay $10 a ticket to watch some meaningless AHL bozos bump into each other. I want to see the best, and I want to know who actually wants to win and who is just there for fun + big paycheque but shies away from the struggle.

A lot of team's would have quit down 0-3, kudos to McDavid for willing his team back into that series and not giving up. You only do that if there's some fire in the belly if there is some fight in your leadership group.

Last edited:

Frank the Tank

The Godfather
Aug 15, 2005
Chicago, IL
This is how you should hope your captain responds, I believe that's after game 2 when the Oilers were dead in the water thus far in the series.

They came back and made it a series with a real chance of winning it ... because they give a shit.

I'd rather have that than a team that just folds up shop and a captain that sits in the corner quietly. f*** being nice, if I want nice I'll go pay $10 a ticket to watch some meaningless AHL bozos bump into each other. I want to see the best, and I want to know who actually wants to win and who is just there for fun + big paycheque but shies away from the struggle.

A lot of team's would have quit down 0-3, kudos to McDavid for willing his team back into that series and not giving up. You only do that if there's some fire in the belly if there is some fight in your leadership group.
It's not just sports. My PhD advisor is one of the best, if not the best, in his field. He's a person who is regularly discussed each fall as a favorite to win the Nobel Prize. He was competitive as hell about everything. We need to publish first with the most impactful data, do one more experiment this weekend so we have the data to submit to Nature next week...

You never wanted to be the reason why one of his/your teams ideas wasn't being executed. Key equipment was down? You better have had called the instrument tech and set up the earliest repair appointment possible. You also should have emailed my advisor and explain the problem so he can call the president of the company to get an even earlier repair visit. It was a very intense environment in which to work, but success was ever present.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

Coffey

☠️not a homer☠️
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Circuit Circus
Why is everyone taking EdmFlyersFan comment here so seriously? Dude hates the Oilers, no other comment should be expected.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad