Confirmed with Link: Fabbri to Anaheim

Steve Yzerlland

Jul 18, 2018
No ill will towards Fabbri. He was an amazing swindle by Yzerman... Jacob De La Rose for him and he kept us entertained even a little bit during those truly awful seasons.

Hope he kills it out in Anaheim and is able to stay healthy. He's a fun player.
I won't miss him. He is too much of a LTIR scare. Can't stay healthy, good luck.

LongTimeDRWF

Feb 10, 2024
NS
My guess is Alexander and Carter Gylander are the two goalies in Toledo
Bednar is sign by the Griffs, so might have 3 at Toledo and 3 at Grand Rapids if only 2 on the wings, but more likely to trade one of Husso and Lyons before too long.

Did I read incorrectly or do we have 2 x 4th rounders next year and it's whatever one is higher? If so, we still have all our picks essentially .
I think one of 4th rounders (the later one)belongs to Montreal as part of Petry deal and now the earlier one belongs to the Ducks, so the wings I do not think have a 4th in 2025

Reactions: saska sault

Scottgaf1

Nov 11, 2020
I like Fabbri, but you can't pay role players big money. The Wings have a lot of young forwards who can provide similar stats at the league min.

That money is better served locking up the top talent.

Reactions: Astyanax

Snuggs

Jun 24, 2018
So shipped out Walman/Fabbri for a 2nd/4th and brought in Tarasenko and Gustavsson to replace them... Small up grades... not bad.

Bench

3 is a good start
Aug 14, 2011
crease
Always liked Fabbri and will miss him but this makes sense.

Fabbri is actually a really good player and he helped the Wings at their lowest. His only weakness is his availability. That's it. Otherwise he's the ideal middle six guy.

I really want to see him rip off a great full season. I think he will eventually.

lilidk

Mar 4, 2008
Yzerman no longer care about those pics, he paid fourth and .8 m garbage in return, just for one year.

ManwithNoIdentity

Jun 4, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
It was the best of times

IMG_5307.jpeg

eojsmada

Oct 23, 2022
There's like no one left from the roster Yzerman inherited. Just Larkin, Rasmussen, and Veleno. And only Seider, Raymond, and Husso from 2022. Pretty crazy roster overhaul.

Really feels like the core is Larkin, Seider, Raymond, and probably Edvinsson...for now...until some of the other players make their way, full-time, onto the roster.

• Wow
Reactions: ColdToiletSeats

Oddbob

Jan 21, 2016
Gage Alexander is a 6'6" 22-year-old goalie.

Oh man Yzerman just keeps delivering me all these presents. Assuming no cap retention, this also moves out $4 million from the Red Wings putting the Wings cap space around $20 million (sans Raymond and Seider, of course).

He sucks though. Take a look at his 19 game ECHL stint this season.

I haven't been keeping total count but don't we have way too many goalies on the Wings and the Griffins now??

Gage is likely ECHL at best, just based on his stats this year.

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
I never understood giving Fabbri that contract. I don’t mind that Yzerman paid to get rid of Walman as it seems like there was something going on behind the scenes with him rubbing the team the wrong way, but with Fabbri I don’t like that we have a conditional pick attached. I don’t think he ever earned this level of AAV or term, and remains injury prone.

Wishing Fabbri the best of luck in Anaheim and he should have plenty of opportunity in this contract year if

So shipped out Walman/Fabbri for a 2nd/4th and brought in Tarasenko and Gustavsson to replace them... Small up grades... not bad.
Not sure about the walman thing. Never heard about the off ice stuff, but it would make sense, because that was not a terrible contract. Why else would we have to add a sweetener? I absolutely love the tank signing. Someone here suggested we should have undercut Ottawa and signed him last year, but that got no traction. Perhaps nether party was interested, but I love it.
I remember thinking as he fell, all the way to 16 at the draft, maybe we can get the Russian tank. Instead 2 picks later we got Sheahan, which was almost as good.🫣
And then at 25 Washington snatched up kutzensov l!!!🙄

Astyanax

May 5, 2020
No ill will towards Fabbri. He was an amazing swindle by Yzerman... Jacob De La Rose for him and he kept us entertained even a little bit during those truly awful seasons.

Hope he kills it out in Anaheim and is able to stay healthy. He's a fun player.
Hell yeah, he was a great addition, especially for the price. We also added Bobby Ryan that off season. And both started like gangbusters. Ryan might have gotten us a first if he "hadn't gotten hurt". I think he had like 18 goal in 37 games. Buy wow to me that Ryan black hole.😌😔🤤

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad