FA Game #3 by TP, RR, and IR4

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
I will give you LaBarbera for Mason if you want the cap space. Mike Smith is going to need some rest. Haha. :)

I haven't received any PMs and don't expect much so .. deal. Columbus is trying to get rid of some of the pieces that reflected upon the piss-poor image the team currently has. We wish Steve Mason all the best, he's better than he's shown during his tenure in Columbus

Regina Pat

Keep Kadri
May 16, 2010
The ODR
:leafs

Leafs acquire Staal from Pittsburgh

20101102penguins_330-1.jpg

The Toronto Maple Leafs pulled off a blockbuster of a deal today, acquiring Jordan Staal, as well as the Penguins 1st and 4th round selections in the 2012 Entry Draft from Pittsburgh in exchange for Toronto's 1st round selection in the upcoming draft, as well as winger Nikolai Kulemin.

"We've managed to do some fine work today." Leafs GM TribalPhoenix stated in a press conference at the Real Sports Bar and Grill today.

"Jordan has size, offensive ability, leadership, and is young, not to mention great defensive awareness. We're thrilled to add him to our club, and plan to see him playing with Phil Kessel and Joffrey Lupul on our first line next season. We paid a price in giving up the 5th overall pick, but by acquiring the 22nd pick we remain in the 1st round while still getting our young centre, and being able to add a great prospect to go with him. Nikolai will be a great fit in Pittsburgh, and we are sorry to see him go."

I like what you're doing to the Leafs. Damn. Daayyyuumm.

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
I haven't received any PMs and don't expect much so .. deal. Columbus is trying to get rid of some of the pieces that reflected upon the piss-poor image the team currently has. We wish Steve Mason all the best, he's better than he's shown during his tenure in Columbus

I will send it in before the official trade call.

EDIT: It's sent.

...........................................................................................

:coyotes

The Phoenix Coyotes are pleased to announce that they have acquired goaltender Steve Mason from the Columbus Blue Jackets for goaltender Jason LaBarbera.

The Coyotes as sad to say farewell to Jason, who is the absolute consumate teammate. We are thrilled, however, to acquire a great young goaltender in the mold of Mike Smith and Sean Burke. We hope Mason can learn from his new organization and enjoy similar succes, in a back up role, as our starter Mike Smith has enjoyed in his role with the team. We could not be happier with how Smith has played for this franchise. However, he only had fifteen games off during the regular season, and much of that was due to injury. After our long playoff run, we felt we needed a goalie who can carry just a little bit more of a work load. We'd like to see Mason start twenty or twenty five games for us next season.

Last edited:
Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
7 million for Semin :shakehead

Parise agent just got some leverage

:naughty: Yea I did.

You guys are also welcome to let me know how you feel about the players being re-signed and whether you think it is unreasonable that they would re-sign. I've tried to do the re-signings based on what players are saying IRL, and also how well they fit into the teams and the competitiveness of that team.

Last edited:

rt

Clean Hits on Substack
Coyotes still to sign all two-way contract RFAs but are pretty much closed for business until before the draft. Feel free to make offers, but we are content with how the roster has been rounded out.

Out:
Langkow
Pyatt
Roszival
LaBarbera

In:
Stoll
Dubinsky
Summers
Mason

CupWanted

Memories of better days
Mar 4, 2008
A thought and a burning question from an onlooker thus far.
I really like what the Leafs GM has done thus far. They've gotten harder to play against which is fitting for the dead puck era. It pains me to say that as a Sabres fan.

My burning question is what was the offer on the table for Malkin?

Carlzner

Oct 31, 2011
Denver, CO
A thought and a burning question from an onlooker thus far.
I really like what the Leafs GM has done thus far. They've gotten harder to play against which is fitting for the dead puck era. It pains me to say that as a Sabres fan.

My burning question is what was the offer on the table for Malkin?

I offered Bobby Ryan + 6th Overall + Peter Holland and he accepted, but the league veto'd it.

The Instigator

Tom Wilson - NHL All Star
Sponsor
Feb 6, 2010
:naughty: Yea I did.

You guys are also welcome to let me know how you feel about the players being re-signed and whether you think it is unreasonable that they would re-sign. I've tried to do the re-signings based on what players are saying IRL, and also how well they fit into the teams and the competitiveness of that team.

Semin makes sense. It's either DC or Russia imho. The money is ludacris however.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
:stars

Adam Pardy + for an overpaid 3rd line winger

or

Mark Fistric + for a good young 3rd line winger (top-six potential is a bonus)

Also, Jack Campbell + could be on the block for a young top-six winger

Nov 29, 2003
Screw You Blaster
Visit site
:bolts

Tampa Bay Makes Trio of Trades

The Lightning are confirming three trades today. The first involves a deal with the New York Rangers, with the Lightning trading their 3rd in 2012 for Mats Zuccarello, who we believe will flourish given more ice time on the Lightning. The second deal was absolutely essential for the club in addressing their lack of a quality goaltender. The Lightning traded their 1st in 2012, prospect Vlad Namestnikov and Mattias Ohlund for Canucks goaltender Roberto Luongo. The third deal saw the Lightning trade for defensive help and grit. The Lightning traded Detroits 1st in 2012 (previously acquired for Kyle Quincey) and Dana Tyrell to the Devils for Andy Greene and David Clarkson.

The Lightning believe that Zuccarello will be a breakout player playing alongside Vincent Lecavalier and being mentored by Martin St. Louis. We also believe that Luongo will find his form again now that he is removed from the constant media attention and scrutiny. We believe that he will be especially comfortable as he is now back in Florida. Finally, the Lightning have really liked what they have seen from Andy Greene and David Clarkson. In Andy the Lightning acquire a mobile defender that has really developed his defensive game, and has great offensive capabilites. We believe that he will be a welcome addition to play alongside Victor Hedman. With Clarkson, the Lightning re-acquire some of that grit that was lost with the trading of Downie, and also add in the goalscoring department.

New Lightning Lineup:

Purcell - Stamkos - St. Louis
Malone - Lecavalier - Zuccarello
Brown - Connolly - Clarkson
Thompson - ? - Pyatt

Hedman - Greene
Brewer - Lee
Aulie - Bergeron

Luongo
Garon

CaptPantalones

Oct 8, 2006
Buffalo, NY
Pittsburgh Penguins press conference confirming Staal trade

The Pittsburgh Penguins announced confirmed earlier this evening that they have traded C Jordan Staal, their 1st round pick in 2012 (22nd overall) and their 2012 4th round pick to the Toronto Maple Leafs for RW Nikolai Kulemin and their 2012 1st round pick (5th overall). GM CaptPantalones just finished addressing the media moments ago.

On the decision to move Staal

"It was far from an easy decision. Basically we looked at it from the standpoint of we had 3 centers on the roster that could be #1 guys on possibly half the teams in the NHL and we felt we had to move one of them in an attempt to better our roster in other areas."

"Jordan is a great young player as his time in Pittsburgh showed. But in the same breath, its hard to get quality ice time when you have arguably the 2 best players in the world playing in front of you. So in a sense, we were happy to give Jordan a chance to become a top center in the league."

On rumors that Malkin was being shopped

"All we will say is that we had an offer out there that we liked, but it didnt work out in the end. we were prepared to move in several different directions"

On Nikolai Kulemin and where hell fit in the lineup

"Nikolai is a big physical forward that has many great attributes. Hes shown he can be both a scorer and a playmaker at the NHL level and we feel he will be a fantastic asset to our team."

"In terms of where he will fit on the team, we imagine well likely pair him with Geno and James Neal to start and see how it goes. He and Geno have played some together before and he and Neal could be very good compliments in terms of their playing styles."

On what having the 5th pick means and what the off-season holds

"Its huge to have such a high pick in a very talented draft. There are some great young players in this draft and being at 5 guarantees that we will have a chance to draft a very good player. That doesnt mean we wont entertain offers to move up or down the board, but we are happy where we are."

"In terms of the off-season, we would like to add a center to replace what we lost in Jordan. a guy who can play against your oppositions top line and also provide offense from time to time. We feel this is a talented FA group in that regard with several good centers available. That will likely be our big need going forward along with adding a backup goaltender and possibly a depth defenseman."

GordieHoweHatTrick

Sep 20, 2009
Toronto
:cbj

Rick Nash on his way to St. Louis

Rick Nash, Fedor Tyutin, CBJ's 3rd round pick for David Perron, Chris Stewart, Ty Rattie, Jake Allen, and STL's 1st round pick

“The Columbus Blue Jackets feel that Nash could still be a dominating player and a major threat to opposing teams in the playoffs, but given the Blue Jackets’ change in direction, management felt it was favourable to both parties that they parted ways. Columbus now owns the 2nd, 17th (LAK), and 28th (STL) first round picks in this year’s draft and are looking forward to replenishing the cupboards en route to the ultimate goal, an NHL championship.”

Chris Stewart signed for 2 years, 3M per season

Last edited:

Haligonian

---------
Dec 23, 2008
Halifax
:jets

BIG DAY IN WINNIPEG

The Winnipeg Jets are pleased to announce that they have come to terms on a big trade with the Edmonton Oilers that see's them add the 1st overall pick in this years draft! Along with the 1st overall pick, the Jets also acquired a high quality defensive prospect in David Musil who was selected 31st overall in last years draft. Heading the other way to Edmonton were defenseman Tobias Enstrom and the 9th overall pick in this years draft.

To EDM: Tobias Enstrom (D), 1st 2012 (WPG)

To WPG: 1st 2012 (EDM), David Musil (D)

"We're extremely excited to add a world-class player to our roster with the 1st overall pick along with an excellent prospect in David Musil. We're sad to see Tobias leave but we wish him all the best in Edmonton." Jets GM Haligonian added

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad