OT: F1 Racing 2024 Edit - Also Other Motor Racing

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

My3Sons

Nobody told me there'd be days like these...
Sponsor
Fascinating race in Italy. The Ferraris did not melt their tires while the McLarens melted their front left tire. Ultimately that decided the race. The important thing is that there are now three teams that can contend every race and if Mercedes can tweak things a bit there will be four teams in the hunt. The group has come a long way from early in the season where it looked like Red Bull was not going to be challenged.

NjDevsRR

Anything Can Happen In Jersey
Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
First Milwaukee race yesterday was exciting, lots of passing. Daly passing 12 on the first two laps was wild. Multiple passes for the lead on track.

Fun flat short oval track. Deserves to be on the schedule going forward but they can never get good attendance in Milwaukee. Even Nascar ditched the track. Shame.

Classic Grosjean at 1:35 in the video. “YOU SENT ME THE WRONG EMAIL” lmaooo

And what a drive by Daly. From almost last to a podium spot on one of the back marker teams. Only his third race with the team too. Maybe he can get a full time ride next season. If not, one team will definitely put him in a car for all the oval races.

Race 2 today at 230pm on USA

Last edited:

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
WOW Palou cannot start the race. Mechanical issues. This opens up the championship for the final race in two weeks

Edit: Palou 28 laps down. If Power can finish in top 5, the championship is down to under 10 points. Power would LEAD by 2 pts if he wins. He was down 45 going in. Wild stuff.

I will be going to the Championship race in Nashville in two weeks so this makes it even more spicy. If Power can have a good finish today. And this year they are at the Nashville oval which will make for a crazy championship race.

Edit 2: Ugh. Power spun. Down to P12

Last edited:
Reactions: My3Sons

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
IMG_8485.jpeg

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
Power finishes P10

Down 33 pts to Palou going into the finale. Still very doable for Power if he can win but Palou will need another bad race.

Last edited:

HughesCorporation

in the box
Jan 27, 2023
Fascinating race in Italy. The Ferraris did not melt their tires while the McLarens melted their front left tire. Ultimately that decided the race. The important thing is that there are now three teams that can contend every race and if Mercedes can tweak things a bit there will be four teams in the hunt. The group has come a long way from early in the season where it looked like Red Bull was not going to be challenged.
Loved oscar attacking lando , im sure lando was like, wtf!!! charles once again was the tire nija

My3Sons

Sponsor
Loved oscar attacking lando , im sure lando was like, wtf!!! charles once again was the tire nija
LeClerc was driving every bit as hard as the McLarens and managed a one stop race so there wasn’t anything McLaren could do to counter it. To me the funny part of the coverage was the post race commentary where the announcers acted like second and third was some sort of barely mitigated disaster.

NjDevsRR

Sponsor
Apr 24, 2012
Belmar
That car is just faster than the other cars
And yet, one of the slowest cars in the field in terms of the equipment lmao. Daly is able to get the best out of his cars on ovals. He takes likes where no one else dares to go.

Qualifying almost last and finishing on the podium is an impressive drive.

Louskoolaid89

Let's Go!!!
Oct 14, 2017
First Milwaukee race yesterday was exciting, lots of passing. Daly passing 12 on the first two laps was wild. Multiple passes for the lead on track.

Fun flat short oval track. Deserves to be on the schedule going forward but they can never get good attendance in Milwaukee. Even Nascar ditched the track. Shame.

Classic Grosjean at 1:35 in the video. “YOU SENT ME THE WRONG EMAIL” lmaooo

And what a drive by Daly. From almost last to a podium spot on one of the back marker teams. Only his third race with the team too. Maybe he can get a full time ride next season. If not, one team will definitely put him in a car for all the oval races.

Race 2 today at 230pm on USA

Indy cars put on a better show here than stock cars do. This coming from a "taxi cab" fanatic.

Reactions: NjDevsRR

My3Sons

Sponsor
This was an exciting well run race for both Ferrari and McLaren. Credit to young Piastri for holding off LeClerc. That Sainz Perez crash was awful. To me the driver of the day was Norris who clawed all the way up to fourth. Verstappen probably did enough to hold onto the driver championship but something is clearly off with Red Bull. George Russell should be nicknamed the Vulture after twice taking advantage of these late race crashes. Props to McLaren for taking over the constructors title for now.

Reactions: Clam Jensen

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
This was an exciting well run race for both Ferrari and McLaren. Credit to young Piastri for holding off LeClerc. That Sainz Perez crash was awful. To me the driver of the day was Norris who clawed all the way up to fourth. Verstappen probably did enough to hold onto the driver championship but something is clearly off with Red Bull. George Russell should be nicknamed the Vulture after twice taking advantage of these late race crashes. Props to McLaren for taking over the constructors title for now.
The papayas put in some serious work today. That defense by Oscar was magnificent!

My3Sons

Sponsor
The papayas put in some serious work today. That defense by Oscar was magnificent!
For such a young guy he drives with lots of poise. This was a really impressive win.

I will suggest that F1 has to figure something out though because the races are all starting to look the same. One stop and tire management greatly overshadows the drivers.

Clam Jensen

Apr 8, 2008
NJ
For such a young guy he drives with lots of poise. This was a really impressive win.

I will suggest that F1 has to figure something out though because the races are all starting to look the same. One stop and tire management greatly overshadows the drivers.
Mark Weber is such a great manager for him, but yea the people developing the cars are just too damn good lol, hardly ever see any car issues anymore.

Peter Sidorkiewicz

Devils Army
Sponsor
Oct 22, 2002
Unless F1 bring back refueling there is nothing else that should be done. F1 at the moment is great because Red Bull have been brought right back to the pack.

It was boring watching Verstappen dominate due to his car. Now there is a legitimate chance that a win can come from 1 of 4 teams - Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes.

And if Adrian Newey is that good, maybe there will be a 5th team in Aston Martin that could challenge for victories/podiums in 2025.

My3Sons

Sponsor
Unless F1 bring back refueling there is nothing else that should be done. F1 at the moment is great because Red Bull have been brought right back to the pack.

It was boring watching Verstappen dominate due to his car. Now there is a legitimate chance that a win can come from 1 of 4 teams - Red Bull, McLaren, Ferrari, Mercedes.

And if Adrian Newey is that good, maybe there will be a 5th team in Aston Martin that could challenge for victories/podiums in 2025.
The level of competition is much better now than even the beginning of the season but the race strategy seems pretty obvious now. Granted today was compelling for multiple segments which was fun to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad