F Trevor Connelly - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2024, 19th, VGK)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Rabid Ranger

2 is better than one
Feb 27, 2002
Murica
Think of that- he's taller than Hughes, and needs to put on 15 lbs. just to equal him. It's not like Hughes is known for his robust physical game. Connelly can only dream of having his skating, skill, and IQ.

I just find it odd that Catton is getting criticized for his lack of size and physicality, and he is 15 lbs. more than Connelly- I haven't heard anyone criticize his lack of strength.
I get it, but you are saying Connelly needs to put on 30 lbs. (to get to 190 lbs.) to compete. No, he doesn't. Yes, he does need to put on some weight and get stronger. I mean, it is conceivable he does that-right?

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Jack Hughes is around the same height and weighs 175 lbs. soaking wet. Yes, Connelly needs to put on some weight and gain some strength but let's not go overboard here.
Hughes is 5’10 (and he didn’t measure at the combine so he could be shorter). Not sure I’d say a two inch difference is around the same.

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
Vegas drafting a hateful, racist, and awful human being is quite the look. Learned nothing at all last few years?

Before anyone says "well just one incident"...no. Connelly is legitimately a piece of shit.

One mother said her son avoided team activities, like bus rides or team meals, to avoid being around Connelly more than was necessary. Another mother said her son asked to not stay at the team hotel because he didn’t want to be around Connelly. Yet another parent said she went so far as to ask her son to assist a player Connelly repeatedly picked on. “It’s frustrating when you have to tell your kid to protect his teammate from another teammate,” she said. Two players left the Anaheim Jr. Ducks program prior to or during or the 2017-18 season in part because of how they were treated by Connelly, according to three parents associated with that program.

You don't get kicked out of and asked to leave that many programs because you're competitive. To chalk up toxic behavior and being a shitty human being to being competitive is ridiculous. The NHL hasn't learned and Vegas, I hope serious karma slaps the f*** out of them for this one.

MikeyMike01

U.S.S. Wang
Jul 13, 2007
Hell
Vegas drafting a hateful, racist, and awful human being is quite the look. Learned nothing at all last few years?

Before anyone says "well just one incident"...no. Connelly is legitimately a piece of shit.

You don't get kicked out of and asked to leave that many programs because you're competitive. To chalk up toxic behavior and being a shitty human being to being competitive is ridiculous. The NHL hasn't learned and Vegas, I hope serious karma slaps the f*** out of them for this one.

We can’t all be as cheerful and loving as you.

Reactions: NotProkofievian

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
We can’t all be as cheerful and loving as you.
You're right. How ridiculous.

Thinking swastikas are funny.
Racial slurs.
Bullying players on the ice and off the ice, which is harassment.
Being kicked out of multiple programs because parents in every program complained about his hateful behavior.

He didn't get better as a teen, he progressively displayed worse behavior that was ignored by his coaches enough to justify having his skill on their team. He started as a bully and then went on to joke about building a swastika with blocks and reportedly his parents tried to block reporters from finding out.

I guess doing that is normal and not doing that makes you, perfect? Oh wait, not doing that wouldn't just make you a not shitty person? I see.

Reactions: Danarqhy

PanniniClaus

Oct 12, 2006
You're right. How ridiculous.

Thinking swastikas are funny.
Racial slurs.
Bullying players on the ice and off the ice, which is harassment.
Being kicked out of multiple programs because parents in every program complained about his hateful behavior.

He didn't get better as a teen, he progressively displayed worse behavior that was ignored by his coaches enough to justify having his skill on their team. He started as a bully and then went on to joke about building a swastika with blocks and reportedly his parents tried to block reporters from finding out.

I guess doing that is normal and not doing that makes you, perfect? Oh wait, not doing that wouldn't just make you a not shitty person? I see.
I agree.. he's a full on piece of shit and I hope it blows up spectacularly.

Reactions: Honour Over Glory

Honour Over Glory

Jan 30, 2012
Sounds like it went poorly.. from those around the combine "he didn't do himself any favors" and even though 22 teams interviewed him, it sounds like far less have him on their final list.
The main thing that stood out is that he blamed others which is what entitled losers like him do.

The racial slur being over turned for the suspension is a master class of his parents using privilege. When you read about how it went down, it's clear as day none of it was done above board. When you don't even interview the witness and let them know it's being appealed, yeah...

The fact his parents tried to sue Athletic for the article and then had it dropped tells you a lot about him and his family. He's another Mitchell Miller, I'm sure Vegas is probably thinking he also embodies their values.

Connelly attended the hearing, conducted via video conference, as did his parents and Osei-Tutu, his adviser. Beebe and the player who alleged Connelly used the slur were not in attendance, according to the committee’s written decision. Beebe said in an interview he was not made aware that the hearing was taking place, and no one from CAHA alerted him that the allegation was under further review. The player who made the initial allegation was not contacted about the hearing, either, nor were his parents or the player’s adviser.

Yeah not shady at all..

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad