F Trevor Connelly - Tri-City Storm, USHL (2024, 19th, VGK)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

saintunspecified

Nov 30, 2017
Mistakes have consequences. No one's saying he can't make a living selling real estate or working in insurance or any other mundane day job like everyone else. Maybe he shouldn't get the opportunity to be a pro athlete though.
Right? He got kicked off teams & drafted lower for this stuff. He didn't get sent to prison or Juvie for vandalism or property destruction. I think the part of this that really bugs me as a parent is what his parents didn't do. Given that very often (not always) bigotries are inherited from parents, *if* Connolly is really able to transform given his parents putting no limitations or consequences on him given the various things he did, it would be a real credit to him.

CheckingLineCenter

Aug 10, 2018
The people defending Connelly were probably douchebags as well when they were younger.
I think the real douchebags are the ones acting like they know even a little in EITHER direction here.

No one here has ever spoken to the kid, his teammates, parents, coaches enough to defend or persecute Connelly.

Reactions: Jersey Fan 12

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
We're still pretending that we're living in a perfect world and that people don't make mistakes?

Got it..

From all accounts he's turned into a solid kid.
If you listen to his agent, parents, and people who have a vested interest(usually financial) in him, yeah. Unbiased, objective people...we'll see. There is no doubt that his actions will be under a microscope for 2-3 years at least due to his past behavior.

Hopefully, 5 years now, we will be talking about his on ice play.

Reactions: rsteen

Jersey Fan 12

Positive Vibes
Nov 20, 2006
Vegas drafting a hateful, racist, and awful human being is quite the look. Learned nothing at all last few years?

Before anyone says "well just one incident"...no. Connelly is legitimately a piece of shit.

You don't get kicked out of and asked to leave that many programs because you're competitive. To chalk up toxic behavior and being a shitty human being to being competitive is ridiculous. The NHL hasn't learned and Vegas, I hope serious karma slaps the f*** out of them for this one.

New York Times writing a hit piece on a teenager. Would say it's disgraceful even for them.

Actually, par for the course.

Mattb124

Apr 29, 2011
Mistakes have consequences. No one's saying he can't make a living selling real estate or working in insurance or any other mundane day job like everyone else. Maybe he shouldn't get the opportunity to be a pro athlete though.
Yeah, let someone who has questions about their character have jobs that require licensing and potentially bonding - but certainly not as a pro athlete.

The stuff people post on the internet….

Honour Over Glory

Sully-Quinn: Idiots Squared
Jan 30, 2012
New York Times writing a hit piece on a teenager. Would say it's disgraceful even for them.

Actually, par for the course.
NYT writing about a racist that mocked the swastika by making a Jewish friend sit by the Swastika he made and then bullied teammates on and off the ice showing years of patterned toxic behavior is called reporting. Are you scared your kids doing the same thing will get reported on if they were to ever get drafted?

Maybe don’t be a privileged father that cheats his kid out of a racial slur suspension and flex your connections to do it so your kid actually learns valuable lessons like - being a piece of shit isn’t the way to go about in life. And paying to make it go away and suing when others talk about it as well as hiring an agent that snitches about “others that are worse” just to downplay what he’s done - doesn’t teach him a damned thing.

He doesn’t deserve a shot.

I bet you think Mitch Miller deserved a shot too. The only difference between the two is, well, nothing.

Kingpin794

Smart A** In A Jersey
Apr 25, 2012
209 at the Van
Yeah, let someone who has questions about their character have jobs that require licensing and potentially bonding - but certainly not as a pro athlete.

The stuff people post on the internet….
You understand the point I'm making. I could have said working at Home depot, cutting grass, etc etc. Most any job that isn't pro hockey. Did you think I only meant literally the few jobs I listed out?

Reactions: H3ckt1k

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad