F Tanner Howe - Regina Pats, WHL (2024 Draft)

Ovechkin962

Aug 25, 2010
Is he to Bedard what Dany Roussin was to Crosby back in the days? A great junior player that is the product of a generational talent.

NTDP

Dec 20, 2010
Cleveland, OH
I think he's showed some hockey sense in the 10-12 Regina games I saw this year. For example a few power plays he was below the goal line and is able to move it quick to the bumper for a 1-T. He showed compete on pucks too.

Of course next year will be telling how he carries the play. The first two games I saw him he was really good and driving play on his own, so I'm like okay he has a chance to be decently high on my 2024 list, but the more I saw I pulled back the reigns a bit, but I'll stay reserved until midway through next year.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
Is he to Bedard what Dany Roussin was to Crosby back in the days? A great junior player that is the product of a generational talent.
Not at all.

Roussin was 2-3 years older than Crosby, Howe is a yearish young than Bedard.

Howe produces better with Bedard but IMO plays a more impactful game away from him (long term, not immediate).

I see Howe becoming a buzzsaw out there in the next few years, will definitely be a solid contributor and player to build a junior team around.

Remember, he's a 2024 prospect not a 2023 one, he's not eligible for NHL teams to draft him for another year. This year was underaged Howe not oberaged Roussin.

I don't expect him to become a top 5 pick, I suspect he likely remains a late first range pick, but he's a solid player and developing well.

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
Is it strange that Howe and Pats are scoring more goals, more points without Connor Bedard?
- no Suzdalev, no Svozil either.

Howe is 2.00 ppg in 3 games. So great start for his draft season.
Sure its just 3 games but still, its interesting.

scoutman1

Twitter - scoutman33
Feb 19, 2005
www.facebook.com
Is it strange that Howe and Pats are scoring more goals, more points without Connor Bedard?

not really strange...now the team can play a more team game rather than let Bedard do it all...

Dust

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016

I think it had more to do with most prospects still being in NHL camps for the first handful of games. He has steadily kept it going though. Regina doesn't have any drafted guys that they are getting back this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad