F Sam O’Reilly - London Knights, OHL (2024, 32nd, EDM)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I like this guy. Seems to have a pro style game. As I've said before, he reminds me of Ryan Hartman w/o the stupid penalties. I don't see that it's a bad move by EDM, but let's be real. #32 picks seldom have much of a career, nvm 1-2 years after their draft year. If he gets any NHL games in his D+3 year it'll be a win for EDM.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Not sure why Edmonton would draft a player like him when he should 100% be a center and they already have Drai and McDavid, but O'Reilly is at least a great complimentary forward and could definitely replace Hyman. At worst he adds to the PKing and 3rd and 4th lines similar to a player like Brown.

Bryanbryoil

Pray For Ukraine
Sep 13, 2004
Not sure why Edmonton would draft a player like him when he should 100% be a center and they already have Drai and McDavid, but O'Reilly is at least a great complimentary forward and could definitely replace Hyman. At worst he adds to the PKing and 3rd and 4th lines similar to a player like Brown.
3C has been an issue. RNH is often on the wing these days and McLeod doesn't have the grit to be a great 3C. Not sure if we see him as a center or as an eventual Hyman type of player on the wing? He seems like the kind of guy that can thrive in a number of roles.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
3C has been an issue. RNH is often on the wing these days and McLeod doesn't have the grit to be a great 3C. Not sure if we see him as a center or as an eventual Hyman type of player on the wing? He seems like the kind of guy that can thrive in a number of roles.
He absolutely should be able to thrive in a number of roles, could potentially play as early as 2 years from now but it's more likely he's 3-4 years away. Needs to improve his skating but he could definitely look good in Edmonton.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Why should he be a C? He would be a great middle 6 RWer. Oilers had 8 'centers' playing in playoffs..

McD, Drai, Nuge, Henrique, Ryan, Carrick, McLeod, Holloway.

Dead Coyote

Oct 10, 2017
Why should he be a C? He would be a great middle 6 RWer. Oilers had 8 'centers' playing in playoffs..

McD, Drai, Nuge, Henrique, Ryan, Carrick, McLeod, Holloway.
Because he's great on faceoffs, fantastic defensively, plays the middle of the ice on both sides and is a great anchor. He's the ideal 2C if he hits and is an ideal 3 or 4C already most likely.

Reactions: Bryanbryoil

LTIR

Nov 8, 2013
Because he's great on faceoffs, fantastic defensively, plays the middle of the ice on both sides and is a great anchor. He's the ideal 2C if he hits and is an ideal 3 or 4C already most likely.
I'm junior or maybe AHL sure.. NHL is a different beast. Holloway will likely be a winger in NHL and there is a need of RWers going forward as well.. This kid wasn't even a forward 3 yrs ago.. He has been playing RD most of the time growing up. But if he can turn into a C it would be a bonus for Oilers.

Pass the Saitl Sauce

Apr 30, 2015
I'm junior or maybe AHL sure.. NHL is a different beast. Holloway will likely be a winger in NHL and there is a need of RWers going forward as well.. This kid wasn't even a forward 3 yrs ago.. He has been playing RD most of the time growing up. But if he can turn into a C it would be a bonus for Oilers.
From what I gather London played him as a rookie at C in key situations and face offs. As an oiler fan I want that further developed.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad