F Niko Huuhtanen - Jukurit, Liiga (2021, 224th, TBL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
It's hard to compare different leagues but at the moment I would have Räty ahead of Huuhtanen. Räty was very impressive in Liiga last year. Koivunen was great as well so maybe it is tie for him and Huuhtanen for me at the moment.
Räty was good, but he also played all of his Liiga games with Jukurit with Petrus Palmu. Palmu was much better than Räty (Räty was still good obviously). Räty is also about 7 months older than Huuhtanen.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I like him a lot. Hopefully he becomes a solid NHL player. I don't think there's a Finnish player like him in the NHL at the moment. He's a wrecking ball who scores goals.
He doesn't just score goals. Good playmaker too. And active stick causing turnovers. Actually very good all-around player.

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Artorius Horus T

sincerety
Nov 12, 2014
Suomi/Finland
He has been on and off the line up recently.
In 17 Sm-Liiga games this season, NIko has scored 7 goals, 12 points
and have sit 33 minutes worth of penalties.

In his previous game, in the CHL, he delivered a big hit
man...this young man is such joy to watch play hockey, he scores, makes plays,
skates well and strong, is physical and strong.

Dude is just 19 years 4 months and 27 days old.

Champions Hockey League: Jukurien Niko Huuhtanen rysäytti hurjan taklauksen CHL:ssä – vastustaja poistui pukusuojaan – katso maksutta MTV Katsomossa

Not sure can you watch the hit from there.

karhukissa

Apr 2, 2019
Very last pick of the 2021 draft, 27 points in 36 games for one of the lower tier teams in Liiga as a 19 year old.

Pick 224, jesus christ :D Olli Jokinen might not be the best tactical coach, but he sure can develop players.

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
Very last pick of the 2021 draft, 27 points in 36 games for one of the lower tier teams in Liiga as a 19 year old.

Pick 224, jesus christ :D Olli Jokinen might not be the best tactical coach, but he sure can develop players.
Not sure if Jokinen had that much to do with Huuhtanen's success. Huuhtanen was already good in his very first Liiga games.

Kung Fu Tzu

Aug 21, 2006
Norway
I haven't seen him play so I can't compare their styles, but Huuhtanens story reminds me of Patric Hornqvist - another last overall pick of the draft with questionable skating.

Would be fun if he gets to play in the NHL one day.

Jukurit

May 16, 2022
I would like to see Huuhtanen score more 5on5. 10 of his 15 goals are on PP and he leads Liiga in PP goals. 5on5 production is more impressive than PP production.

LaMasquerade

Mar 11, 2018
Tampere
Overtime gamewinner by Huuhtanen last night keeps Jukurit in playoffs race. Local newspaper (I'm visiting Mikkeli, Jukurit hometown) seems to be pretty high on him..

Reactions: GoBoltz56

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad