F Nikita Grebyonkin (2022, 135th, TOR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
And that includes the 7 games he played for Orsk where he had 0 points averaging 2:12 per game.
This is pretty confusing since you are obviously talking about Magnitogorsk while they have a farm team in actual Orsk.

The funniest thing about his season was the Leafs fans up in arms about Magnitka "punishing him for getting drafted", basically, only for them to loan him out to another actual KHL team where he has this spectacular season :laugh:

TheBeastCoast

Mar 23, 2011
Dartmouth,NS
This is pretty confusing since you are obviously talking about Magnitogorsk while they have a farm team in actual Orsk.

The funniest thing about his season was the Leafs fans up in arms about Magnitka "punishing him for getting drafted", basically, only for them to loan him out to another actual KHL team where he has this spectacular season :laugh:
I could be off on this but I am pretty sure most Leaf fans were happy about him getting loaned if it meant he was going to get more playing time. There wasn't a whole ton of expectation going into this season.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
I could be off on this but I am pretty sure most Leaf fans were happy about him getting loaned if it meant he was going to get more playing time. There wasn't a whole ton of expectation going into this season.
Yeah but at the time of him riding the pine in Magnitka (those roughly 2 weeks) all conspiracy theorists (and even some half-creditable journalists like Steve Dangle) came out of the woodwork with their 3D chess explanations how this is Magnitka punishing him for getting drafted and supposedly wanting to go to the NHL eventually when in reality they simply wanted him to be paid a salary while his loan deal was being worked on. That's what I meant.

Reactions: Morgs

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON

I'm not overly familiar with Russian geography, so my bad. But I agree with Beastcoast. I don't think most knowledgeable leaf fans really had an opinion on him besides wondering why we'd go after an OA in the MHL with good production. The production in the KHL has been astounding though and all of us (especially me) are eating our words.

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
How many Leaf fans we talking? Can you link me to these posts?
Probably like 2 who cared, others didn't really know he existed until recently. And not talking about these boards, as you can see from this thread he hasn't actually been discussed much at all here.

SoundAndFury

May 28, 2012
Got the link to these other sites. I'd like to read them.

Thanks.
google.com

You are welcome.

Edit: ok I wasted some time on the thing I remembered the best, timestamped and everything

This took like 5 minutes so I'm definitely gonna leave it at that. This has also been discussed on his podcast and I somehow doubt they were alone in this. You can choose to believe they were and nobody else thought that. Of those who cared to have an opinion at all.

Last edited:

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Same with Ovchinnikov and Amirov. Some fans believed they were punished for being NHL draft picks.:facepalm:

But in reality Amirov was being diagnosed with cancer, and Ovchinnikov was likewise a scratch/lower line player with the Marlies at the end of last year.

This stuff is like the QAnon of hockey.

Morgs

#16 #34 #44 #88 #91
Jul 12, 2015
London, ON
Another year in the KHL and then off to the Marlies?
Depends how he ends the season/plays next year. It's a long shot but could skip the AHL altogether at his current pace or play for a handful of games at the end of next year.

person5000

Oct 21, 2022
Depends how he ends the season/plays next year. It's a long shot but could skip the AHL altogether at his current pace or play for a handful of games at the end of next year.
Top line next year on nhl team

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad