F Nikita Artamonov - Torpedo Nizhny Novgorod, KHL (2024, 50th, CAR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Artomonov looked like a future NHLer last year.

He has a good motor and a very good hockey sense. He's a good 200' player.

His actual season debut is just confirming that..

Reactions: kp61c

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo seems like the best KHL team when it comes to young guys development.

Igor "the professor" Larionov is living up to his surname in a league that is tough on its young guys.

Contrary to other KHL organizations, where the mentality towards youngsters is similar to what it was in the '70-'80s here in NA, Larionov doesn't back down from giving significant playing time to his young guys.

He has more of an hybrid mentality where a young guy doesn't necessarily have to "go through an imposed tough time" of playing scarce minutes, even if he proves being better than some veterans.

Larionov's organization has had success lately at the NHL draft. As NHL organizations know that they're gonna have a transparent communication line with him and they know their young guys aren't gonna be "buried" in the line up, if they deserve to play.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Nizhny Novgorod Torpedo seems like the best KHL team when it comes to young guys development.

Igor "the professor" Larionov is living up to his surname in a league that is tough on its young guys.

Contrary to other KHL organizations, where the mentality towards youngsters is similar to what it was in the '70-'80s here in NA, Larionov doesn't back down from giving significant playing time to his young guys.

He has more of an hybrid mentality where a young guy doesn't necessarily have to "go through an imposed tough time" of playing scarce minutes, even if he proves being better than some veterans.

Larionov's organization has had success lately at the NHL draft. As NHL organizations know that they're gonna have a transparent communication line with him and they know their young guys aren't gonna be "buried" in the line up, if they deserve to play.

Torpedo is a very unique circumstance, though.
They are a smaller budget club with a really good development school. Most other smaller budget clubs would probably also rely on their youngsters if they had quality ones in their system.... but most good prospects migrate to the schools of elite teams.

I seriously doubt Larionov would be relying on Artamonov or Silyayev type youngsters if he was coaching Ak Bars or whoever.

Last edited:

samsagat

Jun 20, 2013
Torpedo is a very unique circumstance, though.
They are a smaller budget club with a really good development school. Most other smaller budget clubs would probably also rely on their youngsters if they had quality ones in their system.... but most good prospects migrate to the schools of elite teams.

I seriously doubt Larionov would be relying on Artamonov or Silyayev type youngsters if he was coaching Ak Bars or whoever.

Mmmm, you've got good points.

But I wonder if a guy of Larionov stature in Russia would coach (or be the gm) of a stronger team if he wanted to.

I mean, he's a legend and a good coach, I think he would interest about any KHL team if he'd be available.

So maybe he likes the freedom he has being with a weaker team.. A freedom where he can use, teach and develop younger players.

Maybe, I'm obviously not in the know... just speculations..

cg98

Oct 10, 2017
He should have never dropped out of the 1st round. The kid is poised to have a big year and is gonna score hella points. No idea what teams were thinking passing over him.

Redpath

Sep 30, 2011
Just a major self-own that teams/scouts can overlook incredible DY KHL production and convince themselves that whatever flaws he has should make him drop to the mid 2nd round.

Talk about overthinking it. Sometimes reading the boxscore really is that easy.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Just a major self-own that teams/scouts can overlook incredible DY KHL production and convince themselves that whatever flaws he has should make him drop to the mid 2nd round.

Talk about overthinking it. Sometimes reading the boxscore really is that easy.

boxscores is a terrible way to scout, the reason why I kept saying on the Habs board last year that every time I watched Konyushkov, I thought Artamonov stood out the most for his speed/skating and offense.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad