F Nico Myatovic - Seattle Thunderbirds, WHL (2023, 33rd, ANA)

Kamaya Painters

Nov 8, 2018
"Myjatovic"..

His parents really made all they could so people who work in media wouldn't fail to pronounce his name and yet these journalists, commentators and experts don't know how it's supposed to sound 😁

Btw, if this kid is anywhere close to being a Predrag Mijatović on ice then he'll be a star.

MI-YATO-VICH.

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Wonder how high he'll go in the draft? I'm guessing maybe he sneaks into the bottom half of the 2nd round - especially if he's noticeable in the Memorial Cup games.

Reactions: Bubbles

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
LOL almost a 1st rounder and still no one wants to talk about him?

Being the biggest Nico booster, I'm super happy for him. Anaheim is loaded with good young talent.

I had a peek into his thread on the Anaheim board and oh boy, some strange takes. Maybe they should look at this thread instead! :sarcasm:

I also had a feeling that some NHL teams had a lot higher than the lists out there.

tomd

Apr 23, 2003
Visit site

Being the biggest Nico booster, I'm super happy for him. Anaheim is loaded with good young talent.

I had a peek into his thread on the Anaheim board and oh boy, some strange takes. Maybe they should look at this thread instead! :sarcasm:

I also had a feeling that some NHL teams had a lot higher than the lists out there.
In fairness, it is not the player who is in question...he's got a legit shot at an NHL career. The issue is more where he was taken. To your point...almost a 1st rounder. Seems like 15-20 picks too high.

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve
In fairness, it is not the player who is in question...he's got a legit shot at an NHL career. The issue is more where he was taken. To your point...almost a 1st rounder. Seems like 15-20 picks too high.

He's going to be a solid NHL player, just from his defensive prowess alone. His offense may come but this is a guy you want killing penalties and be on the ice in late game, tight situations.

I think that's worth a late 1st any day of the week.

nbducksfan19

Jun 4, 2008

I think the whole sentiment of “if they liked the player, then trade down and take them” is so dumb. It’s not like everyone just drafts off Mckenzie’s list and you know he will be there when you trade back. If the guy is the highest on your list, you take them.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Solid pick by the Ducks.. I kinda assumed he would be a mid/late 2nd or POSSIBLY a 3rd... I feel him being the first choice in the 2nd round was slightly high but I am ok with it.

Well done Ducks

I can't wait to see how he does next season when he is one of the main guys on the team. It will be a good challenge for him to see how he responds... TBirds will be his and a couple others team now

Kalv

Slava Ukraini
Mar 29, 2009
Latvia

Thank you for the updates along the way, looking forward to more in the future :)

Reactions: Bubbles

jfhabs

May 21, 2015
I think the whole sentiment of “if they liked the player, then trade down and take them” is so dumb. It’s not like everyone just drafts off Mckenzie’s list and you know he will be there when you trade back. If the guy is the highest on your list, you take them.
Every year people forget that... casual fans mostly... angry social media mob

EbonyRaptor

Jul 10, 2009
Geezerville
Having Korchinski, Allan and Dach on the T-birds - I watched almost every game after the WJC - maybe missed only about 5 or 6 games.

I really like Myatovic and was hoping the Hawks would draft him. He is solid in every aspect. He was on the ice for important PK's and late in close games - the coach trusted him in those situations - as a young guy on a team of all stars.

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation

I also think they are too invested in the NFL draft where that sort of thing is a lot more common (though the potential draftee lists are so much deeper). It also takes two teams to tango and also that other team being willing to move up. If someone is content where they are at, they are going to sit tight rather than spending another pick.

Most of my experience of Myatovic is from the WHL playoffs and he's a nice player. I can see why the Ducks went with him early in the 2nd, no issue at all.

Reactions: Static

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
Love this player, I guess Verbeek sees this too reaching for him. Shows up even when he wasn't expected to. Cannot wait to see him bust out next year.

Was hoping Canucks draft him somehow with a second, instead they reached for Mynio smh.

Reactions: lwvs84 and Static

Raistlin

Aug 25, 2006
I read its serious enough to be season threatening? This after his dad's passing. Tough tough year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad