F Michael Berchild - Shattuck St. Mary's, 14U AAA (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Assuming Gophers for Berchild once we get to August 1
Update: it is August 13 and no commitment for Mr Berchild. Probably taking his visits, wonder if North Dakota, Michigan, Boston University, Boston College, etc offering him the NIL bag (relatively speaking for hockey), which could entice him away from Minnesota.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
Hope he stays in-state. Mooney is the only other tentpole 07/08 the Gophers have committed up front right now. Michigan’s 08 class is already stupid and I’m getting Boston arms-race fatigue.

Hoping Berchild goes to the Gophers and Beuker to NoDak. Let’s spread the wealth a bit. Lol.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Wieters

Mar 2, 2024
I imagine NIL is now a deciding factor for kids at this level even if it's not information we can easily access. I know it was a factor in Hagens decision to commit to BC last fall. And it would explain how Michigan has been able to hoard so many of these kids recently.

I do wonder how much schools like BU, Denver, and North Dakota will be able to keep up with their peers as far as NIL goes. They're obviously college hockey powerhouses, but they might not have the same NIL infrastructure in place given that they don't play Power Five football/basketball, which is where the real money is.

Minnesota is a Power Five school, so I don't see why they couldn't keep up with BC/Michigan as far as giving a kid like Berchild a sweetheart deal.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
I imagine NIL is now a deciding factor for kids at this level even if it's not information we can easily access. I know it was a factor in Hagens decision to commit to BC last fall. And it would explain how Michigan has been able to hoard so many of these kids recently.

I do wonder how much schools like BU, Denver, and North Dakota will be able to keep up with their peers as far as NIL goes. They're obviously college hockey powerhouses, but they might not have the same NIL infrastructure in place given that they don't play Power Five football/basketball, which is where the real money is.

Minnesota is a Power Five school, so I don't see why they couldn't keep up with BC/Michigan as far as giving a kid like Berchild a sweetheart deal.
Denver, sure. BU and North Dakota, they're hockey schools so boosters tend to want to give more to hockey.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad