F Maddox Dagenais - Quinte Red Devils U16 AAA, OMHA U16 (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

peconcan

Apr 24, 2020
Lalancette reported that he intends to play Ontario Jr. A next year, which could be a smokescreen. However, if we assume that the players selected in the early rounds of the USHL draft are going NCAA (Dagenais, Chartrand, Dube, Rozzi), plus Lawrence who is already USHL tendered, plus O'Donnell who chose the OHL route, plus some of the other Quebec kids rumored to be leaning NCAA (Taillefer, Yared), this might be the least talented draft class (to actually play in the league) I can recall since I've been following the QMJHL.
If that was true and since he played for Quinte odds are he would have been APing for Trenton Golden Hawks or Wellington Dukes throughout the year and then joined them for a playoff run. Both teams are usually powerhouses in the OJHL

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
According to my information, Dagenais put pressure by saying that he wanted to play in the USHL and that it was 80% his choice. The Quebec trade was probably made easier by the fact that the player had to settle on this team.

It is quite possible that he wanted to play in a big city.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
According to my information, Dagenais put pressure by saying that he wanted to play in the USHL and that it was 80% his choice. The Quebec trade was probably made easier by the fact that the player had to settle on this team.

Pretty cool I created a thread for yet another 1st overall pick. I’m the thread creating goat.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007

The family liked the idea of Maddox being the 1st overall 29 years after the father.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Pretty cool I created a thread for yet another 1st overall pick. I’m the thread creating goat.
Congratulations on making your life's dream come true.

The family liked the idea of Maddox being the 1st overall 29 years after the father.
I don't think it had a big impact on the choice. Being No. 1 to play in Val d'Or shouldn't have really excited him.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Cape Breton had #1 and they had talks with Quebec since they won the draft lottery.

I know it was Cape Breton. It was just to mention that apart from Quebec, it is very possible that no other team interested him.

The other places are located in old and very sparsely populated regions. Not exciting for a young man looking for an attractive wife.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
His dad had two things going for him : size and shot.

According to the Remparts head scout, Maddox has the 5 S : size, speed, skills, shot and (hockey) sense.

The question is how elite each of those can be.

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
44197510.jpg

Reactions: David Suzuki

Wintersun

Jan 15, 2013
Montreal
His dad had two things going for him : size and shot.

According to the Remparts head scout, Maddox has the 5 S : size, speed, skills, shot and (hockey) sense.

The question is how elite each of those can be.
I think he is average in one of the 5, maybe even 2.

He'll score a bunch in the Q no doubt though.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad