F Juraj Slafkovsky - TPS, Finland U20 (2022 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/
Status
Not open for further replies.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
3 years older, but there is history there too. Teemu Pulkinnen outscored teravainen in the playoffs when he was 2 years older, Kasperi Kapanen outscored Aho when he was 1 years older and Goldobin outscored Aho when he was 2 years older. There is also the opposite, Puljujarvi the way out produced Hintz in the 2015-16 playoffs but who is the better player now?
It's almost like watching the players matters more than only watching the score board. Crazy concept on Hf boards.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
Montreal is probably going to take him. Then what does NJ do?
Not going to even think about it as the Habs are taking Wright.
PLus I dont understand your post , Habs are taking all 3 players with their one pick?
I said the Devils take Slaf . If they dont , they take one of Jiricek or Nemec. Asking what thye do if the Habs take Slaf? I said already , they take Jiricek.
0.00000000001% Habs do not take Wright. Only way they don't is if he gets a massive injury that could effect his effectiveness long term

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
Not going to even think about it as the Habs are taking Wright.
PLus I dont understand your post , Habs are taking all 3 players with their one pick?
I said the Devils take Slaf . If they dont , they take one of Jiricek or Nemec. Asking what thye do if the Habs take Slaf? I said already , they take Jiricek.
0.00000000001% Habs do not take Wright. Only way they don't is if he gets a massive injury that could effect his effectiveness long term
There is absolutely no guarantee Wright goes first. And no the last sentence is not the only reason it wont happen. It wouldnt shock me to see NJ take a d man with the pick tbh. The top 5 is alot closer than people think this year.

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
There is absolutely no guarantee Wright goes first. And no the last sentence is not the only reason it wont happen. It wouldnt shock me to see NJ take a d man with the pick tbh. The top 5 is alot closer than people think this year.
The Habs taking Wright is as close to a gaurantee as you can get. I have said myself that the Devils could very likely take Jiricek or Nemec instead of Slaf but i would say Slaf is where they are leaning .

Reactions: Babyhockey

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site
The Habs taking Wright is as close to a gaurantee as you can get. I have said myself that the Devils could very likely take Jiricek or Nemec instead of Slaf but i would say Slaf is where they are leaning .
Its really not no matter how many times you repeat it. I know for a fact a team that was in the lottery didnt even have him top 2. And if you had watched him alot this year its no surprise whatsoever.

Reactions: Petes2424

Fistfullofbeer

May 9, 2011
Whidbey Island, WA
THey really, really need a top young franchise D. And Nemec and Jiricek both fit that to a tee. And Beniers looks every bit the stud 1C. So I don't know. I really, really think he'd prioritize D. But I'm not sure it would matter actually, kind of revised that order after I posted. I'm actually thinking Yotes go Cooley though. I forgot that they still have Chychrun, and Soderstrom. Maybe they don't need to trade Chychrun now. So I would kind of edit that anyway, probably Cooley 3rd, then Nemec and Jiricek in some order.
Oh don't get me wrong, I am hoping he picks Nemec if he is available but I see him leaning towards Cooley if both of them are available (somehow). I hope I am wrong in thinking that he would not consider taking Jiricek because of the 'risk' involved with him over Nemec.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Slaf will become a better player.
Another mage who guesses the future.

Either way, a center is more valuable than a winger.

It's true that Slafkovsky would be fine to complement Suzuki and Caufield but a Wright-Suzuki center pair is more interesting.

The teams that work often have 2 very good centers and they are difficult to get because there are only 2-3 per year of birth and it is very complicated to get them by trade or as a free agent.

A powerful and talented winger, Montreal will be able to take one in 2023. Adam Fantilli, shifted to the left wing would do very well. Or a Quentin Musty.

A guy you can easily get by selecting top 10.

bert

Nov 11, 2002
Visit site

It's true that Slafkovsky would be fine to complement Suzuki and Caufield but a Wright-Suzuki center pair is more interesting.

The teams that work often have 2 very good centers and they are difficult to get because there are only 2-3 per year of birth and it is very complicated to get them by trade or as a free agent.

A powerful and talented winger, Montreal will be able to take one in 2023. Adam Fantilli, shifted to the left wing would do very well. Or a Quentin Musty.

He wouldnt be the compliment he hits his ceiling and he is the best player on that team and organization. I think some people are severely underplaying Slafkovskys skill set. His physical attributes along with his motor and puck skills are extremely rare. There is no doubt he has the highest ceiling in the draft. If someone has scouted him alot and is confident in his on going progression I dont see anyone passing on him.

BusQuets

Jul 16, 2010

Obviously no one knows for sure but what if Wright becomes Hischier/Nuge kind of center and Slaf will become next Rantanen?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
He wouldnt be the compliment he hits his ceiling and he is the best player on that team and organization. I think some people are severely underplaying Slafkovskys skill set. His physical attributes along with his motor and puck skills are extremely rare. There is no doubt he has the highest ceiling in the draft. If someone has scouted him alot and is confident in his on going progression I dont see anyone passing on him.
I don't know the future.

His hype is heavily dependent on the Olympic tournament. Except that if he does not repeat the world championship, people will see him less strong.

He has made great progress this year. Usually Nemec was always better than him. At HG, his talent was eclipsed by another player, a year younger.

I have no doubt that Slafkovsky can go 89-90 on the scale of an NHL game.

The level of elite talents is often very close. Who is better between Eichel, Rantanen, Aho, Marner or Kaprizov? It does not matter. The real difference is made on the contract signed after 3 years of experience and on the complementarity compared to the other players.

I have no doubt that Slafkovsky will do just fine for New Jersey. But Montreal is first looking for a top 6 center to support Suzuki. NJ already has those players there.

After if Wright is going to make Hischier's career... I don't know. People say that in relation to the point average. The NHL reality will be something else. Montreal fans are hoping for a complete center.

If it was written that Slafkovsky will be Rantanen and Wright will be Hischier it would be known. Drafting is not an exact science.

There will most likely be a group of players of a very close level.

Projections are bullshit. Each player is cited as an example (Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Bergeron, O'Reilly, Hischier) whereas if the evolution of these players had been determined in the year of their draft, they would have been selected at a different rank.

thomast

Oct 23, 2009
I don't know the future.

His hype is heavily dependent on the Olympic tournament. Except that if he does not repeat the world championship, people will see him less strong.

He has made great progress this year. Usually Nemec was always better than him. At HG, his talent was eclipsed by another player, a year younger.

I have no doubt that Slafkovsky can go 89-90 on the scale of an NHL game.

The level of elite talents is often very close. Who is better between Eichel, Rantanen, Aho, Marner or Kaprizov? It does not matter. The real difference is made on the contract signed after 3 years of experience and on the complementarity compared to the other players.

I have no doubt that Slafkovsky will do just fine for New Jersey. But Montreal is first looking for a top 6 center to support Suzuki. NJ already has those players there.

After if Wright is going to make Hischier's career... I don't know. People say that in relation to the point average. The NHL reality will be something else. Montreal fans are hoping for a complete center.

If it was written that Slafkovsky will be Rantanen and Wright will be Hischier it would be known. Drafting is not an exact science.

There will most likely be a group of players of a very close level.

Projections are bullshit. Each player is cited as an example (Rantanen, Aho, Kaprizov, Bergeron, O'Reilly, Hischier) whereas if the evolution of these players had been determined in the year of their draft, they would have been selected at a different rank.
I would pick Wright over Slafkovsky without any hesitation. His hockey sense is off the chart which is so important in today’s NHL. Slafkovsky is no slouch in that regard, but Wright is on another level. Think Matthew Tkachuk, he isn’t fastest guy or physically most gifted, but his hockey sense is incredible.

If we think about their ceilings i would pick prime Toews or Bergeron over Nash 5/5 times. I’ve been wrong before, but this is my personal opinion.

According to Mckenzies draft poll there is teams that have Slafkovsky #1 on their board, so there is always a small chance.

Last edited:

Eggtimer

Jul 4, 2011
Calgary Alberta
WC will be very very interesting . It “might“ have some influence on who the Devils take if one of Slafkovsky Jiricek Nemec have a crazy good or crazy bad showing. It’s not a huge sample size and I’m not sure how much emphasis the Devils would put into their final decision if someone has a great or crappy WC.

Hisch13r

May 16, 2012
NJ
WC will be very very interesting . It “might“ have some influence on who the Devils take if one of Slafkovsky Jiricek Nemec have a crazy good or crazy bad showing. It’s not a huge sample size and I’m not sure how much emphasis the Devils would put into their final decision if someone has a great or crappy WC.

Considering how much emphasis was put on Slaf's Olympics I don't see why the WC wouldn't be influential. Outside of no Russia the level of competition won't be drastically different

Reactions: JabbaJabba

Brooklyndevil

Jun 24, 2005
Freehold, NJ USA
Wright to Montreal and Slafkovsky to Jersey are locks at this point
If Montreal takes Slafkovsky, I see the Devils definitely picking Wright and just run with three very good centers. It frees up Mercer to play wing and if thing’s don’t work out they can always make a move. Lots of teams need centers.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
If Montreal takes Slafkovsky, I see the Devils definitely picking Wright and just run with three very good centers. It frees up Mercer to play wing and if thing’s don’t work out they can always make a move. Lots of teams need centers.
Montreal is not taking Slaf. lol

Wright is a Hab.

Faterson

Delayed Live forever
Sponsor
Sep 18, 2012
Bratislava
Yes, it's just a technicality. But I guess if they were so separated that they just were a country by a technicality then it makes sense to consider [Hamrlík] Czechia's pick, then.

Definitely. Not a single Slovak hockey fan would lay claim on him (or Jágr, for that matter). Just as we would object if Czechs laid any claim on Peter Šťastný, Peter Bondra, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad