F Juraj Pekarcik - Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL (2023, 76th, STL)

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
He's already in Moncton in a Wildcats jersey haha.

LGB

Feb 4, 2019
Awesome. Don’t think a jump to the AHL would have been ideal for his development.

wein

Jul 2, 2013
Pekarcik's rights in the QMJHL have been traded from Acadie-Bathurst to Moncton. Moncton are contenders this season and they just signed Swedish defenseman Loke Johansson.

2024-08-01Acadie-BathurstJuraj Pekarcik
(2005-09-12)
MonctonRD_3,2026 Bat

Apparently the trade was agreed to at the draft. I wonder if they wanted to get Pekarcik’s commitment before going through with it.

I think Moncton likely has the best forward group in the Q with the Pekarcik addition. It will be interesting to see how the lines work out.

It will be a fun year in Moncton.

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Yeah it’s obviously not a comparison but it is very true that the QMJHL is a step back from the USHL. Why not just stay in the USHL than, a better league? Last good euro who spent their DY+2 in the QMJHL ???

The Q is absolutely not a step back from the USHL and I very much doubt you even watch it :laugh:

SergeConstantin74

Always right.
Jul 7, 2007
Yeah it’s obviously not a comparison but it is very true that the QMJHL is a step back from the USHL. Why not just stay in the USHL than, a better league? Last good euro who spent their DY+2 in the QMJHL ???

That scrub named Nikita Kucherov played his DY+2 season in the Q.

Apparently the trade was agreed to at the draft. I wonder if they wanted to get Pekarcik’s commitment before going through with it.

I think Moncton likely has the best forward group in the Q with the Pekarcik addition. It will be interesting to see how the lines work out.

It will be a fun year in Moncton.

Long overdue for their fans after missing out on 2020 due to COVID.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

Long overdue for their fans after missing out on 2020 due to COVID.
So 1 example in the last 11 years. I raise you Maxim Cajkovic.

The Q is absolutely not a step back from the USHL and I very much doubt you even watch it :laugh:
Name 1 Slovak player who benefited from playing in the QMJHL, not named Ladislav Nagy

Reactions: Hockeyville USA

David Suzuki

Aug 25, 2010
New Brunswick
Name 1 Slovak player who benefited from playing in the QMJHL, not named Ladislav Nagy

What does where the player is from have any relevance :laugh:

But if you insist (and I'm just going with the same organization), marek hrivik got drafted and has had a nice career in Europe and he was pretty well unknown before he came over.

Palat too tho he was technically undrafted I guess.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia

But if you insist (and I'm just going with the same organization), marek hrivik got drafted and has had a nice career in Europe and he was pretty well unknown before he came over.

Sure it does, it is a massive deal. Historical examples are very important. Ushl has produced Martin Pospisil into an NHLer just recently. We shall see how pekarcik’s development turns out. St Louis for some recent is insistent on leaving their players in junior for as long as possible. Shame Pekarcik didn’t get the Sykora route.

wein

Jul 2, 2013

Apparently that guy had a problem with just listing the top scorer in the NHL…

Timo Meier played 3 years in the Q and so did Barbashev. I’m sure that you could find a bunch more if you went through the rosters on NHL teams.

Funny how he moved the goalposts from Euros to players from Slovakia as soon as he was proven wrong.

There were like 11 players from Slovakia that played in the NHL last year. 7 played more than 10 games. There seems to be a bigger issues than them not developing in the Q

Apparently it’s a news flash that most players don’t ever make the NHL. A lot of first round NHL draft picks don’t become regular NHLers.

Last edited:

Pazucha

Apr 3, 2023
He was one of the youngest players in his draft year so maybe another year in a junior league is not a bad decision.

I don't know how big of a difference is between ushl and qmjhl.

Its definitely miles ahead of slovak U20 :D lets be honest.

Reactions: Martinez89

Martinez89

May 20, 2019
He was one of the youngest players in his draft year so maybe another year in a junior league is not a bad decision.

I don't know how big of a difference is between ushl and qmjhl.

Its definitely miles ahead of slovak U20 :D lets be honest.
To this day he's still an 18 y.o. hockey player and playing for the best team in QMJHL shouldn't be a big mistake. This could be a good development year ahead of him - 1st line minutes in the league, possible long run in the playoffs, Memorial Cup(?), WJC-20...

I see a lot of room to work on his offensive skills and shot especially, hopefully we'll see some good numbers from him again. I think it's still better for him to play big minutes in juniors than 4th line minutes in the AHL. So yes I'm also OK with this decision.

stl76

No. 5 in your programs, No. 1 in your hearts
Jul 2, 2015
Getting traded from Acadie Bathurst to Muncton might be the best case scenario for Pekarcik’s development. No offense to titan fans, but Muncton seems like a much better environment for development this coming season.

The idea that Pekarcik should have stayed playing pro in Slovakia or Czechia until he was ready for the AHL/NHL and playing juniors in North America is a mistake or step back is odd IMO. I’m not an expert, but it seems like those leagues are not good developmental leagues and are very hard on younger players. Just look at how it went for A. Jiricek…cheap shotted and concussed as a 17 year old by some 30 year old in the Czech pro league just last season.

Plus I believe it’s been reported that Pekarcik himself wanted to make the move to NA early to acclimate to the culture/language. And personally, I think his game is better suited to the smaller ice and it would be better for him to develop on NA sized rinks.

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Getting traded from Acadie Bathurst to Muncton might be the best case scenario for Pekarcik’s development. No offense to titan fans, but Muncton seems like a much better environment for development this coming season.

The idea that Pekarcik should have stayed playing pro in Slovakia or Czechia until he was ready for the AHL/NHL and playing juniors in North America is a mistake or step back is odd IMO. I’m not an expert, but it seems like those leagues are not good developmental leagues and are very hard on younger players. Just look at how it went for A. Jiricek…cheap shotted and concussed as a 17 year old by some 30 year old in the Czech pro league just last season.

Plus I believe it’s been reported that Pekarcik himself wanted to make the move to NA early to acclimate to the culture/language. And personally, I think his game is better suited to the smaller ice and it would be better for him to develop on NA sized rinks.
Moncton. Pekarcik has already done well in junior in the USHL, he should do well in the Q as well.

Reactions: hellwar9

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $729.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 1