F Juraj Pekarcik - Dubuque Fighting Saints, USHL (2023, 76th, STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

SantosHalper

Get off my lawn
Mar 21, 2012
somewhere around nothing
Potentional steal in late rounds,Tampa gonna draft him with 6th round pick(highest they have left lol)
With the 6th round pick Tampa is going to pick a player who is eventually buying tickets to see Pekarcik play in the NHL for some other team. :laugh:

Slovakia is making a serious comeback to the top, Pekarcik is another great young talent on his way up.

Rolo Tomassi

May 6, 2010
With his late birthday and thus, late rise up the draft boards, I’d have no problem with Deteoit taking a swing on him with one of the three consecutive 2nd rounders they have.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Pekarcik report to Bathurst QMJHL ?
Depends on a number of factors. What Blues management/development coaches think, what kind of team is in Bathurst both in terms of coaching and skaters, what role Nitra is offering him.

If Nitra is offering a top 9 role with PP time, I’d guess he would stay in Nitra over what seems like a rather weak team in Bathurst.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Depends on a number of factors. What Blues management/development coaches think, what kind of team is in Bathurst both in terms of coaching and skaters, what role Nitra is offering him.

If Nitra is offering a top 9 role with PP time, I’d guess he would stay in Nitra over what seems like a rather weak team in Bathurst.
The thing is that Pekarcik, his agents and the Blues agreed he should go to the CHL. The problem is that Bathurst didn’t give a f*** about where they wanted him to go and just picked him. His agency has strong connections in the WHL, the Blues would’ve preferred the OHL but would’ve been fine with the dub too.

So the real question is: Is everyone fine with him playing in Bathurst or does his agency want to send a message and show everyone their players will only report to the teams they like?

Reactions: Antiillafire

hellwar9

Jul 17, 2017
Slovakia
I'm happy for this kid. Nitra did a great job. He was a no name in 2020/2021 season. He wasn't even one of the Slovak national team's shortlist. And within 2 seasons he became a 3rd round pick with the possibility that he will be a steal eventually. He looked like a 1st round player at a development camp recently according to the feedback. In the future in Slovakia there may be more risers like Pekarcik or Sykora.

majormajor

Jun 23, 2018
I'm happy for this kid. Nitra did a great job. He was a no name in 2020/2021 season. He wasn't even one of the Slovak national team's shortlist. And within 2 seasons he became a 3rd round pick with the possibility that he will be a steal eventually. He looked like a 1st round player at a development camp recently according to the feedback. In the future in Slovakia there may be more risers like Pekarcik or Sykora.

I'd say he also looked like a 1st rounder at the U18s. A very unique underdeveloped 1st rounder, but nonetheless.

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
Luv it, hope he goes NCAA instead of Q afterwards too.

Needs to learn how not to expose the puck at unnecessary times and improve his ability on the walls especially in the D-zone.

This seems like the perfect route, not trying to slight the CHL, just think pekarciks physical advantages and the immaturity’s in his game will be exposed then ironed out at the collegiate level more effectively than continuing junior hockey.

His size, speed and skill combo is tantalizing, especially for a 3rd rounder

Edit: can he even play NCAA since he played pro? Is my dream dead?

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

McDNicks17

Jul 1, 2010
Ontario
Luv it, hope he goes NCAA instead of Q afterwards too.

Needs to learn how not to expose the puck at unnecessary times and improve his ability on the walls especially in the D-zone.

This seems like the perfect route, not trying to slight the CHL, just think pekarciks physical advantages and the immaturity’s in his game will be exposed then ironed out at the collegiate level more effectively than continuing junior hockey.

His size, speed and skill combo is tantalizing, especially for a 3rd rounder

I could be wrong, but doesn't playing in the Slovakian league make him ineligible for the NCAA?

Reactions: Sticktape

DatDude44

Hmmmm?
Feb 23, 2012
I could be wrong, but doesn't playing in the Slovakian league make him ineligible for the NCAA?
Yeah, I’m not sure, in mobile in a flight, so won’t be able to look up until later with this wifi situation lol. I added the edit after I posted prob while u were responding asking the same question lol

Sticktape

Jan 25, 2017
My understanding is that if, at one time, he was under contract to play in the Slovakian pro league he would be ineligible to play in the NCAA. He would no longer hold amateurism eligibility.

Reactions: pgfan66

2014nyr

Jun 14, 2014
With the 6th round pick Tampa is going to pick a player who is eventually buying tickets to see Pekarcik play in the NHL for some other team. :laugh:

Slovakia is making a serious comeback to the top, Pekarcik is another great young talent on his way up.

idno about the top, they're a long ways from the depth and consistency there. that said, they're definitely making huge strides in development and putting out quality players. they definitely could have years they win wjc medals if they continue to progress. love the way a lot of the slovak greats play so it's awesome to see them on the upswing. would also say i'm a big fan of the way many of their players play now...last couple years i've been impressed/enjoyed watching them play at wjc. even when overmatched you can see there's a high fundamental skill level with most of their roster and that they clearly focus on skating, specifically keeping their feet moving. even their less impressive skaters always have their feet moving.

this kid specifically caught my eye in how people described him predraft, though i admittedly have never seen him play that i was aware of. raw with dynamic speed and offensive instincts is enough to sell me every time. was hoping the rangers might wind up with him but he didn't fall far enough. curious if they would have taken him if they had a pick between 23 and 90, especially because they would have had a pretty good book on him since he played on the same team as sykora.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
27 points in 18 games in the USHL. Trevor Connelly projected top 15 pick in upcoming draft has 26 pts in 20 games. Would be interesting to see how Pekarcik would be ranked if he was a few days younger or even just a few months.

Does he go to the AHL next year? Or is he being recruited to college? I believe his junior contract with Nitra technically makes him eligible. Would be a guy massively sought after

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad