F James Hagens - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
1+1 again today against Finland and player of the game.

Can anyone translate this interview he did with Finnish media for any important things he said?

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
1+1 again today against Finland and player of the game.

Can anyone translate this interview he did with Finnish media for any important things he said?

You need to get google chrome...

In the under-18 national team tournament played in Hämeenlinna and Tampere, numerous top promises are on display for the summer 2024 booking event. In addition to this, the rink will also feature individual top names of the summer of 2025, the toughest of which is considered to be James Hagens, who plays on the US team .

Senteri celebrated his 17th birthday at the beginning of November, which is why he is not eligible for booking until the summer of 2024. A year later, he may even be booked as the first in the entire booking event. Istkoaika interviewed the youngster after the match against Sweden on Thursday. Sweden rose to victory in the match from five goals behind. However, Hagens, who talked like a mature professional, did not explain, but his eyes were already on Friday's Finland game.

- A really stinking result, but we will get through this as a team. We will return to the rink harder, and against Finland we will each give everything.

Football trips 2023-24: FC BARCELONA from €658, incl. flights, tickets, accommodation - Top 10 Travel Offers

The team arrived in Finland on Monday, so he did not acknowledge the loss due to the time difference.

- You don't get used to it right away, but you can't let it affect your playing too much, and it didn't bother me anymore, assured the youngster that he could cope.

At the moment, the 178-centimeter player is a modern "speedy" playmaker, whose shot is already in very good shape. The ability to pick up the pace quickly and seek solutions for both yourself and your teammates is particularly convincing.

After the current national team program, Hagens will transfer to Boston College. There are reasons: my older brother Michael is also transferring, and the school is also close to the rest of his family. The duo announced their choice with an Instagram photo in September.

- It was my first choice. I actually knew it from the beginning.

In the United States, however, everything is bigger - so are the distances to "close" matches.

- It's only about a three-hour drive, so my family also gets to see a lot of games, says Hagens.

Records and growth as a person​

The 17-year-old knows that he is still far from a finished player. This despite the fact that the all-time point record was broken in the under-17 World Hockey Challenge junior tournament. The result was 21 points in seven games. Cole Eiserman , who is now a teammate in Finland , and one of the favorite goalscorers for the summer of 2024, scored 12 goals, equaling Aleksandr Ovechkin's goal record.

- Everything needs to be improved. I practice my shot every day, I also shoot a lot during training, I try to improve it when shooting from different positions and places. My starts are already going well, I'm defending at an OK level, but all the small details need to be practiced, Hagens lists.

There has also been spiritual growth on that side. The reporter tries to ask about the pace of the young person's height growth, but gets an answer that describes more mental growth. In 2020−22, Hagens attended a high school called Mount Saint Charles Academy, which is a Roman Catholic school in Rhode Island. Former NHL greats such as Mathieu Schneider , Keith Carney , Bryan Berard and Jeff Jillson , also known from Luko, are graduates of the same school .

- I am grateful that I was able to be surrounded by people, teachers and coaches who helped me in a direction where I can be a little better as a person as well, on and off the rink.

He also says that he learned about nutrition every year.

- Each of my coaches in recent years has always brought some new information to the whole.

Back to Finland​

Hagens represented the United States in international tournaments for the first time in the 2022–23 season. There was gold as a result of the under-18 World Championships. In the spring of 2024, he wants to be involved again, and this time the games will be played in Vantaa and Espoo. Perhaps in April, even the now gray weather in Finland has become sunnier.

- Yes, that is my next biggest goal. We all want to represent our team next spring, and we're going to give it our all to win gold again. It has been nice to join the team, because most of them were already familiar from different schools.

Rumors from North America have already said that the youngster might be seen before then also at the World Youth Championships, in the company of one to three years older than him.

The serious expression after the losing game turns into a big smile when the topic of the interview changes to Hagens' favorite team in the NHL.

- My whole family and I are die-hard New York Islanders fans. We watch games together whenever possible. I really love that team, Hagens enthuses.

Islanders fans are still a little divided on whether or not firing Barry Trotz in 2022 was the right decision.

- I miss him a bit, he was a very liked coach. But it was preceded by a difficult season, recalls the time leading up to the end of Trotz's contract.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
haha ya, no worries. Thought it was a good interview though. Was good to hear the level of disgust Hagens and the team had on the 5 goal come back loss
Yeah, losing a lead like that is pretty terrible, but after I saw it I looked into the stats and saw we got outshot like 2-1. The dam obviously broke at some point. I was alarmed at how many shots we gave up. Over 50. I really hope it was just a bad game because if Sweden is that much better than us we probably don't have the greatest chances at U18 Gold in April.

William H Bonney

Feb 27, 2002
Colorado
Yeah, losing a lead like that is pretty terrible, but after I saw it I looked into the stats and saw we got outshot like 2-1. The dam obviously broke at some point. I was alarmed at how many shots we gave up. Over 50. I really hope it was just a bad game because if Sweden is that much better than us we probably don't have the greatest chances at U18 Gold in April.

Other way around. US had 59 shots, Sweden 31. Parsons hasn't been making any saves all season.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Cut by the US world junior coach. Absolutely sickening.

f*** these college coaches. Always need to be controversial for the sake of it.

USA is already paying a heavy price. I have a bad feeling about this team.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
Cut by the US world junior coach. Absolutely sickening.

f*** these college coaches. Always need to be controversial for the sake of it.

USA is already paying a heavy price. I have a bad feeling about this team.
it ALWAYS seems like there is some sort of controversial situation with USA hockey and a top young player

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
Don't see what the big deal is. This is possibly the strongest forward group the USA has ever assembled. Cracking it a year and a half before his draft was going to be a long shot at best.
It’s not that strong. He’s better than half the players that made the team and half of them are not projected NHL’ers or projected bottom half of the lineup NHL’ers.

Everyone talks about how good the USA forwards are, but Canada’s forwards are likely better. It was good for a USA forward core, but they’ve disintegrated the strength of the forward core with stupid selections.

Canada wouldn’t leave out their best players for the future. USA does. Canada fans also get furious when bad decisions are made. USA fans shill for USA Hockey, and refuse to question it.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad