F James Hagens - USNTDP Juniors, USHL (2025 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010
Not quite top 3 but Tyler Boucher comes to mind
Would be a pretty different situation. First Hagens is going to BC next year, before his draft year and Boucher was still at the NTDP. Second, Boucher was a big reach at #10 and everyone knew it, then stuggled mightily at BU before leaving for the OHL after a year at BU. I'm talking about a kid who's played NCAA hockey for a year before he's drafted high and then leaves for the CHL. I don't know of a single player who's done it

Everyone here knows Hagens is accelerating and playing at BC next year, right?

Reactions: BKarchitect

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
Would be a pretty different situation. First Hagens is going to BC next year, before his draft year and Boucher was still at the NTDP. Second, Boucher was a big reach at #10 and everyone knew it, then stuggled mightily at BU before leaving for the OHL after a year at BU. I'm talking about a kid who's played NCAA hockey for a year before he's drafted high and then leaves for the CHL. I don't know of a single player who's done it

Everyone here knows Hagens is accelerating and playing at BC next year, right?
everybodys heard about hagens

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
everybodys heard about hagens
He’s not making some stupid statement that people should know about Hagens which of course you are right they do.

He’s making sure people are aware he is accelerating his schooling to enter BC as a freshman in the Fall of 2024 even though he’s a late birthday and a 2025 high school class.

One of the reasons some still seem to think the OHL is a possibility is because of going by typical schooling standards, he wouldn’t be entering college until 2025 which would give him a “gap year” in his hockey education after two years in the USNTDP - this tends to prompt CHL rumors when it happens to high end guys.

But Hagens will not have such a gap year. I absolutely think one of the main reasons Michael “decomitted” from Harvard was so that he and his brother could be entering college together at the same school in the fall of ‘24 - which would have been extremely difficult for a 17 year old to do given Harvard’s Ivy League academic standards.

tnfrs

Jul 19, 2023
He’s not making some stupid statement that people should know about Hagens which of course you are right they do.

He’s making sure people are aware he is accelerating his schooling to enter BC as a freshman in the Fall of 2024 even though he’s a late birthday and a 2025 high school class.

One of the reasons some still seem to think the OHL is a possibility is because of going by typical schooling standards, he wouldn’t be entering college until 2025 which would give him a “gap year” in his hockey education after two years in the USNTDP - this tends to prompt CHL rumors when it happens to high end guys.

But Hagens will not have such a gap year. I absolutely think one of the main reasons Michael “decomitted” from Harvard was so that he and his brother could be entering college together at the same school in the fall of ‘24 - which would have been extremely difficult for a 17 year old to do given Harvard’s Ivy League academic standards.
thats what i mean. everybodys heard this already, its not new information. people have been talking about for a few days now, even in this thread.

sigx15

Jan 31, 2010

Thanks, it felt like some people didn't understand he was accelerating. Some wild ideas are being thrown about so I wasn't sure if everyone grasped he was accelerating because it hasn't been implicitly reported that Ive seen

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Eiserman now at BU after decommitting from Minnesota.

Why didn’t Hagens pick BU? BU is getting the best recruits recently.

Is it because he doesn’t want to potentially compete with Celebrini for ice time or BU’s defense is so stacked that his brother wouldn’t play or possibly wasn’t offered a spot?

I’m pretty sure I read BU wasn’t one of the finalists for Hagens.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Eiserman now at BU after decommitting from Minnesota.

Why didn’t Hagens pick BU? BU is getting the best recruits recently.

Is it because he doesn’t want to potentially compete with Celebrini for ice time or BU’s defense is so stacked that his brother wouldn’t play or possibly wasn’t offered a spot?

I’m pretty sure I read BU wasn’t one of the finalists for Hagens.

I'm ecstatic of Eiserman's switch from the U(Minny) to B.U. but I'm also happy with Hagens picking B.C. as well. Those two schools have an insane rivalry and as a fan it is much more entertaining when both programs are strong and loaded with high end players.

Celebrini will most likely be a one and done so I don't think a competition between the two for ice time had any factor in Hagens picking B.C. over B.U.

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Funny thing (or at least interesting...), is the BC & BU are getting these great recruiting classes - without their respective coaches proving that they can actually coach (and win) at the NCAA level. Both now only going into their second year at their schools - being the head guy. Lots of good recruiters, never end up winning at the highest level (see Harvard....). BC & BU will always get great players because of location, tradition, etc. But if current staffs don't win national titles or go consistently to Frozen Fours - those recruiting classes may level off

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Funny thing (or at least interesting...), is the BC & BU are getting these great recruiting classes - without their respective coaches proving that they can actually coach (and win) at the NCAA level. Both now only going into their second year at their schools - being the head guy. Lots of good recruiters, never end up winning at the highest level (see Harvard....). BC & BU will always get great players because of location, tradition, etc. But if current staffs don't win national titles or go consistently to Frozen Fours - those recruiting classes may level off
David Quinn was a great recruiter at BU. You’d run through a wall for that guy listening to him talk. Very articulate and motivational. His actual tactical coaching is mediocre. He keeps getting good jobs because he’s a good salesman.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
gotta give myself pat on the back for creating this thread hagens already has 400 posts. 2 years out from draft.
A lot of people who follow midgets in the north east already knew about him, but at least you waited for Hagens u16 year before posting about him. Posting 14 year olds or younger on here is ridiculous and I wish you would stop.

MTU34

Oct 6, 2020
Jay Pandolfo just won hockey East and made the frozen four last year at BU

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
yeah what are you talking about, BU is one of the best programs in the country. BC has been a bit more of a lull but can certainly get back without issue

Dux917

Feb 22, 2018
Jay Pandolfo just won hockey East and made the frozen four last year at BU
Honestly - total brain fart. Thinking of BC, and tried to (wrongly) squeeze BU into my take. Jay went to the Frozen Four in his first year, whereas it took Quinn, his second year to make it. With this recruiting class, will be the odds on favorite to win a National Championship when they all are on campus.

WarriorofTime

Jul 3, 2010
Have there been any top 3 NHL draft picks who've left college hockey after a year to go play in the CHL rather than return to school or play in the NHL/AHL?
No, if Hagens enters college hockey next year, then following year will be either more college hockey or NHL, he won't go college hockey then OHL unless something seriously went wrong and he has a bad year in 2024-25 and is unhappy with his college team.

LDN

Sep 29, 2017
So there’s still a chance he ends up where he belongs in London?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad