F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
I'm a Habs fan, very biased.

BUT, wow! This guy put 8 pts in 10 games AND very very good highlights with low time ice like that.

That's a superstar talent for sure.

He looks like a bulldog type of player with ELITE offensive ability.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
8 points in 10 games is a good start to the season. His ice time is low, so it could still be higher, but I guess with SKA he could be playing like 3 minutes a game, so maybe you take what you can get.

Anaheim and Columbus two years in a row passing on uber-talented Russian wingers might be the point where we look back on their rebuilds and say they weren’t willing to take the risk to acquire the superstar that you generally need to become a Cup contender.
Michkov and Demidov are both great talents, but let's not pretend that Carlsson isn't going to be a superstar two way center.

I do suspect they'll regret Senecke over Demidov but I doubt they'll ever regret that Carlsson choice, even if Michkov becomes the more prolific scorer.

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
Michkov and Demidov are both great talents, but let's not pretend that Carlsson isn't going to be a superstar two way center.

I do suspect they'll regret Senecke over Demidov but I doubt they'll ever regret that Carlsson choice, even if Michkov becomes the more prolific scorer.
Idk if regret is the right word…. We just don’t take Russians in Russia high in the draft they were prob not even realistically options. I doubt we’ll even care/look at that missed opportunity (assuming Demidov is better than sennecke, but there’s still a lot of development time on both players to change that)

We shall see with sennecke…. He’s def more of a project that Demidov…. But if sennecke becomes a right handed shot top line forward that has power/skill…. It’s almost a perfect fit for our top 6.

Montreal will regret passing on michkov more than Anaheim will regret passing on Demidov.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Idk if regret is the right word…. We just don’t take Russians in Russia high in the draft they were prob not even realistically options. I doubt we’ll even care/look at that missed opportunity (assuming Demidov is better than sennecke, but there’s still a lot of development time on both players to change that)

We shall see with sennecke…. He’s def more of a project that Demidov…. But if sennecke becomes a right handed shot top line forward that has power/skill…. It’s almost a perfect fit for our top 6.

Montreal will regret passing on michkov more than Anaheim will regret passing on Demidov.
I genuinely doubt that. If anything, Leonard would fit Montreal way of playing way more than Michkov. With a do-over, I still think Montreal takes the gamble on the 6’4 RHD

SaSaShi

Apr 16, 2015
Speaking of Demidov, I wish the flyers got him with the 4th pick they were trying to trade up to. Briere wanted him BADLY, and rightly so. Fantastic young talent.

The forward rebuild would have been complete.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
I genuinely doubt that. If anything, Leonard would fit Montreal way of playing way more than Michkov. With a do-over, I still think Montreal takes the gamble on the 6’4 RHD
If Montreal knew Michkov would come over in his D+2 season I think they would have taken him. And after seeing him torch the league in preseason, they definitely take him.

Reactions: Zegs2sendhelp

Zegs2sendhelp

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2012
If Montreal knew Michkov would come over in his D+2 season I think they would have taken him. And after seeing him torch the league in preseason, they definitely take him.

Ya if the my got michkov last year then you prob take their choice of yakemchuk, silayev, buium or Dickinson this year.

Still kinda miss out on center tho, which is prob something they wish worked out more in their favor last couple drafts.

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
I don't think it was happening regardless. Michkov picked his spot and some technically not legal within the cba stuff went down to get him over early.

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Ya if the my got michkov last year then you prob take their choice of yakemchuk, silayev, buium or Dickinson this year.

Still kinda miss out on center tho, which is prob something they wish worked out more in their favor last couple drafts.
I see no reason why they couldn't take both Michkov and Demidov. That high in the draft, I think you have to take best player available.

Michkov
Slafkovsky
Demidov
Caufield

That's a pretty strong group of wingers to surround a potentially weaker center core with. Suzuki and Dach would probably be enough down the middle with that sort of star power on the wings.

Reactions: jj cale and cg98

Guadana

Mar 7, 2012
St Petersburg

Looks identical. Identically very very bad.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Totally agree . Carlsson is going to be amazing as a finished product .

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

FliegerKorps

May 10, 2018
I see no reason why they couldn't take both Michkov and Demidov. That high in the draft, I think you have to take best player available.

Michkov
Slafkovsky
Demidov
Caufield

That's a pretty strong group of wingers to surround a potentially weaker center core with. Suzuki and Dach would probably be enough down the middle with that sort of star power on the wings.
Stop we're already dead.

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

Michkov
Slafkovsky
Demidov
Caufield

Probably?

Michkov-Dach-Demidov
Slafkovsky-Suzuki-Caufield

That top 6 would be ridiculous. And either Michkov/Demidov can also realistically play C. That would move Dach to the 3rd line which could create a whole host of mismatches.

Reactions: WhiskeyYerTheDevils

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
But I thought that the contract had nothing to do with their decision . That was the narrative being pushed by Hab apologists . Which I have vehemently disagreed w from the jump . Strong start by Demi but I still scratch my head over the prior pic /decision .

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
But I thought that the contract had nothing to do with their decision . That was the narrative being pushed by Hab apologists . Which I have vehemently disagreed w from the jump . Strong start by Demi but I still scratch my head over the prior pic /decision .
I mean that was a part of the reasoning made public by someone from the Habs organization, if I recall.

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

I think superstar will be a stretch for Carlsson's potential but I agree with the sentiment.

Michkov and Demidov have the potential to be better than guys like Fantilli, Carlsson, and Lindstrom but you need a dominant man down the middle a lot more than you need a superstar on the wings.

Columbus and Anaheim both, they went for players they can win with rather than trying to build the most skilled teams. I'm a huge fan of what they did in 2023, not as much 2024, but I feel both saw it as home run swings they had to try to take.

Baksfamous112

Jul 21, 2016
Yeah I mean if you look back 2-3 years after a draft you can definitely find players that were picked later that you would have preferred instead of your pick but looking back two years ago, I still think Reinbacher was the right choice. Even now, he looked pretty decent against NHLer at 19 years old. It’s unfortunate he got injured but Montreal needed (and still need) to hit on a high-end RHD and Reinbacher is the only one in the pool that has the ability to fill that need.

You could argue that Montreal could have taken Michkov and then a D but again, Silayev, Dickinson and Buium are all LHD (we have no need for one) and Yakemchuk is redundant. We don’t necessarily have a need for a pure offensive minded D and to be honest, I prefer Demidov over Michkov

Stop it. Lots of us regret not drafting Michkov including me. Kid looks like a superstar out there your post is obvious cope.
I’m sorry you regret not drafting Michkov but I personally don’t and it has nothing to do with cope. I’m not talking for all habs fan and perhaps you should do the same

WhiskeyYerTheDevils

yer leadin me astray
Sponsor
Apr 27, 2005
Yeah I mean if you look back 2-3 years after a draft you can definitely find players that were picked later that you would have preferred instead of your pick but looking back two years ago, I still think Reinbacher was the right choice. Even now, he looked pretty decent against NHLer at 19 years old. It’s unfortunate he got injured but Montreal needed (and still need) to hit on a high-end RHD and Reinbacher is the only one in the pool that has the ability to fill that need.

You could argue that Montreal could have taken Michkov and then a D but again, Silayev, Dickinson and Buium are all LHD (we have no need for one) and Yakemchuk is redundant. We don’t necessarily have a need for a pure offensive minded D and to be honest, I prefer Demidov over Michkov
There's no need for retrospection. Everyone knew Michkov was a better prospect than Reinbacher at the time.

They should have taken Michkov and Demidov. Draft BPA that high in the draft.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad