F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
I've watched Michkov since he was 15 because he was teammates with Hab prospect Alexander Gordin. I have said Michkov reminds me a bit of a better Caufield and that's where I think his game is. I did not get to see him much this year, just once or twice vs Bogdan Konyushkov. I did watch some of his VHL games.

I think Demidov is the better NHL prospect because I like the way he plays the game vs Michkov. But Demidov is lacking in physical tools of strength, 1st step quickness, so for now there has to be more projection about his upside.

Here's all my vids of him,

here's some more but since these vids were made for Hab fans, I don't know which vids he appears in only that I know he's in some of them,

If you honestly, seriously believe that Michkov is a slightly better Caufield, your credibility is definitely questionable. I didn't watch him when he was 15, more so from 17-19, and I watched a ton, this guy trends absolutely NOTHING like Caufield, lol. If Michkov ends up a slightly better Caufield it's a complete disaster based off his trajectory. I mean that in the most polite way possible. Either way I'm rooting for Demidov and he is an elite prospect, but he's not in that 1OA upper echelon can't miss prospect tier as you hold him for me, hope he continues to progress.

Last edited:
Reactions: Flynn84

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
If you honestly, seriously believe that Michkov is a slightly better Caufield, your credibility is definitely questionable. I didn't watch him when he was 15, more so from 17-19, and I watched a ton, this guy trends absolutely NOTHING like Caufield, lol. If Michkov ends up a slightly better Caufield it's a complete disaster based off his trajectory. I mean that in the most polite way possible. Either way I'm rooting for Demidov and he is an elite prospect, but he's not in that 1OA upper echelon prospect tier as you hold him for me, hope he continues to progress.
Black book also compared him to Caufield...(I went back to see the actual quote and it was from an NHL Scout. Allen says he's closer to Caufield than a guy like Kaprizov and Edwards says he doesn't see a team with small players(like MTL with Caufield) taking him high, which I do think is what happened despite what the conspirations are saying )

Last edited:

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Black book also compared him to Caufield...

What about their game other then their shot is similar? Caufield has a great shot, but Michkov thinks the game on a whole other level and has elite, elite IQ, Caufield has none of this in his game on the level in referring to of course he is a great NHL player as it stands but it's a really weird comparison imo.

thebestnic

Jun 29, 2022
What about their game other then their shot is similar? Caufield has a great shot, but Michkov thinks the game on a whole other level and has elite, elite IQ, Caufield has none of this in his game on the level in referring to of course he is a great NHL player as it stands but it's a really weird comparison imo.
You make Caufield sound like Michael Ryder... A slightly better Caufield like Montreal described would hit 50 goals in the NHL...

• Haha
Reactions: akz

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
You make Caufield sound like Michael Ryder... A slightly better Caufield like Montreal described would hit 50 goals in the NHL...

He's not a franchise changing player imo. Michkov is on an entire other level as a prospect if you can't see that, man Idk we have nothing to talk about. Caufield in my eyes can be a core / key piece, but you need the big boys in place so he can supplement them in order to be a cup contender.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
If you honestly, seriously believe that Michkov is a slightly better Caufield, your credibility is definitely questionable. I didn't watch him when he was 15, more so from 17-19, and I watched a ton, this guy trends absolutely NOTHING like Caufield, lol. If Michkov ends up a slightly better Caufield it's a complete disaster based off his trajectory. I mean that in the most polite way possible. Either way I'm rooting for Demidov and he is an elite prospect, but he's not in that 1OA upper echelon can't miss prospect tier as you hold him for me, hope he continues to progress.

Well I don't care since my focus for over 20 years has just been on Hab prospects, so I don't pay that much attention to others but since I watch likely over 200 games a year from AHL, NCAA, OHL, SHL, USHL, MHL, VHL, KHL, Liiga, NL. I see lots of hockey but I only focus on the Habs, but there's no harm in offering up opinions on the guys I do see. I could care less if I end up being right or wrong as I have been doing this a long time and everyone will get things wrong and even a broken clock is right twice a day so who cares in the end it's just hockey.

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
Well I don't care since my focus for over 20 years has just been on Hab prospects, so I don't pay that much attention to others but since I watch likely over 200 games a year from AHL, NCAA, OHL, SHL, USHL, MHL, VHL, KHL, Liiga, NL. I see lots of hockey but I only focus on the Habs, but there's no harm in offering up opinions on the guys I do see. I could care less if I end up being right or wrong as I have been doing this a long time and everyone will get things wrong and even a broken clock is right twice a day so who cares in the end it's just hockey.

I get that, no worries, just gave my opinion, and i respect yours.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com

both wingers with elite shots
both lack height
both lack defensive skills
both lack high end speed/skating
both seem more interested in offense then hockey

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
both wingers with elite shots
both lack height
both lack defensive skills
both lack high end speed/skating
both seem more interested in offense then hockey

Michkov is 5'10 190, he doesn't lack size really, he was bouncing guys off him at the prospect game and he's use to seasoned grown men athletes hitting him in the KHL. There surely are some similarities, but they're on different levels imo, but some of it is true.

montreal

Go Habs Go
Mar 21, 2002
www.youtube.com
Michkov is 5'10 190, he doesn't lack size really, he was bouncing guys off him at the prospect game and he's use to seasoned grown men athletes hitting him in the KHL. There surely are some similarities, but they're on different levels imo, but some of it is true.

5'10 is a lack of height in hockey, He has that thicker compact frame so that will help him on the boards more then Caufield as long as he's willing to work for it. But any sub 6'0 hockey player is going to get called small likely throughout time.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
I don't know the man wasn't an attack on him by any means. I just was saying I think he'd develop at a more appropriate rate on a team that deploys him correctly. "pretty sure" doesn't mean for sure, we both know how the team is run, it's a joke.

Again, "should" and "pretty sure" aren't definites, the team has a track record of not deploying young talented players correctly. Hopefully it does happen, he deserves it, but would prefer it's soon.
You’re not wrong as we don’t know what Rothenberg will do and it’s generally not in prospects advantage. But as of now it’s alright. Demidov will be learning fine.

Reactions: Tube Skates

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
5'10 is a lack of height in hockey, He has that thicker compact frame so that will help him on the boards more then Caufield as long as he's willing to work for it. But any sub 6'0 hockey player is going to get called small likely throughout time.
Could be Crosby ish size when he’s done growing / filling out . I get what you’re saying but some great players have flourished at this size . 5 10 is quite a bit different than 5 7 additionally . But back to Demi who looks like a good one in the making .

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
Damn! I am 6f33inches and 192 pounds, He would fold me like origami lol.

Reactions: thebestnic

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
Damn! I am 6f33inches and 192 pounds, He would fold me like origami lol.
So that would make you what... 8'9"? at 192 pounds you must look like Manute Bol.

1726612872981.jpeg

bringbacktheskate604

Jul 20, 2022
The whole jist of it was for him to get more playing time and put in more advantageous places for him to grow, he had 1 point in 4 games prior and it was a drop off pass where a guy made a crazy shot, don't act like he's completely dominating getting prime playing minutes currently. lmao, Michkov went through the same thing even though he's a better prospect, it wasn't a jab.
Sir. Your not allowed to ever critiques habs prospect. They are all superstars.
Joking aside, Podz had his development stunted there, Matvei was as well. Sending Demidov down to dominate and get minutes is probably for the best but when mentioned, hab fans take it as an insult.

Andrei79

Jan 25, 2013
He's still rough around the edges, but he's really good creating offense, even on the smaller NHL size SKA rink. He's had multiple chances to pot points, but he suffers from what most younger players suffer from playing with SKA. In any case, I still find that he'll be well prepared for the NHL next year even if they continue playing him like that.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
He's still rough around the edges, but he's really good creating offense, even on the smaller NHL size SKA rink. He's had multiple chances to pot points, but he suffers from what most younger players suffer from playing with SKA. In any case, I still find that he'll be well prepared for the NHL next year even if they continue playing him like that.
Yup wouldn’t be surprised at all if he topped his point total from the KHL this season in the NHL as a rookie . Tougher league obviously but scoring is hard to come by there ( KHL ) Shackles would come off in theory

Last edited:

HeadLiceHatty

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan

He'll be NHL ready next year for sure, no doubt about that.

Sir. Your not allowed to ever critiques habs prospect. They are all superstars.
Joking aside, Podz had his development stunted there, Matvei was as well. Sending Demidov down to dominate and get minutes is probably for the best but when mentioned, hab fans take it as an insult.

Haha it is what it is, just being honest and yeah I'd like to see him sent to a team he can just dominate and not worry so much about limited minutes and SKA's bs treatment of younger players.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad