F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

Realgud

Jersey ads are a disgrace
Nov 4, 2013
realguddraftsimulator.com
Maybe you should re-read the post, seems like you are making assumptions on what was written based off you own perceptions and not the point the poster was trying to make with the evidence they presented.

The poster says, Kaprizov skating was called "bad", but when he got the NHL some started calling it "elite." This sets up Kaprizov as the example of an "elite" skater to use as a comparison to show Demidov's skating is, or could be, "elite."

Then he says that Demidov is "faster than Kaprizov." Thus putting an emphasis on the speed aspect of Demidov's skating compared to Kaprizov. But strangely, he finishes with "skating isn't all about speed," thus negating the usefulness of using Demidov's speed compared to Kaprizov as an example of why Demidov is being underrated as skater. It's an argument against his original point.

That would be like me saying:

I don't understand why people think Alexandra Daddario is not beautiful. I remember people called Megan Fox ugly. When she made Transformers, they started to call her beautiful. I'm pretty sure it's going to be the same with Daddario. Especially given her eyes are bluer than Fox. It looks like some people still don't understand that being beautiful isn't all about how blue your eyes are.

As you can see, it doesn't make sense to use an example of where a person/player is better than another person and then say that the example you just gave doesn't indicate that the person will be as good or better. If you're trying to make the point that Demidov will be an "elite" skater, but then say "skating isn't all about speed," they you need to use other aspects of Demidov's skating to bring your point home, or not say "skating isn't all about speed," otherwise, you're just making a circular argument and it doesn't make much sense.

Hope this lesson in reading comprehension was useful for you.

This is one of the dumbest post I've seen. You misunderstood the original post, no shame in that but the long tangent you confidently take while being wrong is really something. The original post was very clear.

Last edited:

CBJWerenski8

Formerly CBJWennberg10 (RIP Kivi)
Jun 13, 2009
I’m now all aboard the Demidov train for the CBJ at 4 if he’s available. Is it a luxury pick a bit? Yes. But with the strength of our pool I think taking a big swing would be a good thing. As enticing as a big center group around Fantilli and Lindstrom sounds, Demidov is a better talent and a safer pick from a medical standpoint. Take the BPA if there, Waddell.

Reactions: CBJx614 and ViD

10YearsAfter

Feb 11, 2014
Connecticut
I’m now all aboard the Demidov train for the CBJ at 4 if he’s available. Is it a luxury pick a bit? Yes. But with the strength of our pool I think taking a big swing would be a good thing. As enticing as a big center group around Fantilli and Lindstrom sounds, Demidov is a better talent and a safer pick from a medical standpoint. Take the BPA if there, Waddell.
Hawks would be fools if they took Levshunov or anyone else

Castle8130

May 9, 2017
If the Hawks draft Levshunov and someone else gets Demidov, someone please create the meme from Step Brothers where Brendan gets a wallet and Dale gets hulk hands.

Brendan = Hawks fans
Wallet = Levshunov
Dale = The fans of the team who picks Demidov
Demidov = Hulk hands
Father = Kyle Davidson

Load it up and get ready to send it. I promise you, it will go viral

Reactions: PittsburghHustlers

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
I'll admit his pace that he makes plays at, when I watch his MHL clips, looks pretty slow.

But he didn't look like that in KHL preseason, so I'm thinking he's just taking the time given to him.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad