Pre-Game Talk: Blues Moves During Draft Weekend

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

What move or moves do you predict the Blues make over draft weekend? Pick all that apply.

• Nothing

Votes: 16 27.1%
  • Trade up in 1st Round

Votes: 11 18.6%
  • Trade back in 1st Round

Votes: 6 10.2%
  • Trade later round picks

Votes: 14 23.7%
  • Big trade...big name incoming

Votes: 4 6.8%
  • Big trade...big name outgoing

Votes: 29 49.2%
  • Smaller name player trade

Votes: 13 22.0%

• Total voters

BlueDream

Aug 30, 2011
Don't need to be an insider to know that. Armstrong has said as much. They are working on a 2-fold approach to sell him on the vision over the next w years and then Steen's year beyond.
No, you missed the point. He’s saying he expects extension talks to intensify, rather than trade talks.

We’ll see if he’s right but that’s not something you or anyone random would be able to know.

Majorityof1

Mar 6, 2014
Central Florida
No, you missed the point. He’s saying he expects extension talks to intensify, rather than trade talks.

We’ll see if he’s right but that’s not something you or anyone random would be able to know.

No if that is the point, I got it.

Armstrong said they are selling Buch on staying. That is extention talk. Before Strickland's post, I asked why people think Buchnevich is the big name that might be traded when we are working to keep him. I predicted he wouldn't be moved at the draft as they'd push to extend him.

Sounds like I'm saying the same thing and it was pretty obvious from publicly available info. Now Army could gave been fibbinh, or things could fall a part quickly, but Strickland doesn't need insider info for that prediction.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
No if that is the point, I got it.

Armstrong said they are selling Buch on staying. That is extention talk. Before Strickland's post, I asked why people think Buchnevich is the big name that might be traded when we are working to keep him. I predicted he wouldn't be moved at the draft as they'd push to extend him.

Sounds like I'm saying the same thing and it was pretty obvious from publicly available info. Now Army could gave been fibbinh, or things could fall a part quickly, but Strickland doesn't need insider info for that prediction.
I don't rule him from being moved simply because it's been roughly a couple weeks since Army said they have been talking to him about the team's vision and giving him their sales pitch. That seems like it could have been plenty of time that Buch's camp has let them know that he is not interested in sticking around for the retool(whatever you want to call it) and they could be planning on taking offers, that isn't something that Army would leak out as it could affect his trade value. That said, pure speculation on my part and who knows what is going to happen, but that is why I still predicted he gets moved at the draft.

LetsGoBooze

Dickinson was in range...
Jan 16, 2012
I like the gamble, good age if he can build on his season last year. Great first move in hopefully a gambit of moves today and this weekend.

Reactions: BuLLeT1291

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
I like the move, and I’m now curious about what is coming after this. I wouldn’t be shocked if Saad gets moved, but I hope it’s Hayes instead.

Neighbours-Thomas-Buchnevich
Saad-Schenn-Kyrou
Texier-Hayes-Bolduc
Walker-Sundqvist-Toropchenko

Last edited:

Beauterham

Aug 19, 2018
I like the move, and I’m now curious about what is coming after this. I wouldn’t be shocked if Saad gets moved, but I hope it’s Hayes instead.

Neighbours-Thomas-Buchnevich
Saad-Schenn-Kyrou
Texier-Hayes-Bolduc
Walker-Sundqvist-Toropchenko

Without any more players coming in or shipped out I'd probably start with an adaptation of the lines we ended last season with:
Bolduc - Thomas - Neighbours
Schenn - Buchnevich - Kyrou
Saad - Hayes - Texier/Sylvegard
Walker/Texier - Sundqvist/Dean - Toropchenko

I can live with Texier as a placeholder on the 3rd line untill Snuggerud signs at the end of next season and after that move him to the 4th line.

Reactions: mk80

CaliforniaBlues310

Apr 9, 2013
San Pedro, CA.
Without any more players coming in or shipped out I'd probably start with an adaptation of the lines we ended last season with:
Bolduc - Thomas - Neighbours
Schenn - Buchnevich - Kyrou
Saad - Hayes - Texier/Sylvegard
Walker/Texier - Sundqvist/Dean - Toropchenko

I can live with Texier as a placeholder on the 3rd line untill Snuggerud signs at the end of next season and after that move him to the 4th line.

I liked Bolduc’s play with Thomas at the end of the year, but I’m curious if they’ll have him getting top line minutes this season, or if that was just because we were out of it.

I also don’t like Buch as a full time C. Ideally, we add a 2C, move Schenn down to 3C, and get rid of Hayes.

Blueston

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Dec 4, 2016
Houston, TX
Can't believe nobody predicted us landing Texier before the draft!
We kinda did. See the votes above- later round (next year even) pick for smaller name guy. This is kind of trade that many of us voted for. We didn't peg Tex specifically, because there are like dozens of similar guys throughout the league, but this is exactly type of move that we expected.

SirPaste

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 30, 2010
STL
We kinda did. See the votes above- later round (next year even) pick for smaller name guy. This is kind of trade that many of us voted for. We didn't peg Tex specifically, because there are like dozens of similar guys throughout the league, but this is exactly type of move that we expected.
Yea I know was just trying to make a dumb joke

Reactions: Blueston

TheDizee

Trade Jordan Kyrou ASAP | ALWAYS RIGHT
Apr 5, 2014
Hawks had a good draft yesterday. Blues continue to do nothing at all. More of the same for a third year in a row is going to severely cripple this fanbase.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad