F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024 draft)

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Sounds like the Rangers have a development problem.
They could've done better with all of them, but Andersson was a reach. Kravtsov has documented character concerns. And Kakko was maybe the only one that they got the pick right on, and it simply hasn't went well since.

um

Sep 4, 2008
toronto
They could've done better with all of them, but Andersson was a reach. Kravtsov has documented character concerns. And Kakko was maybe the only one that they got the pick right on, and it simply hasn't went well since.
They got the Kakko pick right but it hasn’t went well?

That’s called getting the pick wrong!

😁

Reactions: vtdevils2k

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Where did this come from - can you provide verification?
I don’t remember which the athletic article it comes from, from talking to his agent but last thing we know is that he was around 6’

Attachments

• F8E8474E-8CB4-44DD-B3EB-1A5DF28E3406.jpeg
    F8E8474E-8CB4-44DD-B3EB-1A5DF28E3406.jpeg
    125.8 KB · Views: 4

FlyguyOX

Jun 29, 2018
It's a catch 22 situation. He signs an extension with SKA, he gets better chance in the system. If he makes his intention known that he's trying to get to the NA ASAP, it leads to, well what we're already seeing what that leads to.

I'm curious if Michkov had not extended would so many teams have passed him?
I’m going to assume yes since it seems safe to assume the two D taken above him are doubtful to be in the NHL before Michkov

Reactions: CBJx614

The Gr8 Dane

L'harceleur
Jan 19, 2018
Montreal
Habs fans should chill and stay quiet , we don't control what our management does and we just look like idiots when they pass on the guy we wanted :laugh:.

Certainly not getting my hopes up , I don't even think he drops to us

Reactions: Scintillating10

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Talking about these picks with foresight. I can't really blame Bobrov for that one individually. Kakko was basically a consensus #2 with no obvious red flags.
Yup, KK was a no brainer at #2 oa, just like Lafreniere was at #1. It's easy to call them mistakes 3-4 year AFTER the draft- literally anyone can.

Reactions: rahad and Flynn84

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
I don’t remember which the athletic article it comes from, from talking to his agent but last thing we know is that he was around 6’

Height would be less important than Weight/Strength. However, with someone like Demidov and his skating/skill, I don't think he becomes a power winger. He's going to be a puck possession winger whit a great shot. Very valuable on the PP.

Regardless if he ends up 185 lbs or 200 lbs, the question is will he be afraid of contact and tight spaces in the NHL.

Last edited:

CBJx614

May 25, 2012
C-137
Height would be less important than Weight/Strength. However, with someone like Demidov and his skating/skill, I don't think he becomes a power winger. He's going to be a puck possession winger whit a great shot. Very valuable on the PP.

Regardless if he ends up 185 lbs or 200 lbs, the question is will he be afraid of contact and tight spaces in the NHL.
Guys see size and instantly think power forward. Patrik Laine is 6'5 215 and every single coach he's played for in the NHL has wanted him to be power forward type, but it's just not his game.

Reactions: Habs Halifax

Caser

RUSProspects @ gmail. com
May 21, 2013
Riga
twitter.com
To be honest all the fuzz around Demidov is so stupid, I mean where did everyone get the 5'10" stuff, he was like always listed at 5'11" everywhere. Not to mention that this ep article confirms that injured is the ankle and I remember not a lot of people here believed me when I told that it isn't the knee. These twitter folks sure feed their bs to the fans and the fans eat it all gladly. :facepalm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad