F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

rahad

Feb 3, 2016
montreal
Montreal has been the most successful Canadian team in the last 30 years in terms of play off runs
Edmonton will surpass us. With a cheat code like McDavid, I can see Edmonton going back to the Stanley cup final next year.

santapore

Oct 11, 2010
Less then 6 months ago your dream was for the flyers to draft him.

Now you ‘’predict’’ people will supposedly be low on him and be a 70 points winger, lol.
you are right. i really wanted to flyers draft him. what i meant was that he's gonna need more time in khl/ahl to develop. hes playing style will need to adjust with playing against men. bigger and stronger players wont let him do those ballerina moves he was doing in juniors. BUT hes gonna be excelent player..and isnt 70-80 point player pretty good in nhl??!

Last edited:

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
you are right. i really wanted to flyers draft him. what i meant was that he's gonna need more time in khl/ahl to develop. hes playing style will need to adjust with playing against men. bigger and stronger players wont let him do those ballerina moves he was doing in juniors. BUT hes gonna be excelent player..and isnt 70-80 point player pretty good in nhl??!
Not in this thread lol ^^

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton
Yes 70-80 points is very good
I predict 65-75 for michkov, flyer fans should be very pleased with that

Boxscore

Sponsor
Jan 22, 2007
next year in khl. i predict 20-25 points for demidov. and everyone one is talking low on him after that. sure after years he will be good(70-80 point winger). but mitckov was and will be better.
Demidov clearly has a ppg NHL upside. When he arrives he will have far more goodies and dynamic toys to play with in Montreal than Michkov has in Philly. That said, yes, I feel Michkov will be a better NHL scorer. In fact, I think Michkov will end up one of the best goal-scoring players of his generation and will flirt with 100+ multiple times. I see Demidov as a superstar himself, but he is more in the 85-95 point range in his prime. Put me in the camp who was hoping the Flyers traded up for Demidov so we could have been treated to this era's Bure-Mogilny combo.

• Haha
Reactions: Smirnov2Chistov

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Yeah nothing wrong with a 65 point player in the nhl!

Depends how that player is getting his points.

23 mins ice time, plays in all 1st pp waves, is on the ice for all EN situations, offensive starts only and at the end of the day if his +/- is like -45 that means the strategy is not working... he aint that guy

Frank Drebin

He's just a child
Sponsor
Mar 9, 2004
Edmonton

23 mins ice time, plays in all 1st pp waves, is on the ice for all EN situations, offensive starts only and at the end of the day if his +/- is like -45 that means the strategy is not working... he aint that guy
Yeah the point comment was just giving the “nothing wrong with 70 points” flyers/michkov fan a taste of his own medicine

Reactions: Bombshell11

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Yes 70-80 points is very good
I predict 65-75 for michkov, flyer fans should be very pleased with that
He might get 60 plus as a rookie if Torts doesn’t restrict him .

Sounds like typical star deployment ( other than only offensive starts ) ….Philly isn’t a good team , his plus minus could very well reflect this .

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Yeah the point comment was just giving the “nothing wrong with 70 points” flyers/michkov fan a taste of his own medicine
It wasn’t flyers fans saying that 70 points would be a disappointing outcome for Demidov ; it was Hab fans saying names like Jagr , Kucherov and Mcdavid as comparisons …and Pooh pooing 70 to 80 pt players .

Eegs

Jan 9, 2018
BC
It's been a long time since I have been this excited for a particular Habs prospect. I was ecstatic with the pick when it was made, but the more I see of Ivan as a human, I get even more eager to see him in Montreal.

He's got a certain energy and really appears to love the game and everything around it. Heart on his sleeve-type I think. He's going to be a blast to cheer for, and I'm betting on him being a player that thrive in the media and fan circus in Montreal.

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
He's under contract for next season in the KHL, so maybe over when his season is done. Or there's a slight chance he doesn't make SKA's roster and buys out his remaining year. So this season or next.

Yeah, I hope he doesn't make the roster (or rather Rotenberg doesn't make him making the roster) and demands the trade, and SKA will release him on the same terms as Michkov.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Cyprus vs Kosovo
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $731.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • France vs Belgium
    France vs Belgium
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $1,052.00