F Ivan Demidov - SKA St. Petersburg, KHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

jj cale

Jan 5, 2016
Nova Scotia
AS a habs fan I am pleased as punch nabbing Demidov but please don't go making him into something he's not yet habs fans, please don't do that to yourselves. Lets just let things take their course and see what we've got, no need in making him into Kucherov or Bedard when he hasn't even played a minute of NHL hockey yet.

He's got really high upside but we don't even know what this kid is truly about yet. At this point all we can really hope for is he turns out to be an important part of our core, anything above that is just gravy.

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Playmaking and Elite Hands:

Demidov has the best hands that we have scouted. Better than McDavid, better than Fantilli, better than Hughes, better than Bedard @Mrfeen92, better than Michkov, and yes, better than Patrick Kane as a prospect.

Alright so, this far we know for a fact that he's a generational playmaker.

Great, we can put this debate to rest.

Thank you come again

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
One thing for sure, Ivan Demidov will be a special player at NHL level.

His skillset, attitude, work ethic are too good to don't succeed.

His floor, that's a top 6 guy and PP 1st UNIT... 100%.

Huge possibility than he is going to put 30-35g, 55-65a per season. Star//Superstar type of guy.

He is ranked #2 all year long for many, that's a reason to that. He is a fantastic offensive dynamo with high offensive IQ, IQ is very important and he have that!

Mrfenn92

Proud to be American
Sponsor
Nov 27, 2018
Chicago,Illinois

Demidov has the best hands that we have scouted. Better than McDavid, better than Fantilli, better than Hughes, better than Bedard @Mrfeen92, better than Michkov, and yes, better than Patrick Kane as a prospect.

Thank you come again
Prove it

malcb33

Apr 10, 2005
New Zealand

Alright so, this far we know for a fact that an online report thinks he's a generational playmaking prospect.
FTFY (I don't know where you pulled this from)

Reactions: Dutronc

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
Man this thread really went off the rails lmao

The hab in me says I want to see him reach this "generational talent" but the human in me almost wants to see him bust for the ensuing meltdown on and off the habs board because I love drama.

That being said, he's a very special prospect so hopefully he becomes a very special player. Idk where that falls between being a regular NHLer and generational but the videos Montreal posts on a daily basis are fun to watch.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
What are the chances of Demidov becoming Filatov? Same height and weight, both in the minor league draft season with a few games in the KHL, both the same style, offensive with good hands, top 5 draft spots, etc.

Very high chances.

Ivan Demibust.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Thank you come again
Who’s scouting report is that ?

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
One thing for sure, Ivan Demidov will be a special player at NHL level.

His skillset, attitude, work ethic are too good to don't succeed.

His floor, that's a top 6 guy and PP 1st UNIT... 100%.

Huge possibility than he is going to put 30-35g, 55-65a per season. Star//Superstar type of guy.

He is ranked #2 all year long for many, that's a reason to that. He is a fantastic offensive dynamo with high offensive IQ, IQ is very important and he have that!
Do you know what floor means ? Cause this ain’t it……He’s gotta be the most hyped 5 th overall pick of all time . Nothing is for sure w any prospect .

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Do you know what floor means ? Cause this ain’t it……He’s gotta be the most hyped 5 th overall pick of all time . Nothing is for sure w any prospect .
I agree with OP Demidov is a special talent. If all he became was another top 6 guy I think that would be a disappointment.

I see superstar potential easily. Top 10 player one day, maybe even pushing for top 5. He's so good and he seems to have a lot of drive to go with it - deadly combo.

Of course nothing is for sure but what's the point of even having a discussion then?

Reactions: Bombshell11

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I agree with OP Demidov is a special talent. If all he became was another top 6 guy I think that would be a disappointment.

I see superstar potential easily. Top 10 player one day, maybe even pushing for top 5. He's so good and he seems to have a lot of drive to go with it - deadly combo.

Of course nothing is for sure but what's the point of even having a discussion then?
Being a disappointment and his floor are 2 completely different arguments . Some above comments have spoken in absolutes. Which is silly. Have you seen some of the stuff ? Generational , Higher upside than Jagr, sure 100 pt guy ,best hands since Mcdavid , better prospect than Bedard etc . Put some cold water on it … yeeesh ( not you in particular just this thread )

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

Thank you come again
UMc0.gif

Reactions: malcb33

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
Being a disappointment and his floor are 2 completely different arguments . Some above comments have spoken in absolutes. Which is silly. Have you seen some of the stuff ? Generational , Higher upside than Jagr, sure 100 pt guy etc . Put some cold water on it … yeeesh ( not you in particular just this thread )
I'll let others speak for themselves I just see what I see. Which is an absolute game breaker. Will thrive in MTL pressure. And he has a good supporting cast to help him develop in Suzuki/Slaf/caufield/Dach.

The hype is real, I don't blame anyone for shooting for the moon with their projections.

Remember we haven't had a PPG for 17 years now (kovalev). And it was over a decade before that since the last time we had 80+ points (recchi and damphousse). In almost 30 years we've had 3 guys barely hit over 80 points lol. Habs are starved

TheKrebsCycle

Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
I'll let others speak for themselves I just see what I see. Which is an absolute game breaker. Will thrive in MTL pressure. And he has a good supporting cast to help him develop in Suzuki/Slaf/caufield/Dach.

The hype is real, I don't blame anyone for shooting for the moon with their projections.

Remember we haven't had a PPG for 17 years now (kovalev). And it was over a decade before that since the last time we had 80+ points (recchi and damphousse). In almost 30 years we've had 3 guys barely hit over 80 points lol. Habs are starved
So being starved for talent excuses the total lack of rationality in many of the posts in this thread ? You don’t see how these claims could be met w criticism ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad