F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Agree to disagree.

Also as for you last point, I clearly said multiple times that we need another left winger for the Demidov line. Try to keep up.
You already have Slafkovsky to play with Demidov. We are not going to create a line specifically for Caufield.

We are not going to make Demidov, Dach and Slafkovsky 3 right wingers, taking away playing time from Demidov and Dach, specifically to keep Caufield on the 1st line. Any sense.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
You already have Slafkovsky to play with Demidov. We are not going to create a line specifically for Caufield.

We are not going to make Demidov, Dach and Slafkovsky 3 right wingers, taking away playing time from Demidov and Dach, specifically tokeep Caufield on the 1st .
Caufield is fine where he is on the 1st with Slaf and Suzuki. Demidov will patrol the second line

Demigod11

Jun 28, 2021

We are not going to make Demidov, Dach and Slafkovsky 3 right wingers, taking away playing time from Demidov and Dach, specifically to keep Caufield on the 1st line. Any sense.
I don't see why we should force Slaf into playing LW.

Reactions: danisonfire

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
They won't play together. Both are RW
I've followed Slafkovsky since he was 14. He played center before becoming left winger. It was only in Montreal this year, with Dach injured for the season and Caufield more comfortable in his role on the left side, that he played right winger.

Slafkovsky's preferred position is left winger.

Demidov was absolutely not chosen to spend his career on a 2nd line. And I can't see Slafkovsky playing on a 2nd line.

The coach will not deprive a star player of the team of 5 minutes of play to the detriment of a lesser player of 170cm. Dach will also not be shifted to the 3rd line, specifically for Caufield.

Last edited:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
I've followed Slafkovsky since he was 14. He played center before becoming left winger. It was only in Montreal this year, with Dach injured for the season and Caufield more comfortable in his role on the left side, that he played right winger.

Slafkovsky's preferred position is left winger.

Demidov was absolutely not chosen to spend his career on a 2nd line. And I can't see Slafkovsky playing on a 2nd line.

The coach will not deprive a star player of the team of 5 minutes of play to the detriment of a lesser player of 170cm. Dach will also not be shifted to the 3rd line, specifically for Caufield.
It's not because you play on the 2nd line that you lose 5min. They can spread the time equaly. They will not put all their eggs in the same basket. If they can do it with the like of Malkin, Draisaitl, Nylander, they can do it with Demidov. And the height of Caufield have no meaning on his ability to play on the 1st. That line was one of the best when they played together.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
It's not because you play on the 2nd line that you lose 5min. They can spread the time equaly. They will not put all their eggs in the same basket. If they can do it with the like of Malkin, Draisaitl, Nylander, they can do it with Demidov. And the height of Caufield have no meaning on his ability to play on the 1st. That line was one of the best when they played together.

Oh yes. The average brackets are 20/15/15/10. With differences in the playing area. You give the most minutes of play to your best players and in the future, Caufield will only be the 5th best forward at best.

Draisaitl plays a lot with McDavid. Toronto has 4 stars to make 2 lines. Malkin specializes in defensive play and takes a lot of minutes on the penalty kill.

Caufield/Suzuki/Slafkovsky ? One of the best lines in the league? By a long way, no.

Today, Montreal is a weak team.

With Demidov, if the latter is an elite talent, the 1st line will level up.

I haven't heard anywhere that Demidov was selected to play on the 2nd line to the detriment of Caufield, relegating Dach to the 3rd and keeping Slafkovsky on the 1st on the right-side.

Last edited:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Oh yes. The average brackets are 20/15/15/10. With differences in the playing area. You give the most minutes of play to your best players and in the future, Caufield will only be the 5th best forward at best.

Draisaitl plays a lot with McDavid. Toronto has 4 stars to make 2 lines. Malkin specializes in defensive play and takes a lot of minutes on the penalty kill.

Caufield/Suzuki/Slafkovsky ? One of the best lines in the league? By a long way, no.

Today, Montreal is a weak team.

With Demidov, if the latter is an elite talent, the 1st line will level up.

I haven't heard anywhere that Demidov was selected to play on the 2nd line to the detriment of Caufield, relegating Dach to the 3rd and keeping Slafkovsky on the 1st.
so much wrong in you're post. I don't even know where to start.

1000000382.jpg

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
so much wrong in you're post. I don't even know where to start.

View attachment 892896

Rank is based on the number of goals scored, not level. So that requires that they often played together, something which was effective because there was no other player to play on the 1st line.

Of the 10 lines listed, the one with the worst goal scored/conceded differential is the Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky line. It's also the line with the lowest weight of goals scored by the team. And yet Montreal was weak after the 1st line.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Rank is based on the number of goals scored, not level. So that requires that they often played together, something which was effective because there was no other player to play on the 1st line.

Of the 10 lines listed, the one with the worst goal scored/conceded differential is the Caufield-Suzuki-Slafkovsky line.
you can see their goal/60 and goal again/60 right at the end of the graph. Compare them with the Panarin line who is touted as one of the best and you will not see much diff.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
you can see their goal/60 and goal again/60 right at the end of the graph. Compare them with the Panarin line who is touted as one of the best and you will not see much diff.
Um, no that's not what is written. The difference is enormous (0.44 goals per 60 minutes differential) between them.

9th out of 10 in goals scored per 60 minutes, 8th out of 10 in goals conceded per 60 minutes.

You take the 4 qualitative columns, that gives 10/10/9/8 out of 10. The only reason for their presence on the list is the quantity of minutes played together (probably the 3rd line most often used in the regular season).

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Um, no that's not what is written. The difference is enormous (0.44 goals per 60 minutes differential) between them.

9th out of 10 in goals scored per 60 minutes, 8th out of 10 in goals conceded per 60 minutes.

You take the 4 qualitative columns, that gives 10/10/9/8 out of 10. The only reason for their presence on the list is the quantity of minutes played together (probably the 3rd line most often used in the regular season).
You know that .44goal/60 min is not even 1goal/6 game? So 12g a year. With the way Slaf played and Caufield atrocious shooting% who shouldn't be a problem next year, 12g is easy achievable. Like a said, good team spread their offence. They will keep the Zuk line if they continue to play like they did and build another line with Demidov on it. Caufield is fine where he is and will come back with 40+ goal season

Kiirin

Apr 2, 2023

Malkin, Draisaitl, and Nylander are playing on the second line because their squads have generational talents in Crosby, McDavid, and Matthews. Caufield is nowhere near any of those guys to deserve playing in the 1st line over Demidov

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You know that .44goal/60 min is not even 1goal/6 game? So 12g a year. With the way Slaf played and Caufield atrocious shooting% who shouldn't be a problem next year, 12g is easy achievable. Like a said, good team spread their offence. They will keep the Zuk line if they continue to play like they did and build another line with Demidov on it.
It's 0.55/60 minutes and therefore 15 goals per season and that's a lot.

I maintain. On the current top 6 for the future you have 6 players: Suzuki and Hage as centers, Dach and Demidov as right, Slafkovsky and Caufield as left.

If the management had seen that a left forward was missing to complement Demidov on a 2nd line, the management would have gone with Chernyshov rather than Hage.

But Demidov (2nd line), Slafkovsky (RW) and Dach (3rd line) will not be sacrificed to keep Caufield on 1st. Because your idea amounts to putting 3 guys at a disadvantage to 1 guy.

If Demidov and Slafkovsky must be separated, it is because Montreal will have got their hands on another elite talent. But whatever happens, Caufield will be relegated to the 2nd line. Keeping weaker players on the 1st around 2 stars only works if the 3rd player is a defensive guy who can win puck battles. Not Caufield's profile at all.

His role is to score goals and he will do it more easily if he is faced with less strong and better preserved players to start the numerical superiorities.

Last edited:

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Malkin, Draisaitl, and Nylander are playing on the second line because their squads have generational talents in Crosby, McDavid, and Matthews. Caufield is nowhere near any of those guys to deserve playing in the 1st line over Demidov
Do you understand that if they keep their position, he would not replace Caufield? He would replace Slaf because both play rw now

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Not my analysis at all. Apart from shooting, his level is limited for a 1st line player. He makes Slafkovsky shine through his shortcomings. Yes, he has more assists because his shooting % collapsed and a lot of the assists were shots.

Yes, he has a better +/- but it's Slafkovsky and Suzuki who do the defensive work. He makes an effort but he is not at all effective, especially in his zone.

Slafkovsky and Suzuki would rise in level and efficiency with Demidov.

Caufield would be a better fit for Dach and against weaker opponents. Putting Dach on the left side and leaving Slafkovsky on the right side to leave Caufield on the 1st line is not great.

I don't see how Montreal will be able to dominate the opposing front lines with Caufield. I don't see how Montreal will be able to neutralize the opposing front lines with Caufield. A team that is playing for the title has Caufield on a 2nd line. You can take all the 1st lines of the champion teams, Caufield has no place. In the Edmonton/Florida final, neither team would have put him on the 1st line.
Agreed 100%

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
Do you understand that if they keep their position, he would not replace Caufield? He would replace Slaf because both play rw now
What you don't understand (don't want to understand) is that Slafkovsky is not in his position currently.

Many left forwards are shifted to the right because right wingers are rarer.

Montreal already has 2 in its future top 6 (Demidov, Dach).

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
What you don't wan't to understand is that team spread their offence. Slaf played rw this year and they have no reason to switch him to the left with the way he played and the way the line performed. Look at Florida, did they iced a line of Reinhart-Barkov-Tkatchuk?

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
What you don't wan't to understand is that team spread their offence. Slaf played rw this year and they have no reason to switch him to the left with the way he played and the way the line performed. Look at Florida, did they iced a line of Reinhart-Barkov-Tkatchuk?

Of course they have a reason. Dach and Demidov will play on the right wing and he will be able to play again on the left side.

The switch was to put Slafkovsky on the right side because there was no one else there. He will play much better on the left side with Demidov or Dach.

The less Caufield plays against the best lines and defenses, the better for him.

Tkachuk/Barkov/Reinhart all play their preferred position. And all 3 of them are far superior to Caufield in level.

Demidov blocked for 10 years on the 1st line by Caufield to keep Slafkovsky on his less good side...

Suffice to say that Montreal had the wrong player in the draft. It was Tij Iginla who had to be taken.

Because there, if we follow your thinking, Montreal has 3 right wingers in its top 6 for 1 very small left winger. Montreal absolutely needs to trade one to sign a talented and powerful left winger... Oh wait, Slafkovsky is already that guy...

Last edited:

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009

You are asking the literal opposite. You are asking to break up one of the better lines in the NHL. You are asking to add Demidov to the line. We already have a line for Caulfield and it is working. Demidov has no line. Montreal clearly has them playing on their off wing (opposite from the way they shoot). They are succeeding and still growing. We don't have to create a line for Caulfield.

You are assuming that we are going to switch slafkovsky to LW. I get that he played LW before the NHL. In the NHL so far he is succeding on RW. Players are better and one timers are more deadly. You are assuming that Montreal will switch him to LW. Dach was playing center with my X-Dach-Demidov line. If he was a winger he would be LW with what this management has been testing (he shoots right). Either works with Demidov (RW). For all we know they might even test Demidov at center. He has played it in the past.

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You are asking the literal opposite. You are asking to break up one of the better lines in the NHL. You are asking to add Demidov to the line. We already have a line for Caulfield and it is working. Demidov has no line. Montreal clearly has them playing on their off wing (opposite from the way they shoot). They are succeeding and still growing. We don't have to create a line for Caulfield.

You are assuming that we are going to switch slafkovsky to LW. I get that he played LW before the NHL. In the NHL so far he is succeding on RW. Players are better and one timers are more deadly. You are assuming that Montreal will switch him to LW. Dach was playing center with my X-Dach-Demidov line. If he was a winger he would be LW with what this management has been testing (he shoots right). Either works with Demidov (RW). For all we know they might even test Demidov at center. He has played it in the past.
1 One of the best lines, it's totally wrong and they only played one season together. Lines are constantly changing depending on needs and players. You don't build line after line for 10 years. Slafkovsky played on the left in 2022/23. It was Anderson's sporting failure and Dach's injury that led Slafkovsky to play on the right.

2 Dach is bad at faceoffs and plays better on the right wing, we saw it in 2022/23.

3 If Montreal's vision was to keep Slafkovsky on the right, Iginla or Chernyshov would have been prioritized instead of Demidov or Hage. They took a right winger and a right-handed center when there was already Suzuki and Dach. Among the top 6 with Suzuki, Hage, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Demidov and Dach, I don't see how Slafkovsky is considered anything other than a left winger.

4 With my idea, all players play at their best position. With yours, you have to shift Slafkovsky and Dach, and blocked Demidov to dogmatically maintain a line. Where does this madness that we shouldn't change the lines come from ? NHL games ?

danisonfire

2313 Saint Catherine
Jul 2, 2009
1 One of the best lines, it's totally wrong and they only played one season together. Lines are constantly changing depending on needs and players. You don't build line after line for 10 years. Slafkovsky played on the left in 2022/23. It was Anderson's sporting failure and Dach's injury that led Slafkovsky to play on the right.

2 Dach is bad at faceoffs and plays better on the right wing, we saw it in 2022/23.

3 If Montreal's vision was to keep Slafkovsky on the right, Iginla or Chernyshov would have been prioritized instead of Demidov or Hage. They took a right winger and a right-handed center when there was already Suzuki and Dach. Among the top 6 with Suzuki, Hage, Slafkovsky, Caufield, Demidov and Dach, I don't see how Slafkovsky is considered anything other than a left winger.

4 With my idea, all players play at their best position. With yours, you have to shift Slafkovsky and Dach, and blocked Demidov to dogmatically maintain a line. Where does this madness that we shouldn't change the lines come from ? NHL games ?

You can keep thinking that but Montreal's vision seems to involve having the skilled players on their off wing and it has been working so far. Your arguments are all over the place. Your idea of best position is just what they usually played growing up. Things change at the NHL level. Id rather you tell me something interesting about Demidov if we continue this conversation. The rest is up to Montreal.

Reactions: viceroy

Dirtyf1ghter

Aug 7, 2019
You can keep thinking that but Montreal's vision seems to involve having the skilled players on their off wing and it has been working so far. Your arguments are all over the place. Your idea of best position is just what they usually played growing up. Things change at the NHL level. Id rather you tell me something interesting about Demidov if we continue this conversation. The rest is up to Montreal.
I'll tell you something interesting about Demidov : several speakers from RDS, BPM and TVA said that he would be a perfect complement to Slafkovsky and Suzuki and that it would allow Caufield to be moved to line 2. Several said that he was the most electrifying player since Guy Lafleur and has the potential to score 90/100 points.

So in my opinion, he don't go to stuck on a 2nd line to the detriment of a small 170cm winger who is in difficulty in several sectors of the game.

If access to the line 1 is prohibited for Caufield, it should not be surprising to see him request a transfer. Malkin as a center did it for Crosby and 3 titles. But Demidov won't do it for Caufield. And Dach won't want to stay on 3. Draisaitl in Edmonton, we hear that he is thinking about being number 1 center.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad