F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

NobleSix

High Tech Low-Life.
Apr 20, 2013
CyberSpace
www.ilovebees.co
Absolutely love how everyone thought he was incredible before the draft and now after being picked by the Habs he’s just another Filatov. Par for the course on this site

Give them a break man, most are just coping hard because they cant accept that if they're wrong then they won't be able to shit on the Habs rebuild anymore with the ol' "yeah but no elite game breaking talent so they'll never win" argument.

Give them some time to come to terms my dude

Kshahdoo

Mar 23, 2008
Moscow, Russia
I don't get it, his season started already?

Nah, it was during last year's preseason. He played on the line with Michkov (he centered the line) and Gritsyuk, and they looked very good. But then Rotenberg loaned Michkov and sent down Demidov and signed Galchenyuk.

Of course SKA won nothing, and Galchenyuk isn't even on the team now...

frontsfan67

Dec 3, 2022
Catching up on this thread and this kid suddenly went from contending for #1 OA to being overrated in the matter of days?
People are just shitting on him the same way Montreal fans shit on every player not drafted by the Habs. Not saying it’s right for them to do but that’s what’s happening lol

• Haha
Reactions: BLONG7

LeBrun is a Clown

Sep 19, 2018
I'm curious, did you share this thought on hfboards before the draft?
No, I initially had him ranked in my top 10 up until the month of the draft/late May.

However , that being said, I saw some holes in his game that became more and more glaring as I watched more gameplay. I found him to be rather risky to bite on with a top 5 pick.

When thinking of comparisons, obviously a guy like kucherov comes to mind if he can translate to NA ice. I just don’t see it as much. His IQ is very good, however he had a tendency to want to take “over the game” at times despite not being in a position to do so and forcing unnecessary plays that ultimately lead to turnovers at times.

He is also mediocre defensively and will really have to rely on his IQ to separate himself as a true, 1W. He needs to have a better stick to create turnovers and not give up on plays when he creates them. Back checking wise, he has good pace and hustle, but at times you can see him get frustrated when creating turnovers. You can see he has the offensive IQ, he just needs the defensive IQ to help mitigate some of those warts on the transition and his own zone. I was never really too worried about his size, also.

Regarding Filatov, I have since then discovered that Filatov had major attitude and gambling issues that contributed towards him busting. I was merely making a comparison as to how I saw some similarities stylistically. I appreciate the Habs fans who genuinely engaged with my post and provided facts about Filatov I was previously not too informed on. I was able to do some of my own research and learned something new.

Last edited:

HabbyGuy

Apr 10, 2003
Hamilton Ontario
Visit site
No, I initially had him ranked in my top 10 up until the month of the draft/late May.

However , that being said, I saw some holes in his game that became more and more glaring as I watched more gameplay. I found him to be rather risky to bite on with a top 5 pick.

When thinking of comparisons, obviously a guy like kucherov comes to mind if he can translate to NA ice. I just don’t see it as much. His IQ is very good, however he had a tendency to want to take “over the game” at times despite not being in a position to do so and forcing unnecessary plays that ultimately lead to turnovers at times.

He is also mediocre defensively and will really have to rely on his IQ to separate himself as a true, 1W. He needs to have a better stick to create turnovers and not give up on plays when he creates them. Back checking wise, he has good pace and hustle, but at times you can see him get frustrated when creating turnovers. You can see he has the offensive IQ, he just needs the defensive IQ to help mitigate some of those warts on the transition and his own zone. I was never really too worried about his size, also.

Regarding Filatov, I have since then discovered that Filatov had major attitude and gambling issues that contributed towards him busting. I was merely making a comparison as to how I saw some similarities stylistically. Is appreciate the Habs fans who genuinely engaged with my post and provided facts about Filatov I was previously not too informed on. I was able to do some of my own research and learned something new.

Xirik

Sep 24, 2014
Alberta
enough with the blaming, mocking, and woe is me attitudes.

1. some People didn't like Demidov before the draft
2. Lots of Habs fans didn't like Demidov before the draft because he's Russian and not big and strong like other prospects
3. lots of people hate Demidov because he's a Hab
4. Lots of people hate demidov because a lot of habs fans feel the need to compare and take down Michkov in order to make Demidov look good.

something something glass houses.

MorgantiDrinksBlood

Dec 26, 2011
Tokyo, Japan
enough with the blaming, mocking, and woe is me attitudes.

1. some People didn't like Demidov before the draft
2. Lots of Habs fans didn't like Demidov before the draft because he's Russian and not big and strong like other prospects
3. lots of people hate Demidov because he's a Hab
4. Lots of people hate demidov because a lot of habs fans feel the need to compare and take down Michkov in order to make Demidov look good.

something something glass houses.
This man gets it, everyone should like this post.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad