F Ivan Demidov - SKA-1946 St.Petersburg, MHL (2024, 5th, MTL)

• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
There is no debate that Demidov possesses 1st overall pick talent.
Pretty much every scout says so.

Also teams don't choose players just based off talent. There's a lot more that go into it such as position, team needs, risks (russia), etc.

Potential top pairing RD are extremely valuable and hard to acquire, and the Hawks decided to go with that.

There are a lot of great centers expected to be there at the top of next draft. So making that trade for Lindstrom doesn't make much sense for the hawks. Demidov makes a lot more sense because chances are there won't be a player as talented as him when the hawks pick next year.
Slow down before you hurt yourself 😂

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Bobrov is a dunce. That idiot talks about character issues with Michkov, yet he drafted Kravtsov.

The only provable character mishap with Michkov is lockerrom incident with Sochi. Even then it was due to him caring too much.

That said, none of this has any relevance to Demidov.

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Bobrov is a dunce. That idiot talks about character issues with Michkov, yet he drafted Kravtsov.

The only provable character mishap with Michkov is lockerrom incident with Sochi. Even then it was due to him caring too much.

That said, none of this has any relevance to Demidov.
Maybe that's why. He didn't want to get burned again. Not that I agree with him. Michkov with the 5ov would have been the way to go imo

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I still have a hard time understanding Anaheim. Sennecke is a poor man’s Demidov, 15 pounds lighter and 2,5 inches taller
Sennecke has a fu attitude to his game that I really love.

I wanted Sennecke but Demidov made me forget him. I would of been livid if they picked someone like Buium, a complete tier lower then the above two. I had nightmares of Kk v2...

Reactions: AlexGretzchenvid

Burke the Legend

Feb 22, 2012
Basu, who's a The Athletic writer that covers the habs:

"One of the reasons I believe the Canadiens passed on Michkov was the degree to which his willingness to compete would waver, and though I only watched Demidov’s playoff games, I did not see that same variance in competitiveness. He fights for pucks. He skates back hard on defence. He physically engages opponents. In other words, he cares, and it shows."

sounds like he’s speculating. Could just be the Habs were really keen on picking the big RHD more than the Forward. They clearly have a build from the blue line strategy going on.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Maybe that's why. He didn't want to get burned again. Not that I agree with him. Michkov with the 5ov would have been the way to go imo

Burned again? That would be believable if he was new to scouting, but Bobrov has been a scout for 20 years. Lets not forget (in addition to Kravtsov) Lias Andersson had attitude issues too. Saarela also.
Suffice to say, Bobrov's assessment of player attitudes comes with a rather shady track-record.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Now he’s gonna be Kucherov 😂. I mean anything’s possible, but the odds aren’t in his favour. Kucherov wasn’t a 1st overall calibre prospect at that age either (obviously). Thats the flaw in your logic.

Kucherov was a 1st overall calibre prospect at that age. That's precisely the point.

Go back and look at what he did at the U18 championships that spring. He destroyed. Who was better than him, Nugent-Hopkins?

But he was underscouted, deemed smallish and North American scouts didn't take him seriously because he wasn't playing in the professional league (sort of like Demidov now).

North Americans know better now, but there's still some hesitation due to the fact that they're not getting first hand viewings in Russia.

Fantomas

Aug 7, 2012
Basu, who's a The Athletic writer that covers the habs:

"One of the reasons I believe the Canadiens passed on Michkov was the degree to which his willingness to compete would waver, and though I only watched Demidov’s playoff games, I did not see that same variance in competitiveness. He fights for pucks. He skates back hard on defence. He physically engages opponents. In other words, he cares, and it shows."

The Habs screwed up with the Reinbacher pick and this time tried to make amends.

The problem for them is that Michkov is better than Demidov.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
Rostov-on-Don
Kucherov was a 1st overall calibre prospect at that age. That's precisely the point.

Go back and look at what he did at the U18 championships that spring. He destroyed. Who was better than him, Nugent-Hopkins?

But he was underscouted, deemed smallish and North American scouts didn't take him seriously because he wasn't playing in the professional league (sort of like Demidov now).

North Americans know better now, but there's still some hesitation due to the fact that they're not getting first hand viewings in Russia.

Who were the Russians taken before Kucherov? Namestnikov and Khokhlachyov,.. far, far, worse players BUT they both played in the CHL.

Reactions: Fantomas

bud12

Oct 8, 2012
Burned again? That would be believable if he was new to scouting, but Bobrov has been a scout for 20 years. Lets not forget (in addition to Kravtsov) Lias Andersson had attitude issues too. Saarela also.
Suffice to say, Bobrov's assessment of player attitudes comes with a rather shady track-record.
Maybe it's one of his new philosophy. The guy got burmed so mutch that when he see one little red flag, he rather not take a chance. If you look since he's with the habs, all his picks are know for having good attitude and they put a good emphasis on that

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016
Makar went 4th?
Because he played junior A. Even still, he didn’t look like he’d become what he is even in his D+1 and D+2 years in college. Development isn’t linear. Hutson and Buium both had better college years at the same age or younger than Makar did. Do you think they will be as good as him? Are they 1st overall talents?

If you want to say that Demidov may become the best player from the draft, sure go ahead, but it’s meaningless because you can say that about any player. But to emphatically say he’s a #1 overall talent right at the draft implies that he should’ve gone number one, which is ridiculous. He’s not a 1st overall calibre prospect, and he didn’t fall because he’s Russian. He “fell” because teams felt other players are/will be better.

Garbageyuk

Dec 19, 2016

What a load of shit. Let me guess, you would’ve taken him 1st overall, right? 😂

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad