Prospect Info: F Isak Rosen (14th Overall, 2021), Assigned to Rochester 12/10

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Diaspora

Jul 13, 2020

2 goals in his recent game for Leksands in a Champions League match
5 shots, 2 blocked shots and 14:53 toi (7th per forwards)

Thanks for the post. But all the ads on the boards, ice, uniforms -- Yeesus. How do they see the puck? It's like a friggin supermarket coupon circular out there. My fridge has fewer messages.

Reactions: Kublakhan and Club

2 others

Mar 9, 2021
Thanks for the post. But all the ads on the boards, ice, uniforms -- Yeesus. How do they see the puck? It's like a friggin supermarket coupon circular out there. My fridge has fewer messages.
TV commercials say "Hi"

Seriously though, this could happen to US Sports too, it already started this season.

truthbluth

Feb 2, 2011
Thank goodness. I’m not sure he was a lock, and man it would have been depressing if all 3 of the Sabres picks between 2-53 didn’t make their WJC roster. I still don’t understand why Poltopov wasn’t invited to camp. He’s been a mainstay on Russian international teams for 3 years.

Reactions: jc17

Jim Bob

RIP RJ
Feb 27, 2002
Rochester, NY
Prospect Roundup: Draft Mailbag Edition

Daniel Cochrane (@CocherDaniel): What is Isak Rosen? Has anyone actually ever watched him play?

I can confirm that there are people who have watched Isak Rosen play. I can also happily tell you that he is very good at hockey and I enjoy watching him play. He is a shifty forward who plays a true dual-threat offensive game. He has an excellent shot that can beat goalies off the rush or maneuvering the offensive zone. His penchant for finding space, using his puck skills to open passing and shooting lanes, and creating chances in a variety of ways is what will make him successful at the next level. He can find his teammates through traffic as a playmaker as well.

The biggest weakness in Rosen’s game is his sizable disadvantage in the strength department. He is an incredibly skilled and smart player who can affect the game in transition and as an attacker but he is ineffective at times along the wall and in the cycle and he needs to get stronger to beat defenders in tight. There are so many excellent qualities so patience will be key in allowing Rosen to reach his ceiling because he could be a very high-octane forward for the Sabres in a couple of years possibly.

Reactions: SECRET SQUIRREL

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Glad to see it. I feel like this guy has the least amount of buzz around him for a 1st rounder since Johnson, or maybe Pysyk.

It's the visibility - it's hard to get gushy about someone getting 4-5 minutes on an SHL team. The time to sit, hoping to catch a glimpse... it's an effort (I know this from personal experience :laugh: ) but there is something to the SHL translation. There are a couple of prospect watchers who have tried to quantify some of what it means to play pro in the SHL translating to NA success and the basics of it are - it's a good thing and tends to mean the player will be at least mildly successful. And of course, Rosen was on Leksand's big club for 22 games in his draft year (even if it just lead to 1 assist) and then went to the U18's and shredded the tournament.

There is a dynamite offensive player there, just lurking. He's going to blow up and people will be wondering where he came from. I can't wait to see what he does with some extra lower body chonk on him, some more leg muscle because he's already fast but there seems like there could be even more there.

TheMistyStranger

ミスト
May 21, 2005
It's the visibility - it's hard to get gushy about someone getting 4-5 minutes on an SHL team. The time to sit, hoping to catch a glimpse... it's an effort (I know this from personal experience :laugh: ) but there is something to the SHL translation. There are a couple of prospect watchers who have tried to quantify some of what it means to play pro in the SHL translating to NA success and the basics of it are - it's a good thing and tends to mean the player will be at least mildly successful. And of course, Rosen was on Leksand's big club for 22 games in his draft year (even if it just lead to 1 assist) and then went to the U18's and shredded the tournament.

There is a dynamite offensive player there, just lurking. He's going to blow up and people will be wondering where he came from. I can't wait to see what he does with some extra lower body chonk on him, some more leg muscle because he's already fast but there seems like there could be even more there.

Oh, I remember some draftnik saying that he was a huge bust and he had Rosen ranked like 400th or some nonsense because of the 1 point. I do think your description is the most likely outcome, but until he comes over as a 25 year old rookie and puts up 80 points, no one is gonna know a damn thing about him :laugh:

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
Oh, I remember some draftnik saying that he was a huge bust and he had Rosen ranked like 400th or some nonsense because of the 1 point. I do think your description is the most likely outcome, but until he comes over as a 25 year old rookie and puts up 80 points, no one is gonna know a damn thing about him :laugh:

Hey, if they Kaprizov him, fine by me.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

HaNotsri

Regstred User
Dec 29, 2013
This is exactly the kind of player that you shouldn't bring over too early.

Thankfully he's bean loaned out from Leksand (SHL) to Mora (HA). Hockeyallsvenskan is a much better fit for him, it's about as physical as the SHL but more run and gun. If you want to develop an undersized prospect it's a very good league for the d+1 year.

tsujimoto74

May 28, 2012
Glad to see it. I feel like this guy has the least amount of buzz around him for a 1st rounder since Johnson, or maybe Pysyk.

It's hard to make much out of his season with the way he's been used for most of it: too good to play juniors, but too young/small to play substantial minutes in men's league. There's not even much to stat-watch there, much less actually watch.

Reactions: TheMistyStranger

Chainshot

Give 'em Enough Rope
Sponsor
Feb 28, 2002
Tarnation
It's hard to make much out of his season with the way he's been used for most of it: too good to play juniors, but too young/small to play substantial minutes in men's league. There's not even much to stat-watch there, much less actually watch.

The U20's probably would've been a way for people to warm or cool on the pick, rightly or wrongly.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad