F Fraser Minten (2022, 38, TOR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
Lol he was not even top 2.....he was only good on the PP.

Huston was by FAR the best players on the ice today and the 2nd best was Minten.
Looks like others who also watched the game disagree . You’re welcome to your opinion, but so are they . It’s not inconceivable that Cowan would be the top player given his top prospect status ( I understand that Montreal also have some good looking prospects ) . I didn’t watch for the record just saying , people have different perspectives that lead to different logistical outcomes

BerthMania

Jun 3, 2022
Montréal
who would be your top 5 today?
From Toronto tbh the only players I knew were Minton, Cowan and Niemela. I thought Minten and Cowan were the 2 best players of the day, with Cowan being the 1st.

From the Habs side. Hutson did some solid things offensively, but I didn't love his defensive game. I'd still say he was our best player. It was the first time I saw him live and I thought we looked very small and not very strong physicaly. Mailloux and Reinbacher didn't have a very solid outing (but it doesn't mean they're not good, I'll wait for other games to really make my opinion.)

Other then that, I liked Florian Xhekaj for his intensity and grittiness. I saw Adam Engstrom play for the first time, his skating was very impressive, better then I thought, but he didn'T look to be physically very intimidating. I also liked Owen Beck.

So I'd say

#1 Cowan (I thought he was almost always on the ice and I always noticed him. Super fast, hard worker, I'd love to have him on the Habs)
#2 Minten
#3 Hutson
#4 Beck
#5 Engstrom
Lol he was not even top 2.....he was only good on the PP.

Huston was by FAR the best players on the ice today and the 2nd best was Minten.

My opinion isn't the objective truth, I'm just a fan who never really played at a high level, but I'm curious to hear you about Hutson's defensive game today.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie
From Toronto tbh the only players I knew were Minton, Cowan and Niemela. I thought Minten and Cowan were the 2 best players of the day, with Cowan being the 1st.

From the Habs side. Hutson did some solid things offensively, but I didn't love his defensive game. I'd still say he was our best player. It was the first time I saw him live and I thought we looked very small and not very strong physicaly. Mailloux and Reinbacher didn't have a very solid outing (but it doesn't mean they're not good, I'll wait for other games to really make my opinion.)

Other then that, I liked Florian Xhekaj for his intensity and grittiness. I saw Adam Engstrom play for the first time, his skating was very impressive, better then I thought, but he didn'T look to be physically very intimidating. I also liked Owen Beck.

So I'd say

#1 Cowan (I thought he was almost always on the ice and I always noticed him. Super fast, hard worker, I'd love to have him on the Habs)
#2 Minten
#3 Hutson
#4 Beck
#5 Engstrom

My opinion isn't the objective truth, I'm just a fan who never really played at a high level, but I'm curious to hear you about Hutson's defensive game.
Thank you for this . Seems like a very reasonable evaluation. We’re excited for Cowan but he’s really the only blue chip prospect we have . Be interesting to see if he sticks . Not much left to prove in Jr. AHL would be perfect but alas .

Reactions: Dion TheFluff

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018

So I'd say

#2 Minten
#3 Hutson
#4 Beck
#5 Engstrom

My opinion isn't the objective truth, I'm just a fan who never really played at a high level, but I'm curious to hear you about Hutson's defensive game today.

Not too far off from what I saw.

I had Minten above Cowen just because of some of the defensive breakups that Minten had. I also had Thorpe for the Habs higher up, he had some bad reads but also had some good separations before he got hurt.

Reactions: BerthMania

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'll be the controversial one I guess.

I don't think think he has 3c upside. I don't think asking him to play 3c is realistic to him or his game....

I expect more than that. I think he's got a 20% chance of being a 2c. I don't think he'll ever be the most productive player but he's going to be effective. He'll be a great Danault type player.

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
I'll be the controversial one I guess.

I don't think think he has 3c upside. I don't think asking him to play 3c is realistic to him or his game....

I expect more than that. I think he's got a 20% chance of being a 2c. I don't think he'll ever be the most productive player but he's going to be effective. He'll be a great Danault type player.

He is one of the players scouting the boxscore isn't that great of a tell of his story and impact on the game. Very smart player

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
He is one of the players scouting the boxscore isn't that great of a tell of his story and impact on the game. Very smart player

Very smart but also a possession monster.

He's got to get stronger for sure but you could stick him on an NHL line right now and he'd be able to play the cycle game. He plays a full NHL style.

A lot of the reason why his point numbers aren't elite is because of how maturely he plays the game. Juniors score off the rush, he didn't play that role.

Reactions: HockeyVirus

HockeyVirus

Woll stan.
Nov 15, 2020
Very smart but also a possession monster.

He's got to get stronger for sure but you could stick him on an NHL line right now and he'd be able to play the cycle game. He plays a full NHL style.

A lot of the reason why his point numbers aren't elite is because of how maturely he plays the game. Juniors score off the rush, he didn't play that role.

I wouldn't be shocked if in 5 years he managed to develop into a Danault type of center.

Reactions: Just Linda

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad