F Fraser Minten (2022, 38, TOR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Peasy

May 25, 2012
Star Shoppin
Good for him. Thought he would have no chance on the team too but he clearly played well enough to force their hand.

3C has been such a weak spot for the leafs ever since getting rid of Naz, would be nice if they found that person to fill it.

horner

May 22, 2007
If this kid is for real, and can lock down 3C this season, it’s a huge deal for us. It really seems like you need good contributors on ELCs to win cups, and that’s something that’s been badly lacking on the Leafs.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Nylander
Knies-Minten-Jarnkrok
Next year Cowen may be ready

Dion TheFluff

Jun 22, 2015
not the most conventional development path but he seems similar to what O'Reilly was/is in the way that he relies more on great positioning, reading plays, and hard work instead of high natural skill and it worked great for him so why not?

He's definitely earned the shot!

Jimmy Firecracker

They Fired Sheldon!
Mar 30, 2010
Mississauga
Can’t be understated how surprising Minten’s rise has been and the impact it’s had on the lineup. Besides making Sam Lafferty expendable Minten’s play also ended the Nylander at C experiment before it even really began. At 6’2” 192 lbs he’s certainly got the size to be a 3rd line centre and this pre-season he showed the smarts needed to play at this level. We’ll see how the beginning of this regular season goes but if he can continue to show responsible play and build upon the early chemistry he’s had with Knies he could play all season with the Leafs. To think a month ago we were just hoping to see him at the WJC.

Reactions: Dominance

smitty10

Aug 6, 2009
Toronto
Wait Knies is a 3rd line player for the Leafs? I thought he was their next big superstar.
Knies is only 20. He is starting the year at 3LW, but that's not a slight against him. Bertuzzi and Domi are being given an opportunity to play with Matthews/Marner and Tavares/Nylander first. He'll likely shift to the top 6 at some point in the near future. Too good of a player not to. He'll be a good one.

JeffreyLFC

Sep 29, 2017
Knies is only 20. He is starting the year at 3LW, but that's not a slight against him. Bertuzzi and Domi are being given an opportunity to play with Matthews/Marner and Tavares/Nylander first. He'll likely shift to the top 6 at some point in the near future. Too good of a player not to. He'll be a good one.
Ok, I took him early in my fantasy pool thinking a ppg hobey baker finalist with size, talent and dominant in the playoff will 100% play with top talent. Now that I realise he is on the 3rd line I am disappointed about my selection.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
If this kid is for real, and can lock down 3C this season, it’s a huge deal for us. It really seems like you need good contributors on ELCs to win cups, and that’s something that’s been badly lacking on the Leafs.

Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner
Domi-Tavares-Nylander
Knies-Minten-Jarnkrok
I guess we will know in 9 games but man the jump from junior straight to the NHL in their draft year is a really big one.

Nevermind I'm on pain killers for my back forgot it was Minten.

I still think he might go down after 9 games though.

Reactions: Dominance

AcerComputer

Aug 4, 2014
Ok, I took him early in my fantasy pool thinking a ppg hobey baker finalist with size, talent and dominant in the playoff will 100% play with top talent. Now that I realise he is on the 3rd line I am disappointed about my selection.
Wouldn't be shocked if the lines are shuffled by the 2nd period of the 1st game, and Knies is moved up to the 1st line.

leafsfan2point0

Jun 8, 2011
Having a chance to play with a talent like Knies will definitely help him. They seem to have very good chemistry. Jarnkrok is a very solid all around responsible player. This has the potential to be an awesome third line. Best of luck to him!

HairyKneel

Jun 5, 2023
That 3rd line is going to bleed goals against and get murdered physically.

But the at least the Pigman got paid. Now they just need to re-up Willy and Marner next year. They’ll win another round in the next couple years.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
I guess we will know in 9 games but man the jump from junior straight to the NHL in their draft year is a really big one.

Nevermind I'm on pain killers for my back forgot it was Minten.

I still think he might go down after 9 games though.

Maybe, or maybe the chemistry he showed with Knies in the pre season was real and Minten puts up 15 goals and 25 assists for 40 points and he sticks.

Regardless he's earned the shot

Reactions: wetcoast

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
I cant wait to watch his first regular season game. I'm so happy for Minten making the team but I am just still shocked he made the team(and that's zero disrespect to Minten)

I have watched Kamloops Blazers play many many times over the years every year and yes Minten is a pretty good player but I would never have imagined he would be NHL ready this season. I guess it just goes to show how some players have the ability to up their game at higher levels and excel playing with better older players. Some young guys sit back and watch the vets play and some decide to step up immediately and make a difference

I would assume he will be returned to Kamloops soonish but then again I've assumed that now for a bit now and he still continues to impress management and stick around.

Always love seeing unsuspecting prospects bust their asses and make their teams no matter what team it is

TheDoldrums

May 3, 2016
Kanada
I have watched Kamloops Blazers play many many times over the years every year and yes Minten is a pretty good player but I would never have imagined he would be NHL ready this season. I guess it just goes to show how some players have the ability to up their game at higher levels and excel playing with better older players. Some young guys sit back and watch the vets play and some decide to step up immediately and make a difference

Imagine someone telling you month ago that Minten would make the NHL before Stankoven. You'd think they were trolling.

Reactions: Skinnyjimmy08

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad