F Fraser Minten (2022, 38, TOR)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Ok, I took him early in my fantasy pool thinking a ppg hobey baker finalist with size, talent and dominant in the playoff will 100% play with top talent. Now that I realise he is on the 3rd line I am disappointed about my selection.

It's a long season, Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner hasn't exactly clicked yet, there could be movement on that LW all season long, wouldn't be shocked if Knies found himself moving up.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
Maybe, or maybe the chemistry he showed with Knies in the pre season was real and Minten puts up 15 goals and 25 assists for 40 points and he sticks.

Regardless he's earned the shot
Hard to say often the increased tempo makes a preseason star a bit hesitant then they lose confidence but it would be great for the Leads if Minten is the exception that proves the rule.

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010
Hard to say often the increased tempo makes a preseason star a bit hesitant then they lose confidence but it would be great for the Leads if Minten is the exception that proves the rule.

It sure would because as much as I like John Tavares, he is 33 eventually somebody will need to take over.

It would be great if Minten shows top 6 potential.

Reactions: wetcoast

Martin Skoula

Oct 18, 2017
It's a long season, Bertuzzi-Matthews-Marner hasn't exactly clicked yet, there could be movement on that LW all season long, wouldn't be shocked if Knies found himself moving up.

Imo Bertuzzi finds himself stapled to Tavares eventually and the top LW spot gets extended Domi and Knies auditions throughout the season. Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner is the most coherent 2nd line option we have where all 3 players operate at the same tempo and each have complementary roles that maximize their individual skill sets.

WTFMAN99

Jun 17, 2009
Imo Bertuzzi finds himself stapled to Tavares eventually and the top LW spot gets extended Domi and Knies auditions throughout the season. Bertuzzi-Tavares-Marner is the most coherent 2nd line option we have where all 3 players operate at the same tempo and each have complementary roles that maximize their individual skill sets.

Knies-Matthews-88
Bertuzzi-JT-Marner
Domi-X-Jarnkrok
Gregor-Kampf-Reaves

We need to solve for X in the event Minten isn't up for it, maybe it's Holmberg, maybe it's external.

I just think Matthews and Nylander together is too great, Nylander is such a shot threat himself and probably the 2nd best passer on the team.

Marner turns JT into a bigger threat at 5v5 as well, they rolled Matthews-88 and JT-Marner last year and I swear we were better for it.

Reactions: GreatDayforHockey

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
I'm hearing that Saskatoon had been in talks to get Bairos too at one point.

Looks like Saskatoon won't have many futures left after this season.

Aug 25, 2009
éal
This is 2nd or 3rd overtime goals in those playoffs

He is at a point per game, and looking at the score sheet he is a monster on the faceoff dot

Toronto might have found a very good bottom six centreman here

Reactions: FourQuarters

Just Linda

Feb 24, 2018
This is 2nd or 3rd overtime goals in those playoffs

He is at a point per game, and looking at the score sheet he is a monster on the faceoff dot

Toronto might have found a very good bottom six centreman here
He's been good in the playoffs.

He's not explosive but he's so, so consistent.

Strong possession player, plays an NHL style already. He's not the fastest guy out there but he has enough speed to get to where he needs to, he's always where he needs to be too.

I doubt he'll be productive at the NHL level but he's going to be effective there.

I'd be surprised if he settled in as a 2C in the NHL but would be shocked if he didn't develop into a 3C. He's a gem for Toronto (which is though to admit since I love mocking the Leafs).

Green Snow Storm

Jul 22, 2009
Canada
He's been good in the playoffs.

He's not explosive but he's so, so consistent.

Strong possession player, plays an NHL style already. He's not the fastest guy out there but he has enough speed to get to where he needs to, he's always where he needs to be too.

I doubt he'll be productive at the NHL level but he's going to be effective there.

I'd be surprised if he settled in as a 2C in the NHL but would be shocked if he didn't develop into a 3C. He's a gem for Toronto (which is though to admit since I love mocking the Leafs).
Yeah his iq is super high, and he's all about the small details. Impressive at that age.

TheKrebsCycle

Throwing Confetti for Perfetti
Jun 1, 2011
Barrie

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad