Speculation: F Filip Zadina PTO ? (Update: signs 2 year deal with HC Davos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Boy Hedican

Homer Jr, friends call me Ho-Ju
Jul 12, 2006
Earff
Well who ever gets Zadina, don’t get your hopes up at all that he’ll suddenly become a good player.

Just can’t pull it together in the big league.

Reactions: Lazlo Hollyfeld

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
They all seem like decent landing spots... But if he needs offensive opportunity.. he has very little shot at top 6 roles in Colorado or leafs. Habs he may get a chance at that but I feel like they have some great pieces coming up.

Leafs LW is pretty weak. While I doubt he's good enough to actually be a consistent top six threat, it might actually be the best chance to prove otherwise. The Habs have better options now with Laine and I can't see the Avs having any interest experimenting.

Reactions: Czechboy

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I thought Zadina signing was imminent.

I rather not see him in CH sweater. We got a trainload of prospects that need development and NHL look-see. Zadina is heading for Euro leagues by next year.

hotcabbagesoup

"I'm going to get what I deserve" -RutgerMcgroarty
Feb 18, 2009
Reno, Nevada
The kid is such a good kid. He kept his head down the whole time he was in San Jose, said all the right humble things, worked his butt off in games. He just needs to find the right trainer or a guy to whisper the right things in his ear. He needs Gary Roberts darn it!!! I dont see how it is fair that McDavid gets to train with Roberts when he is already unquestionable the best player in the world and Zadina doesnt get that kind of help.

I really want the guy to succeed. He is such a good kid. At this point I truly believe that what he said about "filling a team's net with pucks in the NHL" when he was drafted was just something said that was lost in translation. I'd take him back in San Jose, butwe just need the space to promote guys like Goldobin, Musty, Celebrini, Smith.

jMoneyBrah

Jan 10, 2013
South Bay
The kid is such a good kid. He kept his head down the whole time he was in San Jose, said all the right humble things, worked his butt off in games. He just needs to find the right trainer or a guy to whisper the right things in his ear. He needs Gary Roberts darn it!!! I dont see how it is fair that McDavid gets to train with Roberts when he is already unquestionable the best player in the world and Zadina doesnt get that kind of help.

I really want the guy to succeed. He is such a good kid. At this point I truly believe that what he said about "filling a team's net with pucks in the NHL" when he was drafted was just something said that was lost in translation. I'd take him back in San Jose, butwe just need the space to promote guys like Goldobin, Musty, Celebrini, Smith.

This Sharks fan is also rooting for him. Like you said, a good kid. I hope he finds that person to whisper in his ear; maybe he could be one of those guys who fizzles as a scorer but changes their game to make a career as a winning support player.

If he can put away the notion that he needs to be a top 6 or bust guy and instead focused on training to be a strong defensive player and winning bottom 6 matchups I think he could be a third line winger a lot of teams would like to have.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
Leafs LW is pretty weak. While I doubt he's good enough to actually be a consistent top six threat, it might actually be the best chance to prove otherwise. The Habs have better options now with Laine and I can't see the Avs having any interest experimenting.
He should sign PTO with Montreal. His best chance of becoming a top 6 forward is working with MSL. They can always trade him if he works out but there is no place on the top 6 for him.

Mattilaus

Sep 12, 2014
Beyond the Wall
He should sign PTO with Montreal. His best chance of becoming a top 6 forward is working with MSL. They can always trade him if he works out but there is no place on the top 6 for him.
If he is at the stage of needing PTOs to try and get a spot on a bottom feeder team, what makes you think anyone else will want to trade for him if he doesn't work out again?

Ford Prefect

Mar 2, 2002
Montreal
Visit site
I remember when he was drafted he said that he was looking forward to filling Montreal's nets with pucks (for passing him over). Now he'll have the opportunity to do that; he can clean off the ice when the players are done practice.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
There have been a few misses in the first round of the 2018 draft

Worse one as a Habs fan was Kotkaneimi. As soon as Bob McKenzie spouted his opinion on how great he was, the rest of the bobbing heads followed.

On one tournament, probably watched on video, the Habs scouts fell in line to the hype.

They got Zadina wrong too, but at least it was based on his season.

Boss Man Hughes

Mar 15, 2022
If he is at the stage of needing PTOs to try and get a spot on a bottom feeder team, what makes you think anyone else will want to trade for him if he doesn't work out again?
I said if he works out but there is no place for him.

There have been a few misses in the first round of the 2018 draft

The draft was mediocre

OgeeOgelthorpe

Riccis per 60 record holder
Feb 29, 2020
I said if he works out but there is no place for him.

The draft was mediocre

The draft was bad. There’s no sugar coating it. Solid defensemen in the top 12 but as far as true impact forwards go there’s Tkachuk and Svechnikov and maybe Farabee?

Gilmour1996

Oct 16, 2022
It doesn't take long for GMs to find out his agent is Darren Ferris and even less time to hang up the phone.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
All tools but slow thinking for NHL, his game never translated. I was so so hyped about him, when he was drafted, thought he would be 40 goalscorer.

BKarchitect

Oct 12, 2017
Kansas City, MO
NL is a good spot. Live in Switzerland, handsomely paid, be close to home and he will probably score bushels of goals in Europe and play NT games.

He’s young enough that he will definitely get another NHL tryout someday if he produces. I think this was a better move for rehabbing any semblance of an NHL career he may have left than than trying to linger on PTOs and hope for a 14th forward bench spot or be up and down to the AHL on a two-way.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
NL is a good spot. Live in Switzerland, handsomely paid, be close to home and he will probably score bushels of goals in Europe and play NT games.

He’s young enough that he will definitely get another NHL tryout someday if he produces. I think this was a better move for rehabbing any semblance of an NHL career he may have left than than trying to linger on PTOs and hope for a 14th forward bench spot or be up and down to the AHL on a two-way.
It absolutely sucks but is his best move by far.

Even in the rumours of PTO with Leafs, Habs and Avs. The fanbases all seemed to say he wouldn't crack their top 9 (either established top 9 and strong team or a developing top 9 of future stars).

So, like you said, he stays in NHL if turns PTO into a 1 way 775k contract.. then goes between healthy scratch and 10 minutes a night.

It sucks - Kubalik unsigned. Vrana on a PTO. Zadina gone to NL for 2 years. Kaut returned to Europe. Zboril unsigned anywhere. Hajek back in Europe. Chytil's brain is fried and he's 1 hit away from LTIRetirement (speculating here).

That was our next generation.lol

Reactions: letsgrowcactus

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad