Speculation: F Filip Zadina PTO ? (Update: signs 2 year deal with HC Davos)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

FriendlyGhost92

Jun 22, 2023
Gave up all that guaranteed money from his Detroit contract to have a “better” opportunity elsewhere. At this point it seems like that was a terrible choice but full respect for him believing in himself. Wish him all the best.

It was weird that he couldn't produce even when he was put on Larkin's wing but thought he was gonna go to a rebuilding San Jose and breathe some life into his career.

xVolchenkov

Jun 21, 2011
Ottawa
It was weird that he couldn't produce even when he was put on Larkin's wing but thought he was gonna go to a rebuilding San Jose and breathe some life into his career.
I’m sure it must be hard to accept for some that you aren’t as good when you’re vs the best of the best. Going 6th overall, having people compare you to great players just to not have it work out the way you’re expecting is a tough pill to swallow. Progress isn’t always linear and be found that out the hard way.

Coffees

blackhawk down
Nov 12, 2021
Massachusetts
I’m sure it must be hard to accept for some that you aren’t as good when you’re vs the best of the best. Going 6th overall, having people compare you to great players just to not have it work out the way you’re expecting is a tough pill to swallow. Progress isn’t always linear and be found that out the hard way.
You’re quite sophisticated for a person with a Phineas profile pic

The Zetterberg Era

Ball Hockey Sucks
Nov 8, 2011
Ft. Myers, FL
Something. Something. Tools. Toolbox.
Not sure he has the NHL tools either. His athletic ability isn’t top notch. One of Zadina’s biggest problems is creating separation and finding space. I put that at least 50/50 on his actual tools. Yes you can say the toolbox doesn’t allow him to find space but a big part of that to me is his skating and explosiveness.

His last chance in North America. I will always root for him, he worked his ass off in Detroit, he just wasn’t very good. He also needs to understand that he needs to play the game a good 20 feet closer than he does because what worked in junior doesn’t work on NHL caliber netminders often.

Reactions: Sadekuuro

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
1724766554738.jpeg

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad