F Filip Ekberg - Altuma, Sweden J18 (2025 Draft)

Sliptip

Sep 8, 2022
He sees the game very well and has good enough tools to put up points. Decent hands, great shot and solid passer. He’s undersized and his skating isn’t on par to make up for it, which is my main concern. He successfully makes a lot of give and go plays.
Mostly agree. Would go as far to say his offensive vision is outstanding. Overall his intensity isn't great , and playdriving is the biggest thing I'm worried he will lack comparatively the further up the foodchain he goes. Really noticeable whenever he gets put at center, he's suddenly dropped a level or two almost every time I have seen him there.

I also don't know if it's just me, but having followed him somewhat consistenly for two seasons now, feel like he has very varied form. Some periods of time I have found him somewhat invisible and just blending in with the top players in his age group, other times in the season he is just a wagon.

What is his game like and how good could he be?
If some of the mentioned things go right I think he can become a great prospect/player. The big thing he has is so special and valuable in my mind that he is someone I really want to succeed. Especially swedish prospects don't usually have such great intuition for offense, and it's not in the way that a lot of "opportunistic" junior players with mediocre toolsets gets high point totals, but it is legitimately clever, smooth and even impressive for pro level.
I'm a bit concerned that the physical tools will stop him from holding up at the NHL level. There is a worrisome vision that he will be one of those hardstuck SHL players who do end up excelling in that environment, but that make the change in playstyle and level. So if you are asking for NHL purposes, I think he either solves the issues and becomes a hit, or just misses completely. Very polarizing for me.

But for sure been my favourite player amongst the 06/07s in Sweden so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad