F Ethan Belchetz - Oakville Rangers, SCTA U15 (2026 Draft)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I was told that was impossible. We knew the 1OA before the 2008 early birthdays were playing junior hockey in NA or Russia.
I know McKenna is good, but to say that before these kids have played a game in the CHL is insane.

I don’t know how you look at Belchetz, who looks like Lindros 2.0 and come to the conclusion he can’t go #1 overall next year.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I know McKenna is good, but to say that before these kids have played a game in the CHL is insane.

I don’t know how you look at Belchetz, who looks like Lindros 2.0 and come to the conclusion he can’t go #1 overall next year.
I like Belchetz but man did he really shoot up the rankings that fast in 3 freaking games?

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
Nice start but way, way to early to start anointing him as the prohibitive favorite for the 26 draft. Let's see where he is at in February or March.

Reactions: FLAMESFAN

bigdog16

Nov 7, 2013
USA
Nice start but way, way to early to start anointing him as the prohibitive favorite for the 26 draft. Let's see where he is at in February or March.
I think his point is that people have already anointed McKenna as the number 1 pick and there would be no one else in the picture.

• Love
Reactions: LeProspector
Mar 12, 2009
He's got a really, really great tool kit. Good skating regardless of size, great for a guy his size, high skill level. Didn't get much of a read on his shooting in the game I saw; was scoring by being big in front of the net and going for loose pucks there, breakaway deke.

Corso

Aug 13, 2018
I think his point is that people have already anointed McKenna as the number 1 pick and there would be no one else in the picture.

Point is it's way too early to appoint anyone as the number 1 pick just yet. We will have a much better read at the end of this season, and even after that much can and will change.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Point is it's way too early to appoint anyone as the number 1 pick just yet. We will have a much better read at the end of this season, and even after that much can and will change.
We can definitely discuss who’s in the mix, McKenna isn’t the clear frontrunner people thought. Belchetz is competition now.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
There was no accurate “rankings” before.
Kind of like right now eh?

We can definitely discuss who’s in the mix, McKenna isn’t the clear frontrunner people thought. Belchetz is competition now.
Less than a handful of games doesn't determine anything you should know better one would think.

But maybe you want the accolades to being the first to pronounce the new frontrunner instead of letting things shake out a bit?

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Kind of like right now eh?

Less than a handful of games doesn't determine anything you should know better one would think.

But maybe you want the accolades to being the first to pronounce the new frontrunner instead of letting things shake out a bit?
We sure as hell know better than we did then. Both Belchetz and Dagenais look LEGIT and Belchetz in particular had the “it” factor.

But maybe you’re unable to realize that there are more players than McKenna in 2026 instead of letting things shake out a bit?

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
We sure as hell know better than we did then. Both Belchetz and Dagenais look LEGIT and Belchetz in particular had the “it” factor.
Sure but it's 3 games with early rosters with a lot of players still at NHL camps but I fully expect you to drop him down in the rankings when he has a bad week right?

But maybe you’re unable to realize that there are more players than McKenna in 2026 instead of letting things shake out a bit?
I'm not the one making proclamations as it's way too early but the point is that McKenna hasn't dropped because of 2 or 3 games either.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
I'm not the one making proclamations as it's way too early but the point is that McKenna hasn't dropped because of 2 or 3 games either.
I agree he hasn’t dropped, but it’s not McKenna far and away like many naive fans once thought. Belchetz is a legit challenger. His mesurables are insane and his talent is through the roof, also. It’s going to be a great class it looks like.

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
I agree he hasn’t dropped, but it’s not McKenna far and away like many naive fans once thought.
Was this really the case among serious draft watchers though?

I mean sure McKenna got off to an awesome start, but only a few stat watchers were going overboard, most of us were saying let's wait a couple of years but at the time sure McKenna was #1.

Also you do realize that Belchetz had 6 points in one game then has 2 points from his other 2 games so maybe pump the breaks a little bit here.

He is a great prospect but he isn't a lock for #1 by any means yet.

Belchetz is a legit challenger. His mesurables are insane and his talent is through the roof, also. It’s going to be a great class it looks like.
Agree that it's going to be a great class and that Belchetz is going to make it interesting.

LeProspector

AINEC
Feb 14, 2017
Was this really the case among serious draft watchers though?

I mean sure McKenna got off to an awesome start, but only a few stat watchers were going overboard, most of us were saying let's wait a couple of years but at the time sure McKenna was #1.

Also you do realize that Belchetz had 6 points in one game then has 2 points from his other 2 games so maybe pump the breaks a little bit here.

He is a great prospect but he isn't a lock for #1 by any means yet.

Agree that it's going to be a great class and that Belchetz is going to make it interesting.
I see Eric Lindros here. I’m not going to pump the brakes

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad