F Daniil Gushchin (2020, 76th, SJS)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Not overly impressed with his numbers. Team Russia does have more than enough capable goal scorers to pick from. Size is not there too. I am sceptical about a WJC invite at this point.

Zine

Feb 28, 2002
We could use Gushchin. He has really rounded out his game from what I’m reading.
Even if he doesnt produce, he’s become very good in the 2-way play and is always buzzing around creating havock.
He can be like Slepets was a few years ago.

Reactions: Sandisfan

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
We could use Gushchin. He has really rounded out his game from what I’m reading.
Even if he doesnt produce, he’s become very good in the 2-way play and is always buzzing around creating havock.
He can be like Slepets was a few years ago.
His size does not scream two-way though. I would rather have another gifted forward in Petrov for the 3rd line.

FLYguy3911

Sanheim Lover
Oct 19, 2006
He plays on the worst team in the league. A 1.19 PPG on a team that scores 2.87 goals is over 40% involvement on team goals. That is excellent production. He has a quarter of Niagara's goals.

He also had one of the biggest impacts on goals scored and goals prevented in the USHL if for some reason you think size and two-way play are correlated. He's a tank btw.

Last edited:

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
He plays on the worst team in the league. A 1.19 PPG on a team that scores 2.87 goals is over 40% involvement on team goals. That is excellent production. He has a quarter of Niagara's goals.

He also had one of the biggest impacts on goals scored and goals prevented in the USHL if for some reason you think size and two-way play are correlated. He's a tank btw.
All that in a junior league as a 19 year old.

My point stands. Guys he is competing against for a WJC spot are playing in men's leagues (and produce). USHL was last season. And Petrov produces in the same league being a full year younger.

Two way play and size do not always corelate, but what Team Russia needs is size for the bottom six. It is specifically about Guschin making that particular roster.

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Ridiculous he didnt get invited. Classic Russia though punishing guys for taking alternate development paths
LOL Classic NA animosity and fake narratives about Russia. He is not even PPG in a junior league. This is not enough to make this Team Russia. It's top players are around 2 PPG in juniors this season and all play against men more or less regularily. In Guschin's case it has nothing to do with where he plays, but rather how he produces as a 19 year old.

Kcoyote3

Half-wall Hockey - link below!
Sponsor
Apr 3, 2012
www.half-wallhockey.com
LOL Classic NA animosity and fake narratives about Russia. He is not even PPG in a junior league. This is not enough to make this Team Russia. It's top players are around 2 PPG in juniors this season and all play against men more or less regularily. In Guschin's case it has nothing to do with where he plays, but rather how he produces as a 19 year old.
Today I learned 1.32 PPG isn’t a point per game

Zine

Feb 28, 2002

1.32 ppg in a junior league isn't anything to brag about for a 19yo offensive player.

Nonethless I wouldve liked him on the team. He'd coulve provided some secondary scoring along with some energy.
That said, his ommission isn't that big of a deal. He's hardly irreplaceable.

Last edited:

Cas

Conversational Black Hole
Sponsor
Jun 23, 2020

Well of course not, it's 0.32 points too many to be a point per game.

I can't say whether Gushchin is one of the twelve best forwards available for Russia U20 or not, but I think it's silly to simply dismiss his high scoring rates across multiple levels and over multiple years.

themelkman

Always Delivers
Apr 26, 2015
Calgary, Alberta
Well of course not, it's 0.32 points too many to be a point per game.

I can't say whether Gushchin is one of the twelve best forwards available for Russia U20 or not, but I think it's silly to simply dismiss his high scoring rates across multiple levels and over multiple years.
I cant say, but every pro and amateur scout Ive seen has told me he easily belongs.

Russia has done this plenty before with even better players

Atas2000

Jan 18, 2011
Oh, that's because he's got 4 points in the last game(and a good game before that I guess). Yes, that changes everything.:sarcasm:

You do understand the difference between 1.32 and 2, right? Also even 1.32 is good for 2oth in the league. That is both PPG wise and scoring position in the league wise around where the guys playing in Russia sit who did NOT make the WJC roster. And some of them are younger or significantly younger than Guschin and have those stats already. They are the guys who will make the team next year or the April 2022 U18 team.

There is absolutely nothing special about Guschin not making the team with that performance.

Ad

Latest posts

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad