F Adam Jecho - Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL (2024, 95th, STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
Greetings from the UK..!
Lifelong NHL nerd/ Prospect nerd.

Spent the lst 3 weekends staying up very late (due to the time difference between my beloved NE England and the WHL Face Off times lol) , but it has been worth it to watch Czech forward ADAM JECHO.

His first 2 games he stood out mainly for his HUGE size, and although he skated pretty well (very well for a big guy)--he didnt "jump out" as "special"
BUT my goodness, the last 4 games (5 GOALS) he has looked very muchthe real deal!

He uses his frame to protect the puck (which he seems to want a lot) makes deceptive dekes, and his shot (one timer, slap-shot and wrist shot) look to be very advanced
Stylistically, he reminds me of Mats Sundin in his style, or perhaps , with his great shot, a more mobile version of Patrik Laine

Last night Jecho`s Oil Kings lost 4-1 to PA, with Jecho scoring the lone goal with a vicious off the knee one timer from the left circle.
In the 2nd period he was thwarted TWICE by the iron ; the first a thunderous slap shot from the high slot (that may have dented the bar lol), and then on a slick move- beating the D man- and the Goalie too-- before- "clanking" the post.
Had the puck bounced differentley--at the juncture of the game,--Edmonton could have been in front .

Is it because hes a GIANT playing against peers that are smaller that make him stand out?
Possibly....
Would he shine playing against men with of equal pysique?
Maybe....
BUT 7 games into his N/A adventure (in what loooks to be a fantastically talented WHL ) Jecho looks to be more than capable of being a potential Star.

Last edited:

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Greetings from the UK.
Lifelong NHL nerd/ Prospect nerd.
Spent the lst 3 weekends --(staying up very late due to the time difference between my beloved NE England and the WHL Face Off times lol) , but it has been worth it to watch ADAM JECHO.

His first 2 games he stood out mainly for his HUGE size, and although he skated pretty well (for a big guy)--he didnt "jump out" as "special"
BUT my goodness, the last 4 games (5 GOALS) he has looked the real deal!
He uses his frame to protect the puck (which he seems to want a lot) makes deceptive dekes, and his shot --one timer. slap-shot or wrist shot look to be very advanced.
He reminds me of Mats Sundin in his style, or perhaps , with his great shot, a more mobile version of Patrik Laine.

Last night Jechos Oil Kings lost 4-1 last night to PA, Jecho scoring the lone goal with a vicious off the knee one timer from the left circle, and in the 2nd period was thwarted TWICE by the iron...the first a thunderous slap shot from the high slot (that may have dented the bar lol), and then on a slick move- beating the D man-and the Goalie before- "clanking" the post.
Had the puck bounced differentley--at the time---Edmonton could have been in front .

Is it because hes a GIANT playing against peers that are smaller?
Possibly....
Would he shine playing against men with of equal pysique?
Maybe....
But 7 games into his N/A adventure, in what loooks to be a fantastically talented WHL, Jecho looks to be more than capable of being a potential Star.
He was labelled early and then posters soured on him. He's consistently playing in an older age group. So it is very nice to see him play his peers and find success!

I agree he's not generational but I do see an NHLer and top 100 pick

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
He was labelled early and then posters soured on him. He's consistently playing in an older age group. So it is very nice to see him play his peers and find success!

Thank You !
Dobry Den Czechboy...!
I think hes great ---its early days of course---but he is by far one of my favourite Czech prospects this year. I am so impressed.

Reactions: Czechboy

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016

If he improves his skating (easy to say, worse execution), he will go in the first two rounds:D

johnnydrum

Oct 17, 2006
United Kingdom
If he improves his skating (easy to say, worse execution), he will go in the first two rounds:D
Hi Goodman68.
How are you.
Thank s for the reply.
Ahhhhhhhhh, so has his skating been mentioned as a deficiency?
Thats interesting because my first 2 games watchng him, I did wonder, but wasnt sure if it was because he was so big .
At first I wondered if he was going to be Dmitri Jaskin....or Aleksi Protas even.....but once he gets the puck, he looks very different.

Certainly will follow his progress (sleep permitting lol)

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Hi Goodman68.
How are you.
Thank s for the reply.
Ahhhhhhhhh, so has his skating been mentioned as a deficiency?
Thats interesting because my first 2 games watchng him, I did wonder, but wasnt sure if it was because he was so big .
At first I wondered if he was going to be Dmitri Jaskin....or Aleksi Protas even.....but once he gets the puck, he looks very different.

Certainly will follow his progress (sleep permitting lol)
Hi.
I have to say that he looked better than I expected in the national team this year. He definitely has some interesting skills, if I were to look for weaknesses, first of all it's definitely skating, agility. I definitely always felt that he was a bit slower against top opponents in the national team. Which is not surprising given his body proportions.
I definitely didn't think he was a first rounder before this season, now I'd say if he has a really great season it's not out of the question. But my guess is the third, fourth round..

GunnarStahl

Let’s go shake their hands
Oct 13, 2020
After watching the Oilers start of year to track Port, this kid ahas really stood out. Shades of Honzek, in terms of being a big Central Europe guy who could really climb the draft boards.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
After watching the Oilers start of year to track Port, this kid ahas really stood out. Shades of Honzek, in terms of being a big Central Europe guy who could really climb the draft boards.
He pretty much started out as an A grade prospect, so not sure he can climb a whole lot.

SlafySZN

May 21, 2022
Any news on his injury? He left the game yesterday during the 2nd period if i’m not mistaken.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
He's been producing steadily, but tonight he broke out a bit. 2G, 1A

He already had 2 goals and an assist in one of his first games. Don't think this is much of a breakout, just a good game.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Big game from him tonight, 2G 2A. Where are the Czech posters for this guy? :sarcasm:

There are very few czech users here. And only one is really very active. I don't know exactly what it is. But Slovakia also has many more active posters here. Maybe it's also because we don't manage to get young players into the NHL in larger numbers, and even those who played there have many big problems, so we feel a bit like everything is conspiring against us..;)
I hope it is it was translated intelligibly with the help of a translator..:)

Hockeyville USA

Dec 30, 2023
Central Ohio
Jecho is an enigma. I heard all this hype behind him prior to the season and he's been quite up and down. Talent seems to be there, the consistency, definitely not there. Oil Kings aren't great so that has an effect.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Solid player but his skating worries me a bit without a elite trait to counteract it. Kinda why I wasn't a big fan of Kaut although he should've still been a bottom 6 nhler. He's more of a swing you take in the 3rd vs late 1st that I see some people have him.
I wrote the exact same thing here too. I don't see any elite quality there, he has a good hockey IQ, his shot is probably okay too. But his skating limits him (though I haven't seen him play since HGC) and I've seen a similar problem with Kaut as well. Although with him I always thought that the biggest problem was his cardio and that's why he couldn't maintain the intensity of his skating during a long shift and often looked desperate at the end of the shift..

Reactions: Bye Bye Blueston

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
Falls?

his draft rankings were in the 50 to 100 range. So I'd say round 3 is realistic. Round 2 is a bonus.
I was seeing a lot of mid-late 2nd ranking on EP, go figure.
Screenshot from 2024-06-29 10-06-55.png

GrandmaCookie

Feb 10, 2019
I highlighted every 50 to 100 ranking

View attachment 889268

Don't get me wrong, I hope Badinka at 33 and him at 34.
Yes but I meant 2nd round being 33 to 64, you have 11 projections/17 (close to two third) being in the range. Hence the question but I get your point.

Size may be too attractive if he is actually skating well.
I find is skating is OK from what I saw on youtube, nothing special even for a guy his size. Seem to have a good shot tho.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad