F Adam Jecho - Edmonton Oil Kings, WHL (2024, 95th, STL)

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

wetcoast

Nov 20, 2018
sorry for my bad English

really?..
this still happened four years ago...
it's final game... Elite (AAA) class...: Czech select-05 vs Canadian team-05 ... 5:4
Adam Jecho (06!): 4 goals (including winning goal) - Connor Bedard (05): only 2 goals

Like I said someone to watch but it's hard to base anything on 1 game in such a low level, especially with a man child with obvious physical attributes and advantage that will diminish over time.

In the clip up thread he looked a bit sloppy not really elite in any way but his skating was really good.

Still someone to watch.

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Like I said someone to watch but it's hard to base anything on 1 game in such a low level, especially with a man child with obvious physical attributes and advantage that will diminish over time.

In the clip up thread he looked a bit sloppy not really elite in any way but his skating was really good.

Still someone to watch.
It is so. In general, it is a big problem to estimate the further development of such a physically developed player. Is it just a question of physical development, or does he have real talent? We also didn't see elite instruments there, but he played against tough competition and was two years younger. He can still develop into a really interesting player.

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
I think I can write it now with a clear conscience. Based on the performance at the U18 tournament, I state that Jecho, of course, has no generational talent. Ridiculous. The son of the head coach gives a similarly sad performance, maybe he is just tired of the demanding program, but his skating is not good. If skating and movement are Zadina's main shortcomings, then it seems that the boy has a huge problem and is much worse. But they play the third match on the third day, maybe as I write it no longer gives it physically.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Otherwise, understand me well. The generation player was Jágr, the generation player is McDavid. Jecho can still be a decent player, he may have a future in the NHL, but I don't see any elite tools there yet. And if it was to be a generational player, it would no doubt be clearly visible.

Antiillafire

May 1, 2021
Trnava, Slovakia
Otherwise, understand me well. The generation player was Jágr, the generation player is McDavid. Jecho can still be a decent player, he may have a future in the NHL, but I don't see any elite tools there yet. And if it was to be a generational player, it would no doubt be clearly visible.
Generational is a very loaded statement and gets thrown around too often. Very very few players are generational. I remember watching Mcdavid as a 14 year old and thinking yes he should be in the OHL right now. That’s how good he was. Those type of players are so rare and you see the skill in them every game. No matter who they play with or against, they are the best on the ice.

As for Jecho, he certainly has the tools to be a first round pick. The draft is too far away to place him in a spot. He’s producing very well in Finnish U18 league and could make the U18 Czech team for the tournament next year. I actually think Sale might be more skilled than him. Skating can be improved, but often the most difficult thing with these big guys is there agility and reaction time. I see it with Slafkovsky, I actually think the size can work against the player at times

Reactions: Goodman68

Goodman68

Jul 11, 2016
Generational is a very loaded statement and gets thrown around too often. Very very few players are generational. I remember watching Mcdavid as a 14 year old and thinking yes he should be in the OHL right now. That’s how good he was. Those type of players are so rare and you see the skill in them every game. No matter who they play with or against, they are the best on the ice.

As for Jecho, he certainly has the tools to be a first round pick. The draft is too far away to place him in a spot. He’s producing very well in Finnish U18 league and could make the U18 Czech team for the tournament next year. I actually think Sale might be more skilled than him. Skating can be improved, but often the most difficult thing with these big guys is there agility and reaction time. I see it with Slafkovsky, I actually think the size can work against the player at times
Yes, you described it very accurately. The term is used all too often where it's used to be funny and has no justification.
Otherwise, when I saw the U18 selection, it was clear that at least the first attack of the U17 selection was better than half the older striker, including Jecho and Petr. Maybe Jecho will eventually get to the championship, because some U18 players seemed weak to me.

Reactions: Antiillafire

Pavel Buchnevich

"Pavel Buchnevich The Fake"
Dec 8, 2013
New York
Looks like a potential mid-round pick in 2024. I thought his skating looked so much better at the Hlinka last year, and now it doesn't look as good. He has speed when he gets going, but is sluggish. He's very big, he's good defensively, and has some offense.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Looks like a potential mid-round pick in 2024. I thought his skating looked so much better at the Hlinka last year, and now it doesn't look as good. He has speed when he gets going, but is sluggish. He's very big, he's good defensively, and has some offense.
He seems to 'not fit' his own body... maybe a growth spurt and some awkwardness?

Don't get me wrong.. I'm not seeing the next Jagr or anything. This U17 is also a REAL bad look for any Czech as we are getting pummelled.lol

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Do you think he goes?
I don’t know, but the way it usually goes with European USHL picks: The higher the pick, the more likely that the player shows up. The earlier picks are usually players who are already NCAA-committed, e. g. Christian Kirsch in the 6th round. Picks like Jecho are usually just teams shooting their shot.

SCampo98

Dec 24, 2015
Sherbrooke, QC
Mediocre U18 as an underager but put up a few points. With his size, does he have the potential to end up on the first round with a good season?

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Mediocre U18 as an underager but put up a few points. With his size, does he have the potential to end up on the first round with a good season?
I like him quite a bit and could see him succeeding in North America. Would be a good CHL pick. Really like his hockey sense and ability to play quick in the sense of making quick decisions and smart little plays. He does lack pace and doesn’t show a ton of dynamic skill

Reactions: czech and Czechboy

dr1234

Sep 1, 2022
It’s hard to see if this will work out for him or not. Not much in Edmonton to look forward to next year aside from Hodnett.

czech

Feb 23, 2009
It’s hard to see if this will work out for him or not. Not much in Edmonton to look forward to next year aside from Hodnett.
I hope Jecho doesn't get lost in Edmonton. It is noteworthy that the only non-overager Czech who went to the draft-23 from the CHL leagues was taken from the Edmonton team (Vojtech Port).

Reactions: dr1234

Bubbles

Die Hard for Bedard 2023
Apr 16, 2004
BC Teams:Nucks,Juve

Could be a similar situation with Honzek and the Giants. If he gets top minutes he will do great. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the dub.

pgfan66

Jun 26, 2019
Could be a similar situation with Honzek and the Giants. If he gets top minutes he will do great. I'm looking forward to seeing him in the dub.
I’m sure he will because even if the team improves, they’ll still be shit overall this season.

Reactions: Bubbles

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
Up to a .ppg after a slow start. Hope he keeps it up. Polarizing prospect.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad