GDT: Extremely meaningful preseason game vs Nashville

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

TheReelChuckFletcher

Former TheRillestPaulFenton; Harverd Alum
Jun 30, 2011
Raleigh and Chapel Hill, NC
If the Canes envision FUS as a potential center, it's probably wise to place all three of our big prospects in the AHL and have them develop on one line together for a full year. Ryan Suzuki has played in such a way that I could see him giving an offensive boost to our bottom-6. Maybe he's the guy that ends up making the team.

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
If the Canes envision FUS as a potential center, it's probably wise to place all three of our big prospects in the AHL and have them develop on one line together for a full year. Ryan Suzuki has played in such a way that I could see him giving an offensive boost to our bottom-6. Maybe he's the guy that ends up making the team.
If they don’t envision him as a center we don’t have any centers in the system that are above 4C ceiling.

I don’t see having them on the same line at the nhl level with no nhl experience. Its not the RBA way or a smart way in general

Reactions: Tryamw

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
Orlov walker having shades of the TDA Orlov days.

Perets is..... No.

I have concerns about walker. If you put him with Gost that might be bad. Walker was supposed to be more defensively responsible than TDA. Time will tell.
Orlov seems to be a slow starter. Probably, he was he one of the Hurricanes that RBA mentioned to Gold that came to camp not in ideal shape?

WreckingCrew

Feb 4, 2015
Orlov walker having shades of the TDA Orlov days.

Perets is..... No.

I have concerns about walker. If you put him with Gost that might be bad. Walker was supposed to be more defensively responsible than TDA. Time will tell.
I'm expecting way more 5-4 type games this year because with the departure of Skjei-Pesce our only really defensively-minded guy is Slavin, and somewhat Chatty. Burns-Orlov-Ghost-Walker definitely lean more towards the offensive side of the defensive game.

chaz4hockey

Old man but still a PP2 Candidate
Sponsor
Jan 21, 2021
Naples, FL
I'm expecting way more 5-4 type games this year because with the departure of Skjei-Pesce our only really defensively-minded guy is Slavin, and somewhat Chatty. Burns-Orlov-Ghost-Walker definitely lean more towards the offensive side of the defensive game.
5-4 games.....yikes.

Gleason and RBA will need medicinal assistance to get through the year.

A Star is Burns

Formerly Azor Aho
Sponsor
Dec 6, 2011
I think it's way too early to make a determination like that on the defense. Even if that happens, I'm betting it's more of an early year thing and we are where we often are by the end defensively. Even last night, it was two guys that haven't been playing together being thrown together in a game that I'm sure they can both easily look around and see the other team has their real guys and we don't, let's just not get injured. Also, Perets was doo doo.

MinJaBen

Canes Sharks Boy
Sponsor
Dec 14, 2015
Durm
I think it's way too early to make a determination like that on the defense. Even if that happens, I'm betting it's more of an early year thing and we are where we often are by the end defensively. Even last night, it was two guys that haven't been playing together being thrown together in a game that I'm sure they can both easily look around and see the other team has their real guys and we don't, let's just not get injured. Also, Perets was doo doo.
Agreed. Plus our system relies on the forwards helping out so much; last night with a lot of rookies playing forward probably didn’t make any of the defense look as good as they can be.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad