• Total voters

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Lmfao the hat actually went to Lindgren @will1066

Kakko accusation:
giphy.gif

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It's just reality no matter what happens Trouba and Lindgren are never coming out of the lineup.
If our best 5 on 5 KFC line continues to do what they are doing it will cover up a lot of the other crap.

Imagine our bottom six was:

Cuylle - Bonino - Brodzinski
Vesey - Goodrow - Pitlick

Because that's what it was last year.
Agreed. This team is better this year. Edstrom alone is better than 5 of the 6 guys you listed above (and I like Vesey).

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
who's decidedly east west. kakko?

i feel like y'all don't watch him play lol he wants to grind in the corners and make a low high pass, go to the net to jam, recover the puck, and do it again. he likes to work behind the net and feed net front.

When I refer to a north-south player I generally mean the kind of forward who generates much of their offense quickly, on the rush.

East-west is cycle player who does better once they have possession in the O zone and specializes in sustained offense.

Jagr, Nylander, Kakko, Dubinsky, Anisimov, these are east-west players.

Matt Cullen, Chytil, Gaborik, Grabner, Zibanejad, Pouliot, these are north-south players.

It may very well be the 'wrong' definition, but that's how I use it.

Reactions: leetch99

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Me reading a sentence about Dale Purinton, doesn't even make me think of Dale Purinton.
The only reason why I think about Dale Purinton is because while he was on the team, they once showed during a pregame show that a fan from Japan had a giant Dale Purinton tatto on his arm or leg where he was skating through fire.

It was so random. I think about that guy a lot. Why did he get a Dale Purinton tattoo? Didn't he know how much of a nothing-burger Dale Purinton was?

It keeps me up at night.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I hate to complain about anything because I like so much of what I'm seeing, however just one nitpick:

The 4 on 3 PP continues to baffle me. Static, basically no movement, everyone outside the 'house' and just playing catch until they get a 60 foot one timer. It just makes no sense. You see it creep into 5 on 4's with PP1 sometimes too. They need movement, when they get static and pass around the outside is when the PP goes cold like it did in the playoffs.
I spend 100% of my day thinking about our 5 on 4 PP and trying to preserve it at all costs and I have no notes about the 4 on 3. What the hell are you supposed to do? There are no seams. Strike those opportunities from the stats.

kovazub94

Enigmatic
Aug 5, 2010
That was my exact thought when he pinched poorly last night. I want that aggressive play because it works 70% of the time and it’s a hdc if it works.

He’s also got the speed to get back.

I live with the poor pinch for trapping the other team in their zone for minutes at a time.
In this particular case - it was about the timing - the team is trying to just ice the game so anything on the potentially risky side should be avoided. At any other time - yeah he should go for it.

Reactions: SnowblindNYR

IDvsEGO

Oct 11, 2016
In this particular case - it was about the timing - the team is trying to just ice the game so anything on the potentially risky side should be avoided. At any other time - yeah he should go for it.
I don’t want him thinking of that though.
You do things by habit.
There’s never enough time to consider the score on a play like that.

gravey9

Dec 29, 2008
Nice to get some wins where we can rest our top guys in the 3rd! Say what you want about the last few seasons but we didn't have that many "easy" wins. If we want to have something in the tank for the playoffs, these kinds of wins are incredibly helpful. It also gives guys like Mancini and Edstrom more reps which will only be helpful down the road.

leetch99

Leetch66 Joined 2007
Oct 5, 2017
PEI Canada
Smith >> Wheeler. Agreed.

However, Kakko is far from dead weight. After his rookie year, he has had a positive impact overall on the ice either through his good defensive play or his strong possession play with the puck along the walls or behind the net.
I had Wheeler as the deadweight....I figured most would understand that . Sorry for the confusion .

We honestly weren't that great in that game. We scored on six consecutive shot attempts.
Shesty also made some great saves last night early on when needed & they were outshooting us....their goalie made no saves when needed .

NYRFANMANI

Department of Rempe Safety Management
Apr 21, 2007
yo old soorbrockon
Not to interrupt the totally valid circle jerk here, but re Trouba destroying Barron:

A hit to the head, is a hit to the head, there are no circumstances that make it a clean hit. The rules are very clear and we got "lucky". The right call would have been 5 minute major on Trouba and a 2 min instigator penalty on Matheson.

Aside from that ... this season feels special so far.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad