• Total voters

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Lmfao the hat actually went to Lindgren @will1066

Kakko accusation:
giphy.gif

bl02

Jan 13, 2014
It's just reality no matter what happens Trouba and Lindgren are never coming out of the lineup.
If our best 5 on 5 KFC line continues to do what they are doing it will cover up a lot of the other crap.

Imagine our bottom six was:

Cuylle - Bonino - Brodzinski
Vesey - Goodrow - Pitlick

Because that's what it was last year.
Agreed. This team is better this year. Edstrom alone is better than 5 of the 6 guys you listed above (and I like Vesey).

Fitzy

Very Stable Genius
Jan 29, 2009
who's decidedly east west. kakko?

i feel like y'all don't watch him play lol he wants to grind in the corners and make a low high pass, go to the net to jam, recover the puck, and do it again. he likes to work behind the net and feed net front.

When I refer to a north-south player I generally mean the kind of forward who generates much of their offense quickly, on the rush.

East-west is cycle player who does better once they have possession in the O zone and specializes in sustained offense.

Jagr, Nylander, Kakko, Dubinsky, Anisimov, these are east-west players.

Matt Cullen, Chytil, Gaborik, Grabner, Zibanejad, Pouliot, these are north-south players.

It may very well be the 'wrong' definition, but that's how I use it.

Reactions: leetch99

Peltz

Oct 4, 2019
Me reading a sentence about Dale Purinton, doesn't even make me think of Dale Purinton.
The only reason why I think about Dale Purinton is because while he was on the team, they once showed during a pregame show that a fan from Japan had a giant Dale Purinton tatto on his arm or leg where he was skating through fire.

It was so random. I think about that guy a lot. Why did he get a Dale Purinton tattoo? Didn't he know how much of a nothing-burger Dale Purinton was?

It keeps me up at night.

huerter

Aug 16, 2020
I hate to complain about anything because I like so much of what I'm seeing, however just one nitpick:

The 4 on 3 PP continues to baffle me. Static, basically no movement, everyone outside the 'house' and just playing catch until they get a 60 foot one timer. It just makes no sense. You see it creep into 5 on 4's with PP1 sometimes too. They need movement, when they get static and pass around the outside is when the PP goes cold like it did in the playoffs.
I spend 100% of my day thinking about our 5 on 4 PP and trying to preserve it at all costs and I have no notes about the 4 on 3. What the hell are you supposed to do? There are no seams. Strike those opportunities from the stats.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad