Post-Game Talk: Expos

3 Stars

• Total voters

DelZottoHitTheNetJK

Mar 10, 2011
I hate to be that guy but K'Andre Miller has been brutal

Crushed a can tonight which is great but long term we need to fix this D corps because they're simply not it

This is the most confidence I've ever seen a Rangers team play with. They know they're better than probably 29 other teams in this league.

Reactions: gimbznyr and DialUp

eco's bones

Jul 21, 2005
Elmira NY
Montreal playing a lot of pond hockey tonight. They were swarming us in the first but we picked them apart. It really wasn't Montembault that was the problem.

The Brodzinski goal I did wonder about. Maybe they thought Mailloux didn't put in enough of an effort.

Chytil was flying all night and both Kakko and Cuylle were really good too. Best line of the night. Reilly Smith looks good so far too. If the Rangers have three dangerous scoring lines instead of two we're going to be really hard to defend.

As far as the Trouba hit.....it's what he does and if a player comes within range and isn't paying attention there is a good chance he's going to get hurt. I don't think Jacob is worth his cap hit but I do like that part of his game. It is a combat sport and nice teams don't win Stanley Cups. Teams that do win Cups play hard all the time.

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
I hate to be that guy but K'Andre Miller has been brutal

Crushed a can tonight which is great but long term we need to fix this D corps because they're simply not it

This is the most confidence I've ever seen a Rangers team play with. They know they're better than probably 29 other teams in this league.

He really hasn't though. 66.5% xGF. 72.98% if you adjust for score and venue.

On the season it's 67.72% and 71.08% respectively. The Miller-Fox pair has been arguably the best D Pair in the league this year. League-wide Miller's SV Adjust xGF% is 16th overall, 4th among Dmen behind only Fox, and Carolina's Walker-Gostisbehere pair (which has played about 35 mins less)

DialUp

Big Bauds
Sponsor
Feb 15, 2012
NYC
Only time NYR is even thought about outside our board is when Trouba Third Law's somebody or when NJD fans are teething

He really hasn't though. 66.5% xGF. 72.98% if you adjust for score and venue.

On the season it's 67.72% and 71.08% respectively. The Miller-Fox pair has been arguably the best D Pair in the league this year. League-wide Miller's SV Adjust xGF% is 16th overall, 4th among Dmen behind only Fox, and Carolina's Walker-Gostisbehere pair (which has played about 35 mins less)
Can't argue numbers, but the eye test is scorching me

UnSandvich

Sep 7, 2017
Only time NYR is even thought about outside our board is when Trouba Third Law's somebody or when NJD fans are teething

Can't argue numbers, but the eye test is scorching me

I think it's mostly because Miller's mistakes seem bigger bc they spend so much of their time controlling play in the other team's zone. They stand out more

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Millers been so good from game one this year. He's just that kind of player who is so toolsy and also so raw that the mistakes will always look loud and what CoULD be will always linger over what is. He's really a Kreider of defense.

It took Chris four or five years to settle in and he was still getting a lot of hate for NOT being dominant until this team started rebuilding.

Millers good plays often happen so early and far from the net and they're so effective at separating the player from the puck and getting it up the ice quickly, that they almost never get noticed as such. And he does a lot to get a chunk of guys and disrupt players with some reaching and leaning without taking penalties.

Idk I've been really impressed I'm honestly shocked how much hate he's been getting this year of all years

will1066

Oct 12, 2008
Is it me, or has this team improved so much 5 on 5 compared to last season?

Granted, it’s still very early in the season, but they look like a different team 5 on 5, and in a good way.
Smith is looking like the best fit with Kreider and Zib since Buch. Carrick has been a revelation with Edstrom and they both mesh with Brodz. Chytil taking another level up, as is Kakko. They all keep possession in the o-zone and they all cycle. The biggest difference compared with last year is the fluidity and pace with their cycle. All 5 guys involved and never one guy out of place.

TheDirtyH

Jul 5, 2013
Chicago
Screen Shot 2024-10-22 at 10.53.32 PM.png

no shade to the poster this is funny lol

WojtekWolski86

Nov 14, 2019
Negatives:

Mika falling victim to the reverse hit is a symptom of one of thr big things wrong with his game the last 2 years. He has been very shy to engage in board battles and guys straight bully him all the time. I could Reilly getting real nasty come playoff time in those battles.

That bad Miller pinch and penalty is something that just baffles me. Up by 3 and a zero % pinch. Those decisions really hold him back because he has some incredible physical tools.

Can we compromise and put Laf on those 4 on 3 PPs? Force feeding Mika is too predictable.

Lindgren. Just give this guy a break and let him fully heal. First game back in a bubble is tough. Especially when he's accustomed to using his face to stop shots.

Pros:
I simply don't think we have ever had a team buzz offensively with all 3 lines and have a usable 4th line simultaneously.

Reilly had his best game as a Ranger.
Chytil...if he stays healthy this year will put him on the map. Our 3rd line is like the conehead line.

This team is buzzing and I could probably type a whole wall of text of more positives.

• Love
Reactions: SnowblindNYR

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad