GDT: Exhibition game - Slovakia Vs Czech Republic

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Ray Martyniuk

Mar 13, 2019
We definitely need a few! He looks great. Now get him to Regina and drafted in Round 1.
I like the fact that Czech players come to Canada to play but I think once they are 20 years old they are better served playing in Europe and not for ice-time in the AHL. Hopefully S Svozil makes it! If and when WHL Regina Pats play I'll be watching for him. Good Luck to him and the Czech Republic club at this Tournament. And to all the teams Slovaks included Good Luck and Good Health!

Reactions: Ginger Papa

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I like the fact that Czech players come to Canada to play but I think once they are 20 years old they are better served playing in Europe and not for ice-time in the AHL. Hopefully S Svozil makes it! If and when WHL Regina Pats play I'll be watching for him. Good Luck to him and the Czech Republic club at this Tournament. And to all the teams Slovaks included Good Luck and Good Health!
I won't lie, I hope he gets drafted and immediately goes to the AHL. Great league to develop D. Or the SEL.

Reactions: Ginger Papa

wings5

Jan 6, 2008
I won't lie, I hope he gets drafted and immediately goes to the AHL. Great league to develop D. Or the SEL.

Playing with and watching Conor Bedard's work ethic and skills is likely to be more contagious and have a positive influence on Svozil. As well as playing big minutes

snowkiddin

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Feb 26, 2016
Would like to see Raska suspended for that one. Wouldn’t mind seeing him miss the rest of the tourney for that. Very very dangerous and lucky the Slovak wasn’t hurt.

Dominating performance from the Czechs though, will be interesting to see how they match up against some of the upper echelon teams.

tobu

Jan 10, 2013
Bratislava, Slovakia
The result doesn't tell the entire story, Slovaks were pretty good on the puck in 5on5, didn't capitalize on their solid chances and couple of mistakes and lack of discipline basically made the game. Glad this happened in a pretournament game, good PK practice, heh. Czechs were obviously strong and deserved the win.

GettingYourMoms

Jun 6, 2018
The result doesn't tell the entire story, Slovaks were pretty good on the puck in 5on5, didn't capitalize on their solid chances and couple of mistakes and lack of discipline basically made the game. Glad this happened in a pretournament game, good PK practice, heh. Czechs were obviously strong and deserved the win.
Did we watch same game? Slovaks had only like 2 dangerous chances, meanwhile Hlavaj was standing on his head. I don´t understand why he was not drafted.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
I am positive if we met in the tourney in a non exhibition game that it would look very different and be much closer.

Clean up the PK, buy Hlavaj flowers and eliminate all the penalties.

czechcanadian

Dec 8, 2011
Ottawa
My take aways for Czechs
Wont be super neat about this.
Did watch the whole game twice.
Was very impressed with Svozil. Proving hes a 1st rounder for sure. 3 assists. what a start. looked so comfortable out there. was maybe our best D outside of maybe Has.
Raska is a beast. The kid should make the NHL imo.
Jiricek was good too. very good read of the play. intercepted a few passes. Just missed that final touch but otherwise a decent game as well.
Krutil didnt play much, but of what i saw, hes quite impressive defensively. Doesnt hesitate in his own end. Just overall solid.

Mysak was just OK for me. Hope he can improve a bit but he still looked good on that PP. Did a lot of the little things right.
Pytlik being Pytlik. Smart and creative play. Skating looks good too.
Novak shoots a lot which I like. Needs more PP time imo.
Undrafted standouts are Rychlovsky, drew a couple penalties in the beginning but interestingly barely played at all after that.
Gut was pretty decent too

Overall think this team could cause a couple of the big guns fits if they get good goaltending.
They're a big hard working team with a good forecheck and a solid PP.

Raska is almost guarenteed to miss the next game with a suspension. Tough loss. He was very instrumental in this game.

Czechboy

Češi do toho!
Apr 15, 2018
My take aways for Czechs
Wont be super neat about this.
Did watch the whole game twice.
Was very impressed with Svozil. Proving hes a 1st rounder for sure. 3 assists. what a start. looked so comfortable out there. was maybe our best D outside of maybe Has.
Raska is a beast. The kid should make the NHL imo.
Jiricek was good too. very good read of the play. intercepted a few passes. Just missed that final touch but otherwise a decent game as well.
Krutil didnt play much, but of what i saw, hes quite impressive defensively. Doesnt hesitate in his own end. Just overall solid.

Mysak was just OK for me. Hope he can improve a bit but he still looked good on that PP. Did a lot of the little things right.
Pytlik being Pytlik. Smart and creative play. Skating looks good too.
Novak shoots a lot which I like. Needs more PP time imo.
Undrafted standouts are Rychlovsky, drew a couple penalties in the beginning but interestingly barely played at all after that.
Gut was pretty decent too

Overall think this team could cause a couple of the big guns fits if they get good goaltending.
They're a big hard working team with a good forecheck and a solid PP.

Raska is almost guarenteed to miss the next game with a suspension. Tough loss. He was very instrumental in this game.
Novak is the very definition of volume shooter.. he gives no f***s about shooting percentage, wires it from everywhere. This is missing in Czech hockey.. I love it.

Malik also looked great.. first 10 minutes he had several chances against, if they go in, different game.

I am really liking Has/Svozil as a pairing... I think it could be very competitive with the Big 5.

I'm not looking 'forward' to the Swede game but am curious to see what happens.. hope we sneak in a victory!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad