Former Bruins Ex Bruin general discussion II

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

smithformeragent

Sep 22, 2005
Milford, NH
1706037964812.png

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
He looks like he’s wearing a Doritos bag.
True. And I got a chuckle from this because I remember one of his teammates from the 2011 team chirped him for looking a little bloated during that Zoom they did during COVID. Maybe Soupy? Looks like he is back to being fit again.

Kalus

Sep 27, 2003
Florida
Just saw something that said Blaine Lacher passed away. Is that true? Seems to be not much news about it, but there are some links out there. Way too young.
That’s sad, such a young guy. He was a great college goalie and had a good early start to his pro career but wasn’t able to maintain it. All in all, that’s a pretty good career.

Last edited by a moderator:

McGarnagle

Yes.
Aug 5, 2017
I'm not sold. There's an obituary posted from a random Alberta funeral home and some questionable AI articles. But this supposedly happened Monday and there's no verified news sources reporting it yet, so I'm skeptical.

BostonBob

4 Ever The Greatest
Jan 26, 2004
Vancouver, BC
I'm not sold. There's an obituary posted from a random Alberta funeral home and some questionable AI articles. But this supposedly happened Monday and there's no verified news sources reporting it yet, so I'm skeptical.
It is a bit odd that they make no mention of him playing for the Bruins but do mention that he was an avid fan of the Indy Colts. :dunno:

EDIT: His Wikipedia page has now been updated to include this: On January 29, 2024, Lacher died in Medicine Hat at the age of 53.

CDJ

Nov 20, 2006
Hell baby
It is a bit odd that they make no mention of him playing for the Bruins but do mention that he was an avid fan of the Indy Colts. :dunno:

EDIT: His Wikipedia page has now been updated to include this: On January 29, 2024, Lacher died in Medicine Hat at the age of 53.
HockeyDB has him as dead too :(

• Wow
Reactions: Ladyfan

PatriceBergeronFan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 15, 2011
USA
Orlov averaging under 16 minutes in Carolina and only 17 points, -9.

Glad to have moved on. The question in hindsight will remain, what if Sweeney overpaid for the Columbus defenseman (size, defense first) instead of Hathaway (invisible) and Orlov (rare glimpses).

Reactions: trenton1

bruinsfan1968

Make America United Again! Save our Democracy!
May 6, 2019
Orlov averaging under 16 minutes in Carolina and only 17 points, -9.

Glad to have moved on. The question in hindsight will remain, what if Sweeney overpaid for the Columbus defenseman (size, defense first) instead of Hathaway (invisible) and Orlov (rare glimpses).
Sweeney overpaid for all 3 trade line acquisitions, at least that is my opinion.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad