Value of: Evgeny Kuznetsov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
It would be unlikely the Canes show much interest. Not great in the circle, doesn’t really care for defense. Unless they get him at a discount that is
Yeah the same kinda interest that made the Canes go after jesse p. You guys bought a b.b.gun while all the other teams in the east bought missiles. Good luck

Nikishin Go Boom

Russian Bulldozer Consultent
Jul 31, 2017
Yeah the same kinda interest that made the Canes go after jesse p. You guys bought a b.b.gun while all the other teams in the east bought missiles. Good luck
We don’t get players that don’t fit our style or need just to acquire players. After Meier was gone, there weren’t any missiles left though Thanks for the recap.

John Mandalorian

2022 Avs: The First Dance
Nov 29, 2018
A motivated and engaged Kuzy can be a top 10 centre in the league. He was the real Conn Smythe winner in my eyes in 2018. We haven't seen that level of play for a few years and he is no saint, but I have no doubt he has it in him.

It is not like he has 6+ years left on his contract that adds enormous risk. He is 30 years old.

I think he could go crazy good on a team like the Canes or Avs, or could be the boost that a 9-16 seed needs to become a contender.

Some GM out there will recognise this.

Go crazy?

Reactions: EquivalentStay

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
We don’t get players that don’t fit our style or need just to acquire players. After Meier was gone, there weren’t any missiles left though Thanks for the recap.
Barbashev, tarasenko, orielly, that's just three from blues. Timo was a long shot. Now Canes will be bounce in first round.

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Barbashev, tarasenko, orielly, that's just three from blues. Timo was a long shot. Now Canes will be bounce in first round.
Now re-read my post and then look at your’s and see the issue. Then add in Barbashev had 24 points at the time of trade. Huge missile that is.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
Now re-read my post and then look at your’s and see the issue. Then add in Barbashev had 24 points at the time of trade. Huge missile that is.
Like I said Canes we're not going to pay the price and missed out on a ton of other missiles. But let's compare.

Meier - 12gp 4g 2a 6p.
Barbs 14gp 4g 6a 10p
Tsenko- 22gp 5g 9a 14p
Orielly- 8gp 3g 2a 5p.

There were so many available prices to get and Canes just sat on their hands.lol

He'll blues got kappy and vrana and blais

Vrana - 10gp 6g 2a 8p
Kappy- 13gp 6g 3a 9p
Blais- 21gp 8g 5a 13p.

So Canes kinda effed up

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Like I said Canes we're not going to pay the price and missed out on a ton of other missiles. But let's compare.

Meier - 12gp 4g 2a 6p.
Barbs 14gp 4g 6a 10p
Tsenko- 22gp 5g 9a 14p
Orielly- 8gp 3g 2a 5p.

There were so many available prices to get and Canes just sat on their hands.lol

Vrana - 10gp 6g 2a 8p
Kappy- 13gp 6g 3a 9p
Blais- 21gp 8g 5a 13p.

So Canes kinda effed up
You’re missing the point. The Canes focused on Meier, who the missed on with their 6 piece package. ROR and Tarasenko were already gone before the Canes were notified. So those names are out.

Trying to say the Canes missed on out struggling players that all of sudden blew up after the trade is like complaining you don’t know lottery numbers beforehand. Your argument is beyond flawed.

None of this has to do with the OP either way. Just a sad attempt at trying to dunk on the 2nd best team for not running it your way.

Reactions: Sigurd

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
You’re missing the point. The Canes focused on Meier, who the missed on with their 6 piece package. ROR and Tarasenko were already gone before the Canes were notified. So those names are out.

Trying to say the Canes missed on out struggling players that all of sudden blew up after the trade is like complaining you don’t know lottery numbers beforehand. Your argument is beyond flawed.

None of this has to do with the OP either way. Just a sad attempt at trying to dunk on the 2nd best team for not running it your way.
Obviously you missed my point. They missed out on everyone and chose a struggling player who isn't even going to play. Barbashev and many others were still available. You guys got jack squat and it will show when you get to playoffs

Reactions: kp61c

Nikishin Go Boom

Jul 31, 2017
Obviously you missed my point. They missed out on everyone and chose a struggling player who isn't even going to play. Barbashev and many others were still available. You guys got jack squat and it will show when you get to playoffs
Sad thing is you’re arguing out of both sides of your mouth and think you are right.

Take a gamble on a struggling player who still struggles = dumb play

Take a gamble on a struggling player who now magically does great = Guinness commercial Genius!

Way to go. your argument can only be made months later. Too bad DW and Co don’t have a sports almanac and a time machine to know the outcome before the trade is made. Just a terrible argument, you should be a GM.

Canes needed goal scorers and all of them were gone after the Meier notification came through.

Sigurd

Slavin, our Lord and Saver (AKA Extra Goalie)
Feb 4, 2018
North Carolina
The Canes main focus was Meier. When he was traded, pretty much all of the good/top 6 available forwards (that weren't over priced players like say Hayes), were gone. I would've even been happy with Nino returning to us after Meier was gone, but Nino was traded to Winnipeg shortly before Meier. Also, Carolina isn't typically a team that trades for rentals.

It's also not like the Canes didn't try to trade for other good players before Meier this past deadline. Carolina was interested in Horvat, but Vancouver wanted a higher draft pick, and that priority meant Carolina wasn't gonna get Horvat. They weren't gonna trade Necas who Vancouver asked for (LOL).

It kind of seems a certain Blues fan might be pissed off we didn't trade for one of their players, and is twisting the sequence of events for a narrative. FWIW, I think Carolina was interested in ROR, but Toronto went truly all in with this year's deadline with multiple players (their GM's job is on the line, so many 1st round exits, etc.), and it's hard to beat a treasure trove for a rental; a guy in his 30s with a recent injury and sluggish season no less.

StephenPeat

Jul 19, 2015
At one point in time there was a poll on the main board with people rating him more valauble than Eichel which seemed so outlandish....alas now Tage Thompson is better than both. What a world we live in...
I was a huge Tage Thompson doubter but the truth is he was always better. He, himself just didn’t know it but he was always better. Tage Thompson is a monster and he can slow the game down to his speed. It might not be this year but that guy is a winner and I won’t bet against him ever again. I’d build a team around Tage Thompson over Eichel and Kuznetsov (who arguably could have won a Conn Smyth trophy) any day and all day.

Reactions: IafrateOvie34

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
The Canes main focus was Meier. When he was traded, pretty much all of the good/top 6 available forwards (that weren't over priced players like say Hayes), were gone. I would've even been happy with Nino returning to us after Meier was gone, but Nino was traded to Winnipeg shortly before Meier. Also, Carolina isn't typically a team that trades for rentals.

It's also not like the Canes didn't try to trade for other good players before Meier this past deadline. Carolina was interested in Horvat, but Vancouver wanted a higher draft pick, and that priority meant Carolina wasn't gonna get Horvat. They weren't gonna trade Necas who Vancouver asked for (LOL).

It kind of seems a certain Blues fan might be pissed off we didn't trade for one of their players, and is twisting the sequence of events for a narrative. FWIW, I think Carolina was interested in ROR, but Toronto went truly all in with this year's deadline with multiple players (their GM's job is on the line, so many 1st round exits, etc.), and it's hard to beat a treasure trove for a rental; a guy in his 30s with a recent injury and sluggish season no less.
Lol why would I be pissed. Blues got a lot in return in their deals. Canes screwed the pooch.

MadeUpName

Mar 24, 2022

Meier - 12gp 4g 2a 6p.
Barbs 14gp 4g 6a 10p
Tsenko- 22gp 5g 9a 14p
Orielly- 8gp 3g 2a 5p.

Vrana - 10gp 6g 2a 8p
Kappy- 13gp 6g 3a 9p
Blais- 21gp 8g 5a 13p.

So Canes kinda effed up
You of all people as a Blues fan should know that Tarasenko only wanted NYR and O'Rielly only wanted Toronto. St Louis accommodated them.

Barbashev doesn't move the needle at all compared to the other options mentioned. Vrana is a toxic asset per the price paid. Kapanen sucks. Blais isn't even worth mentioning.

When did this thread turn into a pissing match about the Hurricanes and their TDL strategy?
Other team's fans get butt-hurt because they think Carolina should have handed them lots of assets for a rental. Which Carolina has never done and is unlikely to do moving forward.

vippe

Mar 18, 2008
Sweden
He's looked like he's mailed it in the last two years or so.. Funny guy, and I think he would probably do well with a fresh start somewhere. He's still skilled, which he shows from time to time. probably lacks the motivation.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
You of all people as a Blues fan should know that Tarasenko only wanted NYR and O'Rielly only wanted Toronto. St Louis accommodated them.

Barbashev doesn't move the needle at all compared to the other options mentioned. Vrana is a toxic asset per the price paid. Kapanen sucks. Blais isn't even worth mentioning.

Other team's fans get butt-hurt because they think Carolina should have handed them lots of assets for a rental. Which Carolina has never done and is unlikely to do moving forward.

Just FYI orielly didn't have a nt clause. Blues could have moved him where ever they wanted. Tarasenko had a modified ntc 10 teams. Barbs is doing great actually better than timo but hey what ever you say.

Sad thing is you’re arguing out of both sides of your mouth and think you are right.

Take a gamble on a struggling player who still struggles = dumb play

Take a gamble on a struggling player who now magically does great = Guinness commercial Genius!

Way to go. your argument can only be made months later. Too bad DW and Co don’t have a sports almanac and a time machine to know the outcome before the trade is made. Just a terrible argument, you should be a GM.

Canes needed goal scorers and all of them were gone after the Meier notification came through.
No Canes had a chance for several players. They chose nothing lol

Aussie91

Mar 7, 2023
would hope the wings take a look at this. would make a decent 1/2c with larkin. probably our best bet for a top 6c this offseason. Gives them 2 years to either draft/sign a top c. What would we give up to be able to get him? could one of the first's we got at the deadline do it (either the one from bertuzzi trade or hronek) maybe a 2nd and a young player. whats everyone's thoughts?

Reactions: WingsToPick4th

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL

Also blais got 2 assists last night he now has 8g 7a 15p in 22gp. Hmmmm not worth mentioning
Jesse has 0pts and
Timo has 4g 2a in 12gp lol

DaveG

Noted Jerk
Apr 7, 2003
Winston-Salem NC
He has 2 full years at $7.8M

what team is willing to trade back a younger center with more term/ team control for him?

the team also is a cup contender and has cap room? New Jersey? Edmonton For RNH? Isles might send Horvat for him. Tavaras trade? Boston…but for what? Carolina has the space.
He'd be ideal for year 1 as an all-in type move, but the second year is a bit of a kick in the ding ding. Even with retention that would likely mean the loss of someone like Pesce or Teravainen, either of which would sting.

Might still be worth it to try bringing him in and then trying to move him out at the draft to make room to re-sign everyone we intend to keep long-term.

Reactions: VaCaps Fan

ottawa

Nov 7, 2012
Orléans/Toronto
53 points in an off-year...you guys are making it seem like he's completely washed up. Caps will be able to trade him no problem imo.

Not sure I'd pay more than a 2nd rounder if I was an interested team. Rather high cap and incredibly inconsistent.

0.93 0.72 1.05 0.95 0.83 0.70 0.99 0.72

That's his PPG over the last 8 years. All over the place. He's getting outscored by Dylan Strome right now...

Yah, and he outscored Strome every other year.

Wouldn't be surprised if Kuzy caught up and beat strome in points this year as well against all odds, with just 9 games left.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad