Value of: Evgeny Kuznetsov

• PLEASE check any bookmark on all devices. IF you see a link pointing to mandatory.com DELETE it Please use this URL https://forums.hfboards.com/

Brian23

Dec 3, 2011

So, by reports he's asked for a trade going on two years. Me thinks this leaking now means he'll probably be traded in the off-season. Curious as to how fan bases around the league would value, what the offer would be, around a Kuznetsov trade.

Cant imagine him going for futures with the team attempting to retool this off-season. Either prospects entering the NHL now or current NHLers are probably what GMBM would be looking for. Could also imagine them packaging him with their first and a prospect to upgrade either the center spot or a top line winger.

The Devilish Buffoon

Dec 24, 2018
I dont know if it makes sense from a Sens perspective, and I dont think Kuznetsov would waive for Ottawa, but something around him and Debrincat could make sense.

Reactions: Serial_Derecho

Nov 1, 2011
That's a big cap hit for his value.

Wouldn't take him for free on Vancouver.

Reactions: hn777

TheDawnOfANewTage

Dahlin, it’ll all be fine
Dec 17, 2018
He is 30 and only has 12 goals. He would fetch less than tarasenko especially with his coke issue

I doubt teams care too much about that in a vacuum- if he had a serious problem I doubt he’d be playing at all, but added to his overall character..

Like, why? The problem is he doesn’t seem to always give 100%, that’s on him. Playing time? Roster? Dude doesn’t seem totally committed to winning, so what gives? Beef with Ovi? One of the odder requests.

BlueTacos

Jul 22, 2022
STL
I doubt teams care too much about that in a vacuum- if he had a serious problem I doubt he’d be playing at all, but added to his overall character..

Like, why? The problem is he doesn’t seem to always give 100%, that’s on him. Playing time? Roster? Dude doesn’t seem totally committed to winning, so what gives? Beef with Ovi? One of the odder requests.
He is worth a first.

CapsFrontOffice

Jul 8, 2014
Any team who gets Kuzy will be getting an excellent player....he is drowning like everyone else in HCPL's system of insanity. Caps are going to have to retain a little due their emotional reaction in the press to the trade request.

Normally news like this would upset me but Kuzy is right, he deserves to be on a better ran/coached team. I don't blame him, the clock is ticking.

Obviously there has been and is a lot more going on behind the scenes than anyone is aware of. This is just the story.

Part of me also feels like Ovie is pushing for a Malkin/Kuzy trade....hmmmm

Last edited:
Reactions: Ovi895

Djp

Jul 28, 2012
Alexandria, VA
He has 2 full years at $7.8M

what team is willing to trade back a younger center with more term/ team control for him?

the team also is a cup contender and has cap room? New Jersey? Edmonton For RNH? Isles might send Horvat for him. Tavaras trade? Boston…but for what? Carolina has the space.

GIN ANTONIC

Aug 19, 2007
Toronto, ON
He has 2 full years at $7.8M

what team is willing to trade back a younger center with more term/ team control for him?

the team also is a cup contender and has cap room? New Jersey? Edmonton For RNH? Isles might send Horvat for him. Tavaras trade? Boston…but for what? Carolina has the space.
I’d definitely be interested from a Carolina perspective.

Jarvis - Aho - Necas
Svech - Kuzy - TT
——-
Koko/Staal

That’s pretty damn solid for centers. We have a bunch of players needing raises though so probably have to move somebody out. I’m kind of leaning towards Pesce on defence.

Reactions: DaveG

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Not sure I'd pay more than a 2nd rounder if I was an interested team. Rather high cap and incredibly inconsistent.

0.93 0.72 1.05 0.95 0.83 0.70 0.99 0.72

That's his PPG over the last 8 years. All over the place. He's getting outscored by Dylan Strome right now...

Voodoo Glow Skulls

Formerly Vatican Roulette
Sponsor
Sep 27, 2017
Not sure I'd pay more than a 2nd rounder if I was an interested team. Rather high cap and incredibly inconsistent.

0.93 0.72 1.05 0.95 0.83 0.70 0.99 0.72

That's his PPG over the last 8 years. All over the place. He's getting outscored by Dylan Strome right now...
What is Strome's over the last 8 years?

Reactions: ottawa

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad