Evgeni Malkin 800 Career Assists

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Wow first Russian player to 800 assists? That doesnt even sound true
true-truth.gif

kerrabria

May 3, 2018
My Dad started watching hockey in the 1980s and adopted the Penguins as a second team because Mario and Jagr were so exciting. He lost interest once the Pens declined, but Crosby/Malkin/Staal reignited his interest, which was at the same time I became old enough to follow hockey.

Not sure how he ranked Malkin compared to Lemieux/Jagr, but Geno 100% was his favorite Penguin during my lifetime. I got to watch four cup runs and three SCF victories with him, and those are some of my favorite memories with my father. Needless to say, I'm sentimental about #71, and every time he adds to his HHOF resume, I think about my Dad.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Not that Malkin needs any more pumping up, I want to post this highlight again because I quite honestly think it's a top 5 post-05 lockout goal.

Every single aspect of this goal oozes rizz, energy, gushy feelings, goosebumps, or whatever else you want to use to describe that special feeling in various parts of your body.

Now, his 09 spinner against Carolina may have been a "bigger" goal considering it was the playoffs but this particular one was sooooo damn silky smooth and refined that it's hard not to put it above 09 (playoff vs RS context not withstanding).

Reactions: kerrabria

Sideline

May 23, 2004
People forget how dominant he was during his Conn Smythe run. The list of players that have scored more points in a single playoff run is: Gretzky, Lemieux, Coffey (who was passing to Gretzky), McDavid.

All time great player.

eXile3

Dec 12, 2020
People forget how dominant he was during his Conn Smythe run. The list of players that have scored more points in a single playoff run is: Gretzky, Lemieux, Coffey (who was passing to Gretzky), McDavid.

All time great player.
*With Fedotenko and Max Talbot as his wingers, during a low scoring era.*

Also, during the bubble there was entire extra round and players still couldn’t beat his numbers that year.

Luigi Lemieux

Sep 26, 2003
Ok I'll do the meme:

37th in points all-time, likely to finish top-25
Calder
2x Art Ross
Hart
Ted Lindsey
Conn Smythe
3 Cups

Not a top-100 player though.
Impressive he's going to end up top 25 in all time scoring despite his injuries and playing in mostly a low scoring era. NHL never gonna live down leaving him off the top 100 list.

SEALBound

Fancy Gina Carano
Sponsor
Jun 13, 2010
Impressive he's going to end up top 25 in all time scoring despite his injuries and playing in mostly a low scoring era. NHL never gonna live down leaving him off the top 100 list.
Especially over some that did make the list.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
The "experts" they had voting on that list should never live it down and their hockey knowledge and opinions should forever be questioned when you make that big of a blunder.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad